Question about AC Brotherhood beta.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ryuz4kee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 ryuz4kee
Member since 2010 • 1005 Posts

I cant use the game forums so I'd appreciate any help you can give. Can you sword fight or use any other weapons or is it all just executions?

Avatar image for TroubleMaker411
TroubleMaker411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 TroubleMaker411
Member since 2009 • 1445 Posts

It's straight up exectutions.

there is no combat as such, you either kill your target, or you don't. There is no middle ground.

See you in the city my friend

ryuz4kee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ryuz4kee
Hmm, they should have made a gametype with swordfights an that kinda stuff. I think people will get VERY tired of being restricted to straight executions
JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 JoKeR_421
Member since 2006 • 8920 Posts
its OK at best, but man i murdered so many ppl that they started to add me for no reason lol the game is fairly easy. and im glad im not gettin the game
ryuz4kee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ryuz4kee
Im looking forward to the single player more then anything, I still think they should have given us a little variety with the weapons... having executions ONLY in every gametype seems a little...stupid on their part ya know.
TroubleMaker411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 TroubleMaker411

I think it's great.

I am a big fan of the AC franchise, and i think this is the best way the multiplayer could have been.

Sword fights would be a silly idea IMHO, too long and the slightest bit of server lag would lead to a loss. No thanks.

However, i don't think real opinions of the MP can be made until the game hits next month and we get our hands on all the playable modes!

ryuz4kee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ryuz4kee
Oh come now dude, Im an AC fan as well but you need to really think about it. Having different kinds of weapons is a great idea, otherwise people WILL get bored of it and it will definately die (Im not saying I will stop playing it cause of this Im just saying I wish I had it, and most gamers nowadays get bored VERY fast if they dont have a little variety).
ryuz4kee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ryuz4kee
Actually some QTE swordfights would be AWESOME, (like Heavy Rain, those ARE called QTE's right?)
Warship_19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 Warship_19
Member since 2010 • 1565 Posts
Is this on the PSN now? I havin't touched my PS3 in a week I've been so busy.
Reptylus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#10 Reptylus
Member since 2009 • 1875 Posts

I've seen that you'll unlock a hidden gun after a while. So their will be variety in the methods of assassination. That's fine with me, that's just how I imagined this game since 2 years ago.

And I agree on the argument that the AC combat style wouldn't work out well in online multiplayer: Too slow, too precise. Everyone would just stand their waiting for their opponent to strike first and win with a counter attack. Which would fail in many cases because of lag. Doesn't sound nice.

TroubleMaker411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TroubleMaker411

Oh come now dude, Im an AC fan as well but you need to really think about it. Having different kinds of weapons is a great idea, otherwise people WILL get bored of it and it will definately die (Im not saying I will stop playing it cause of this Im just saying I wish I had it, and most gamers nowadays get bored VERY fast if they dont have a little variety).ryuz4kee

The thing is.... You do die alot.

But you kill alot too.

It aint COD, the game isn't about your KDR. It's about stealth and tension.

I have had games where all the way through i am checking behind me, and the adrenaine was pumping full stream as the tension built all the waythrough the round.

I don't think quick time minigames are the way to go in MP. the slightest bit of rubberbanding and lag and the game is ruined.

ryuz4kee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ryuz4kee
No I didnt mean the player dies I meant the multiplayer will die
ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

Actually some QTE swordfights would be AWESOME, (like Heavy Rain, those ARE called QTE's right?)ryuz4kee

Yes they are called QTE (quick time event) and actually it could work with the game thinking about it xD

Anyway, are the modes already known? I guess there's more than just this execution mode (which I don't really like TBH)

SoraX64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#14 SoraX64
Member since 2008 • 29221 Posts
I'm really liking the Beta so far; a few changes and fixes here and there, and the full MP is going to be great. I just wish more people would use stealth. There are too many people that just sprint all around getting 100 point kills.
kweeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#15 kweeni
Member since 2007 • 11413 Posts
Nice beta, kinda how I expected it to be. But whenever I'll buy Brotherhood it will be for the SP not the MP.
UnrealLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#16 UnrealLegend
Member since 2009 • 5888 Posts

I haven't played the Beta, because I'm more of a SP person.

lordfalsus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 lordfalsus
Member since 2010 • 527 Posts

i love the beta actually its really diffrent its pretty simple untill you level up, one thing i will say is there needs to be a bit more variety in the people. it would be awesome if you could sword fight and shoot... and im aware of the secret gun also

