r6 blurry resolution solution, own the game?? then read

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MadDog1250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 MadDog1250
Member since 2004 • 76 Posts

I am one of the ppl who bought vegas and sat looking at my screen going
"WTF???? WHERES THE PPL??? ARE THOSE BLOBS SHOOTING AT ME???!?"

Yes yes its a result of ubisifts now legendary resolution balls up of 2007 (not bad considering the games been out like, 4 days here)

Its a great game and i dont regret buying it, but not everyone is understanding that the blurryness isnt the games acual graphics and i keep reading of ppl taking their copy back, this isnt good enough, it means less ideals for ubi to fix the game a bit, and less for me to frag online , so listen up

Ok, first of all it all depends on the type of telly you have and how you connect your ps3 to it, i will list mine here so you can get an idea

My tv:-

Supports all modes except 1080p

Connected via component cables

ok got it/ good!

now first thing i wanna say here, is i have no experiace with the hdmi cabl, my telly doesnt support it and i miss the 1080p resolution, im not sure whether the blur affects the hdmi on 1080p withhdmi, so for now lets assume it does.

ok, start your ps3 , and on the xbar home (the thing with music, pictures, videos etc.)

go to settings (far left, just after user)

go dow to display settings and push x

Then x again on the first available option

uncheck the 2 1080 resolutions and go to next page

keep going through the pages and you will be asked to configure your audio settings, as long as everything already works dont modify anything

DO NOT QUIT OR GO BACK AT THIS STAGE OR THE CHANGES WONT TAKE EFFECT!!!!!

Ok, at the end itll say push x to save your changes.

Load up vegas

GO OMGSHINYSEXXOR!!!!!!!! at the graphics being actually kind of nice now!!!!

Bear in mind that the graphics in multiplayer are toned down anyway (as in most games) so to get full erffect of changes look on single player!

I am fully aaware there are other threads like this but mosts eem to be spammed by dicks who say stuff like, "if you change the ps3 resolution the ps3 breaks!" etc etc. i can assure you thats a lie, and this 100% works ppl.

If anyone wants me to post up pictures showing the differances before they do this then just say so and i will do that!!!!

Have fun everyone

Javy03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Javy03
Member since 2006 • 6886 Posts

I am one of the ppl who bought vegas and sat looking at my screen going
"WTF???? WHERES THE PPL??? ARE THOSE BLOBS SHOOTING AT ME???!?"

Yes yes its a result of ubisifts now legendary resolution balls up of 2007 (not bad considering the games been out like, 4 days here)

Its a great game and i dont regret buying it, but not everyone is understanding that the blurryness isnt the games acual graphics and i keep reading of ppl taking their copy back, this isnt good enough, it means less ideals for ubi to fix the game a bit, and less for me to frag online , so listen up

Ok, first of all it all depends on the type of telly you have and how you connect your ps3 to it, i will list mine here so you can get an idea

My tv:-

Supports all modes except 1080p

Connected via component cables

ok got it/ good!

now first thing i wanna say here, is i have no experiace with the hdmi cabl, my telly doesnt support it and i miss the 1080p resolution, im not sure whether the blur affects the hdmi on 1080p withhdmi, so for now lets assume it does.

ok, start your ps3 , and on the xbar home (the thing with music, pictures, videos etc.)

go to settings (far left, just after user)

go dow to display settings and push x

Then x again on the first available option

uncheck the 2 1080 resolutions and go to next page

keep going through the pages and you will be asked to configure your audio settings, as long as everything already works dont modify anything

DO NOT QUIT OR GO BACK AT THIS STAGE OR THE CHANGES WONT TAKE EFFECT!!!!!

Ok, at the end itll say push x to save your changes.

Load up vegas

GO OMGSHINYSEXXOR!!!!!!!! at the graphics being actually kind of nice now!!!!

Bear in mind that the graphics in multiplayer are toned down anyway (as in most games) so to get full erffect of changes look on single player!

