RE Revelations 2, The Evil Within or Alien Isolation?

BH14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 BH14
Member since 2005 • 1927 Posts

I am in the mood for a horror game. Which of these 3 is the scariest horror game?

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

The people who like Evil Within really like it, but personally I thought it was crap. If you're a bigger fan of a series like Dead Space than Silent Hill, it may be up your alley, though. Alien Isolation is equal parts scary and frustrating. RE:R2 is just a decent RE game, so if older RE games are your think then that's probably the best bet.

-Byshop

Xanatos357

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#3 Xanatos357
Member since 2015 • 787 Posts

@BH14: I didn't care much for the Evil Within and it kind of lost it's horror theme half way through for me. I've never played RE Rev 2 because I was so turned off by RE6 that I quit on the series. Alien Isolation is one of my favorite games, but I don't know if I would say it was scary. It is more of a tense experience than horror, similar to Outlast. If you've never played Outlast, I recommend buy that one first, else go with Alien Isolation

joe_b1_kenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 joe_b1_kenobi
Member since 2007 • 849 Posts

Having played all 3 I enjoyed Resi revs 2 the most. Alien isolation was awesome for the first few hours but quickly grew tiresome. Its probably the scariest though if thats what your looking for. Evil within was ok but takes itself abit too serious compared to the b movieness of resi.

BH14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5  Edited By BH14
Member since 2005 • 1927 Posts

Do I have to play revelations 1 to play part2?

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

Alien: Isolation is a bad game, so I don't think you should play that,

Evil Within is alright, it has its moments. Haven't played Revelations 2, but the first revelations did not hook me at all.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d68555a05c4b
deactivated-5d68555a05c4b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 deactivated-5d68555a05c4b
Member since 2015 • 1024 Posts

RE Rev2 is pretty decent until episode 4 which completely ruined the game for me, which is sad because Rev1 is my favorite RE game

Evil Within was good, challenging, and lots of gameplay options, story was awful though

Alien I haven't played but I've heard its pretty intense

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8  Edited By Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10416 Posts

i really enjoyed alien isolation. it gets incredibly tense and genuinely scary at points. it's got some excellent stealth mechanics too and some superb atmospheric sound design. my favourite game of last year tied with shadow of mordor. i'd say you'd have to be a fan of patient / stealth gameplay to get the most out of it though.

i though the evil within was awful. full of predictable horror genre tropes and not scary in the slightest. frustrating controls, uninspired formulaic missions, awkward camera, squashed letterbox frame, feels like it struggles to hit 20fps at times despite the last gen visuals. i'd avoid it unless it's a bargain bin buy

Oi_Oi_Spanky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Oi_Oi_Spanky
Member since 2015 • 301 Posts

Alien Isolation I'd say. My only gripe was it was too long really. I normally don't mind but the end seemed to be strung out by getting to a certain mission point only for a power generator to blow and have to go all the way back to restart it, and return to the mission point again.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

I prefer Alien isolation over The evil within. It had more intense moments because the Alien is so unpredictable.

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

i enjoyed RE Revelations 2.. me and my daughter beat it in co-op.. pretty decent RE game

kaealy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 kaealy
Member since 2004 • 2179 Posts

Alien: Isolation really out stays its welcome, could have been at least 6-8 hours shorter. I enjoyed Evil Within most of the lot mentioned, the dlc was even enjoyable. It's a really disturbing game until a point in the games story, then it Kinda falls off and isn't as scary or disturbing.

Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#13  Edited By Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

Having played all of the titles (and currently playing though Evil Within) I have to admit, from the horror point of view - Alien gave me more scare, simply because you're in constant danger and have no idea where and when will Alien show up. Plus, I am a fan of the original two movies so :P