Question about all the Assassins Creed games

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Booty998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Booty998
Member since 2005 • 701 Posts

I have never played any of the Assassins Creed games. But after seeing the pictures for the third one it made me want to play. Would you recommend playing all of the ones that are currently out? Also what order do they go? thanks

Jinroh_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Jinroh_basic
Member since 2002 • 6413 Posts

I have never played any of the Assassins Creed games. But after seeing the pictures for the third one it made me want to play. Would you recommend playing all of the ones that are currently out? Also what order do they go? thanks

Booty998

definitely not ALL of them, but you should at least check out AC2, which imo has the most engaging narrative in the whole franchise. after that maybe Brotherhood. it further improves on AC2's gameplay in most aspects - though AI remains dismal, a problem which i fully expect Ubisoft to fix in AC3. haven't played Revelations so i can't comment, but den defense seems to sour the game for many fans.

NaviJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 NaviJ
Member since 2012 • 137 Posts

Definetly play AC2 as for the other ones...play assassin's creed and if you become a big fan of the game then go ahead and play the other ones but if you thought ac2 was just mediocre, then I would leave the other games.

PolygonBust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 PolygonBust
Member since 2011 • 239 Posts

Play AC1 then AC2, for story purposes. I haven't played the two spin-offs but people say they don't add much to the story anyway.

tjricardo089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 tjricardo089
Member since 2010 • 7429 Posts

You can skip the first one, but play all the others.

woodyfr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#6 woodyfr
Member since 2010 • 288 Posts
If you should play one it's AC 2. The first great too but with a wold too much "empty".
Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#7 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts
I would not skip the first game. Its still good game and its very important to the story. After that play then in order they were released. AC1 - AC: Revelations. ;)
ReviewerDrake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ReviewerDrake
Member since 2011 • 805 Posts

Play them all in order AC1-AC REV

Alx1231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Alx1231
Member since 2007 • 527 Posts

Play AC1 then AC2, for story purposes. I haven't played the two spin-offs but people say they don't add much to the story anyway.

PolygonBust
That's not true at all. I think that every game, story wise, is very very important. At least when it comes to Desmond. You probably have no idea what happened to Lucy or where Desmond is by the end of revelations. You must play!!! The only one I think can be skipped is one because the plot doesn't move very far and is pretty accurately summarized in part two. That being said, AC1 made me fall in love with the series even though it had its faults. I think you should play them all
schizo_talon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 schizo_talon
Member since 2010 • 249 Posts

Play the first one as it will make you enjoy the second even more.

PolygonBust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 PolygonBust
Member since 2011 • 239 Posts

[QUOTE="PolygonBust"]

Alx1231

That's not true at all. I think that every game, story wise, is very very important. At least when it comes to Desmond. You probably have no idea what happened to Lucy or where Desmond is by the end of revelations. You must play!!! The only one I think can be skipped is one because the plot doesn't move very far and is pretty accurately summarized in part two. That being said, AC1 made me fall in love with the series even though it had its faults. I think you should play them all

I probably will eventually, the reason I hesitate buying them is because I think they'll be too much like AC2, just with different missions. Isn't Brotherhood more online oriented?

-Fromage-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 -Fromage-
Member since 2009 • 10572 Posts
I was actually thinking the same thing, getting into the series somehow. If 2 is the way to go I'll start with that one and go from there.
Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
I'd suggest reading a plot summary of the first game online. The series improves massively with ACII so get II, Brohood and Revelations.
SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#14 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

AC1 isn't that great and its so dated and repetitive you may not even finish it (I barely did), though I'd give it a quick rent or $5 purchase since I hear a lot of people loved it and the story is good.

ACII is easily the best AC game in the series, with a fantastic story, fantastic gameplay, fantastic set pieces, fantastic RPG mechanics, fantastic polish, fantastic freedom and oh my god I have to go replay it right now.

Brotherhood I'd give a rent since it was short-ish and the multiplayer probably won't be as prominent or fully featured as Reveations' multiplayer.

Have yet to try Revelations myself.

xGamePlayerx19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 xGamePlayerx19
Member since 2008 • 379 Posts

well id say play all the games but thats just me, i think its better to get the full experience of the series and such. its goes in order like this; AC, ACll, AC:BH, AC:R. in my opinion their all great games, but then again this is one of my most favorite series.

Avatar image for phantom_blade66
phantom_blade66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#16 phantom_blade66
Member since 2009 • 930 Posts

They're all cheap enough now, play them in order the way they were meant to be played. Then you won't need to keep making topics asking all these questions. Though AC2 is the best, so if that doesn't sell you on the series then don't bother.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#17 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

I'm actually playing my first Assassin's Creed game right now... It's Assassin's Creed II. You'll have to look up the plot of the first game to have any idea of what's going on and despite the rough controls, it's an enjoyable enough experience.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#18 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts
I've played 2 and Brotherhood and have gone back and played through most of the first. I don't think the very first one is really worth playing. Unless you really want to know how it starts, skip the first.
iTzFiNaL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 iTzFiNaL
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts

I would recommened you play all of them. The first one is really boring gameplay wise as it is extreamly repetitive, so if you give any of them a miss, make it that one. It has a decent story though. Definitly play AC 2, it is the best out of all of them by a long way. From two onwards they kind of link together, so I wouldn't recommened playing Brotherhood or Revelations without playing the previous ones.