I am fully aaware there are other threads like this but mosts eem to be spammed by dicks who say stuff like, "if you change the ps3 resolution the ps3 breaks!" etc etc. i can assure you thats a lie, and this 100% works ppl.

If anyone wants me to post up pictures showing the differances before they do this then just say so and i will do that!!!!

Have fun everyone

MadDog1250

I am curious to see some before and after pics if you could.

istylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 istylee
Member since 2007 • 1117 Posts
does this only concern HDTVs?
bigLLL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 bigLLL
Member since 2005 • 3688 Posts
are you just saying turn it from 1080i to 720p?? is so yes it does look a lot better in 720p
mfarris2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 mfarris2006
Member since 2005 • 335 Posts
Actually Rainbow does support 1080p its just not on the box but I have a 1080p tv and my rainbow displays 1080p
EmperorSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 EmperorSupreme
Member since 2006 • 7686 Posts
The game definetly looks better in 720p. UBI just put code in to stretch the image for 1080p which is why the text and other items become blurry.
bruno420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 bruno420
Member since 2004 • 284 Posts
Go into your display settings on your ps3, and change it to 720p. My Tv also supports up to 1080p, and by default the game goes to 1080i... I was fooling around with it, and 720p is so much clearer!!! hope this helps./
eclipsed4utoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 eclipsed4utoo
Member since 2006 • 10578 Posts

are you just saying turn it from 1080i to 720p?? is so yes it does look a lot better in 720pbigLLL

yes, that is what he is saying. it seems that when R6:Vegas is displayed at 1080i, it looks awful. so you need to force the PS3 to display it in 720p.

MadDog1250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MadDog1250
Member since 2004 • 76 Posts

ok, havent taken screenies from my tv yet as camera acting up, but here is a picture of it on an non hdmi cable connected 1080i tv resolution

1080 i resolution

And here it is on the 720 option

720 resolution

sorry for small pics , dunno how to upscale without blurrin, which renders the whole point pointless really.

Obviously these arent the same image (which wouldve been useful) but you can see the colouring and blur in the top 1080i one compared to the clearer pic in the second 720 one

Tomorrow i will have comparisons of both resolutions on the smae image (in m,ultiple places so you can see the lighting blurs too) until then this is the basic differance

KraigA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 KraigA
Member since 2006 • 677 Posts
are you just saying turn it from 1080i to 720p?? is so yes it does look a lot better in 720pbigLLL

LOL. That is exactly what I think this user is saying. It is also true. The game looks better in 720p than 1080i.
I don't know why the initial post was so large tho. LOL.
phoenixrebirth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#12 phoenixrebirth
Member since 2006 • 899 Posts
Dont waste yur time. The pc version blows.
jdang307

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 jdang307
Member since 2006 • 1512 Posts

Summary: Play the game at 720p.

lol.

iamsickofspam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 iamsickofspam
Member since 2007 • 1043 Posts

its a pain having to change the xmb resolution every time you leave or start the game though, they should just patch a fix into the options within the game and allow you to select 720p from a video menu.

pnizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 pnizz
Member since 2007 • 232 Posts
resistance is 720p...i have my ps3 via hdmi throwing out 1080i maximum...when i play resistance it automatically downgrades it to 720 p...which is cool..das how it should be...R6V forces me to display 720p ...dat suks...but da game is well worth it
Disturbed83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Disturbed83
Member since 2003 • 81 Posts

its a pain having to change the xmb resolution every time you leave or start the game though, they should just patch a fix into the options within the game and allow you to select 720p from a video menu.

iamsickofspam

I hope they patch this problem too. The game looks so much better at 720p! I don't wanna keep having to change my PS3 back to 1080p when I wanna play at game at 1080p or watch a blu-ray movie.

---SLUG---

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ---SLUG---
Member since 2007 • 535 Posts

resistance is 720p...i have my ps3 via hdmi throwing out 1080i maximum...when i play resistance it automatically downgrades it to 720 p...which is cool..das how it should be...R6V forces me to display 720p ...dat suks...but da game is well worth it
pnizz

that's, that, the.......how hard was that?