Ratchet and Clank....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Josb0411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Josb0411
Member since 2007 • 56 Posts
I loved the game...enough not to even unwrap COD4 untill I beat it cause I know I prob. wont go back to it...But I thought challenge mode would be a bit harder, but with the weapon upgrades, it seemed easier...What do you guys think?...Going back and picking up things I missed and on to COD4!
Jbul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 Jbul
Member since 2007 • 4838 Posts

I personally loved Ratchet And Clank. One of the funnest games I've played in awhile. I wasn't disappointed with the lack of challenge, whatsoever. The game was fairly long, and has plenty of secrets that are worth unlocking. And some of those cutscenes had me laughing out loud... :lol: :)

interpolate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 interpolate
Member since 2007 • 257 Posts

GOTY for me, there is plenty of stuff to go back and do and see things you missed. I played it almost every night during my christmas vacation. Most of all, its fun as hell ain't it?

ps. I still have no friggin clue how insomniac shoved all those polygons in the backgrounds of the levels.

gtarmanrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 gtarmanrob
Member since 2006 • 1206 Posts

i know what you mean by the game feeling a little easier coz of the new weapons in Challenge Mode...but if you try and get the Omega versions of each weapon, you'll find it is quite a bit harder, the enemies take a LOT more hits to go down, and keeping a high multiplier up so as to get more bolts is quite challenging. the most i've had was a 13x for a while...then i hit one of those explosive crates with my wrench (didnt notice it was explosive) and the multi was gone. the battle arena is great for getting it back up though. thats another thing you can go back and do, all the Battles.

i absolutely loved that game, have almost completed it. i found all the weapon plans and got the secret weapon, i've bought the Golden Groovitron and still have like 600K raritanium lol. and all weapons except...the Laser Wrist Slasher Thing (cant remember what its called) are Omega weapons, not all VX though.

yeah some of those cutscenes had me laughing a bit too.

I_Helios_I

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 I_Helios_I
Member since 2007 • 1220 Posts

Yea the original Ratchet and Clank I thought was the best in the series till Tools of Destruction.

Thats not to say the others weren't great because they were amazing it was just that Tools of Destruction was had the total package and fused gameplay with comedy very well.

BenderUnit22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#6 BenderUnit22
Member since 2006 • 9597 Posts
Well, the game's starting to piss me off, getting the skill points in those crappy rail-shooting sequences is overly frustrating.
Josb0411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Josb0411

I got mine as high as x17 in the arena....and yeah the only thing that made the game more challenging in challenge mode was using my weaker weapons trying to max them out...takes forever for them to die!...but yeah amazing game...I have COD4 wrapped up still, waiting to finish Ratchet first

Quadrifoglio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 Quadrifoglio
Member since 2006 • 5451 Posts

I personally loved Ratchet And Clank. One of the funnest games I've played in awhile. I wasn't disappointed with the lack of challenge, whatsoever. The game was fairly long, and has plenty of secrets that are worth unlocking. And some of those cutscenes had me laughing out loud... :lol: :)

Jbul

Me too! "Oh, I almost didn't recognize you in Hi-Def!" The one where Clank gets punched in the face with that spring boxing glove also made lol! :lol:

Josb0411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Josb0411
Yeah, def some good lines in those cut scenes
gtarmanrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10 gtarmanrob
Member since 2006 • 1206 Posts
yeah i lol'ed first time i saw that cutscene with clank getting punched. the dialogue is also really clever. like the prison mission, where that Captain guy (cant remember his name, the goofy green hero guy) calls you Deadmeat and describes the prison to you. he uses a HEAP of alliteration, cant remember how many words he manages to string together all beginning with D. and his dialogue through that mission was classic.. "ok, so there weren't any tortured souls.."