"To mod or not to mod that is the question"

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for TransformersFan
TransformersFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 TransformersFan
Member since 2008 • 176 Posts

So I'v been having this internal debate since I got my PSP2000 last year. For a long time, I was happy with the PSP software because I had about three years worth of games to play, including the big hits of '08 like Crisis Core and GoW. But now Im feeling the drought. I cant seem to find any games that I'd like to play (im sure there are some good games now, but none that interest me). Lately, Ive been thinking about modding my PSP, for the simple option of using PSX emulators to play old games. Ive been holding out hope that Sony would release some quality titiles on PSN, but besides Suikoden, I dont see anything I'd like. Japan has MGS1 and RE1, 2, and 3 plus some others. There's some news Capcom will release some games, but seeing the list of games that are availble on the net RIGHT NOW is tempting me. SilentHill 1, Parasite Eve, All the older PS1 Final Fantasies including Vagrant Story. So many games I missed out on, and their easily available to download (illegaly) once I take the giant leap of modding my fave handheld.

So now I turn to you. What is your opinion? Is there a risk in modding. Is it a difficult process getting these old games on my PSP? Should I wait another year for Sony, Capcom, Square Enix to finnaly tap into the potential $$$ they would make by utilizing the PSN? What should I do? Have you done it? And was it a good choice? Not right, but satisfying choice nonetheless?

Lemme know, and thanks in advance.

GodofBigMacs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 GodofBigMacs
Member since 2008 • 6440 Posts
You're not allowed to talk about this kinda stuff when it's illegal.
SophinaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3 SophinaK
Member since 2006 • 990 Posts
That is correct. Please don't make any more topics about illegal activities. Please read the forum headers and the sticky threads when posting in new forums... This forum has a specific warning against illegal mods/homebrew in the header.