The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 The_Rick_14
Member since 2006 • 9945 Posts
The biggest issue with the beta right now is the fact that running around like an idiot is the best way to get the most points in a round still so all of the stealth and tension is right out the window. Being slow and deliberate just leads to someone running up behind you and killing you. There is an extremely long discussion of possible solutions to this in the AC:B forums. Things like changing how the compass works to changing the points levels. Should be interesting. I love the idea of stealth gameplay where you are the hunter and prey at the same time, just needs some tweaking until they get it right in my opinion.
lordfalsus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 lordfalsus
Member since 2010 • 527 Posts
The biggest issue with the beta right now is the fact that running around like an idiot is the best way to get the most points in a round still so all of the stealth and tension is right out the window. Being slow and deliberate just leads to someone running up behind you and killing you. There is an extremely long discussion of possible solutions to this in the AC:B forums. Things like changing how the compass works to changing the points levels. Should be interesting. I love the idea of stealth gameplay where you are the hunter and prey at the same time, just needs some tweaking until they get it right in my opinion. The_Rick_14
this... good point
TroubleMaker411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 TroubleMaker411

[QUOTE="The_Rick_14"]The biggest issue with the beta right now is the fact that running around like an idiot is the best way to get the most points in a round still so all of the stealth and tension is right out the window. Being slow and deliberate just leads to someone running up behind you and killing you. There is an extremely long discussion of possible solutions to this in the AC:B forums. Things like changing how the compass works to changing the points levels. Should be interesting. I love the idea of stealth gameplay where you are the hunter and prey at the same time, just needs some tweaking until they get it right in my opinion. lordfalsus
this... good point

I have pretty much stopped playing the beta because of this.

It has really pissed me off how the people playing have progressivley aimed for lots of 100 point kills by simply running around instead of working for it.

It does need changing. Otherwise the online for AC is going to be ruined.

SoraX64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#21 SoraX64
Member since 2008 • 29221 Posts
The biggest issue with the beta right now is the fact that running around like an idiot is the best way to get the most points in a round still so all of the stealth and tension is right out the window. Being slow and deliberate just leads to someone running up behind you and killing you. There is an extremely long discussion of possible solutions to this in the AC:B forums. Things like changing how the compass works to changing the points levels. Should be interesting. I love the idea of stealth gameplay where you are the hunter and prey at the same time, just needs some tweaking until they get it right in my opinion. The_Rick_14
I've found that the people who sprint and get 100 point kills end up coming in around 3rd to 5th.. I usually come in first because I get 400 point, sometimes even 900 point kills. I usually play at Rome, so I just make sure to watch my back and stay on rooftops when I can.
Tweetie-Pot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Tweetie-Pot
Member since 2010 • 1040 Posts
[QUOTE="The_Rick_14"]The biggest issue with the beta right now is the fact that running around like an idiot is the best way to get the most points in a round still so all of the stealth and tension is right out the window. Being slow and deliberate just leads to someone running up behind you and killing you. There is an extremely long discussion of possible solutions to this in the AC:B forums. Things like changing how the compass works to changing the points levels. Should be interesting. I love the idea of stealth gameplay where you are the hunter and prey at the same time, just needs some tweaking until they get it rigt hin my opinion. SoraX64
I've found that the people who sprint and get 100 point kills end up coming in around 3rd to 5th.. I usually come in first because I get 400 point, sometimes even 900 point kills. I usually play at Rome, so I just make sure to watch my back and stay on rooftops when I can.

Same here. I always shrug off the the people who only get 100 pts kills. All my kills are usually 300 pts each or more.
The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 The_Rick_14
Member since 2006 • 9945 Posts
[QUOTE="The_Rick_14"]The biggest issue with the beta right now is the fact that running around like an idiot is the best way to get the most points in a round still so all of the stealth and tension is right out the window. Being slow and deliberate just leads to someone running up behind you and killing you. There is an extremely long discussion of possible solutions to this in the AC:B forums. Things like changing how the compass works to changing the points levels. Should be interesting. I love the idea of stealth gameplay where you are the hunter and prey at the same time, just needs some tweaking until they get it right in my opinion. SoraX64

It's possible that I just haven't spent enough time with it. That was just my initial impression. Glad to see that the system is working for some people.