"Play, Create, Share" games

This topic is locked from further discussion.

denmarx12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 denmarx12
Member since 2008 • 662 Posts

Now that Little Big Planet is out and soon Modnation Racers, I feel its time for a "Play, Create, Share" Shooter.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

Now that Little Big Planet is out and soon Modnation Racers, I feel its time for a "Play, Create, Share" Shooter.

denmarx12

Id rather have a play create share fighter like smash bros or something. Although I did have fun with Timesplitters map editor and that was severly more limited then LBP's editor.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts
A shooter is unlikely because it needs balance, unless you mean making single player things and even then it would be pretty tough to pull off.
Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts
A shooter is unlikely because it needs balance, unless you mean making single player things and even then it would be pretty tough to pull off. Sepewrath
Just give it a online Level creator and do the gameplay like COD1.
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 NaveedLife

Or better yet, a adventure title would rock. They could have the games SP and all just like zelda or whatever. but you could creat levels that would take maybe 10 minutes to an hour to beat depending. That would rock IMO.

denmarx12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 denmarx12
Member since 2008 • 662 Posts

A shooter is unlikely because it needs balance, unless you mean making single player things and even then it would be pretty tough to pull off. Sepewrath

There's always ways around the "Balance" issue. One way would be to make a preset selection of the guns (Like any gun game), and make the levels/ anything else creatable. I'm not talking creating guns, but rather the world that you use the guns in.

DaAlienMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#7 DaAlienMan
Member since 2008 • 1076 Posts
[QUOTE="denmarx12"]

Definately a cool idea, maybe give us the ability to make massively awesome levels with like bombings and stuff..deffinately could work
Mrgumby_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Mrgumby_
Member since 2008 • 162 Posts

Brink ???... altho it doesn't have 'share' and you can really only create your own character.

Wolfetan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Wolfetan
Member since 2010 • 7522 Posts

Media Molecule needs to make a 3d version of Littlebigplanet.

I would cry a river.. of happyness.

bigboss1203

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 bigboss1203
Member since 2009 • 1885 Posts
it worked for Halo didnt it? I mean the online level creator not single player. Single Player would be difficult with a shooter :?
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 NaveedLife

Wolfetan

I agree but at the same time love the 2d version. It's not that I think the 3d is better but i think if done right, it could be insanely awesome and replayable. I can't even begin to imagine how much people could do. Plus having it and a 2d lbp means they can coexist.

brickdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 156

#12 brickdoctor
Member since 2008 • 9746 Posts

The closest you'll get to that is Halo 3.

Wolfetan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Wolfetan

[QUOTE="Wolfetan"]

NaveedLife

I agree but at the same time love the 2d version. It's not that I think the 3d is better but i think if done right, it could be insanely awesome and replayable. I can't even begin to imagine how much people could do. Plus having it and a 2d lbp means they can coexist.

It worked with Mario. And I love stuff like Prince of Persia. A 3d platformer by media molecule under this genre would instantly become my favorite game ever.
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 NaveedLife

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

[QUOTE="Wolfetan"]

Wolfetan

It worked with Mario. And I love stuff like Prince of Persia. A 3d platformer by media molecule under this genre would instantly become my favorite game ever.

I hear ya! I just thought about it though, and the one thing I see that media molecule would have to do, is make the controls a BIT more complex. Meaning there needs to be more functions like wall jumps and other stuff. Maybe a tighter feel to. I think the floaty feel in LBP as well as the simple controls, are fine, as they always were in a 2d platformer, but in 3D i think it requires more.

chrisPperson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#15 chrisPperson
Member since 2008 • 1393 Posts
The "Play, Create, Share" concept was generally fitted towards wider audiences; while still appreciated by the less casual gamers, its ultimate intentions were to appeal to everyone. A shooter will definitely not do this.
Wolfetan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Wolfetan
The "Play, Create, Share" concept was generally fitted towards wider audiences; while still appreciated by the less casual gamers, its ultimate intentions were to appeal to everyone. A shooter will definitely not do this.chrisPperson
*cough* MW2*cough*
chrisPperson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 chrisPperson
[QUOTE="chrisPperson"]The "Play, Create, Share" concept was generally fitted towards wider audiences; while still appreciated by the less casual gamers, its ultimate intentions were to appeal to everyone. A shooter will definitely not do this.Wolfetan
*cough* MW2*cough*

I'd hardly call MW2 players "casual".
ShootingPwnage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ShootingPwnage
Member since 2009 • 423 Posts

I just read some articles on Playstation's new concepts for games cominglater, they stated that they are working on an open world sand-boxgamewith the concept Play Create Share. The game would allow you to create the game's missions and share them online. Im waiting to see what it is!

chrisPperson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 chrisPperson

I just read some articles on Playstation's new concepts for games cominglater, they stated that they are working on an open world sand-boxgamewith the concept Play Create Share. The game would allow you to create the game's missions and share them online. Im waiting to see what it is!

ShootingPwnage
Any links for this? It would be interesting but I don't understand where you came up with this.
Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts

How about beat'em ups or Shmups?

mental_case_5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#21 mental_case_5
Member since 2009 • 609 Posts

How come no one mentioned Far Cry 2. That is a 1st person and has a Level Creator.

Jeez people

Shad0ki11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Shad0ki11
Member since 2006 • 12576 Posts

denmarx12

Hell no. No more shooters for the love of Christ.

mental_case_5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#23 mental_case_5
Member since 2009 • 609 Posts

[QUOTE="denmarx12"]

Shad0ki11

Hell no. No more shooters for the love of Christ.

I agree. Shooters suck.

jtemplegarage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 jtemplegarage
Member since 2008 • 266 Posts

I imagine that we probably won't see a "Play, Create, Share" shooter for quite some time. This, along with the SF-type of fighter, are probably two genres they'll want to avoid at first, only because Sony is trying to establish "Play Create Share" as being very family-friendly; while it's possible to do family-friendly shooters and fighters - and there have been great examples of both! - those two genres do tend to naturally skew towards violence.

Personally, I'm thinking a "Play Create Share" role-playing title would be the way to go for game #3 - it would really expand the storytelling abilities that many players tried to do in LBP, albeit in limited fashion. However,I think it'll be a while before we hear anything about "Play Create Share" #3 - ModNation Racers is coming out on May 25th, just 3 weeks before E3, and you know that Sony is going to want to focus everything on that for a while, to ensure that it gets the same kind of community support and growth that LBP did. Heck, it might even have a chance at being BIGGER than LBP, seeing as how kart racing lends itself more naturally to online multiplayer than platforming does - I can't wait to get my hands on it!

Ospov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Ospov
Member since 2007 • 3708 Posts

Little Big Planet and Mod Nation Racers are both family friendly games.. Shooters...not so much. I doubt it'll happen.

RavenLoud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 RavenLoud
Member since 2009 • 2874 Posts

denmarx12

There are shooters that allow mods and have map editing tools (UT3, Halo 3, etc)
Id rather have a play create share fighter like smash bros or something. Although I did have fun with Timesplitters map editor and that was severly more limited then LBP's editor.

NaveedLife

I second this.

How about beat'em ups or Shmups?

Denji

And this.

And a 3D PLATFORMER! (LBP2?)

dkjestrup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 dkjestrup
Member since 2007 • 1214 Posts
Okay. If anyone here has played LBP for any good length of time, you'd realize that LBP was the wrong Genre. Every second bleeding level has a dragon boss battle, puzzles, etc. Basically, we wanted Zelda/Demons Souls gameplay, with the Play Create Share mantra. You could customize your looks with loads of types of armour, and the game could be really serious.