Pulling a "Raiden" again?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

monclizabox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 monclizabox
Member since 2008 • 45 Posts

I think that Kojima is definitely going to pull another "Raiden"...........and the way he is going to do it? You are not going to play as "Old" Snake the whole entire game (I hated his appearance when I first saw his new image). It's either a disguise and you will play as a Younger looking Snake (however still old but not senior citizen old) later on in the game. Or maybe there is some other type of clone that looks like a young Snake.

I know Snake is aging because he is a clone......blah blah blah!!! But this can't be the original model that Kojima had in mind, it just can't be! Somethings gotta be up with the senior citizen looking Solid Snake.

What do you guys think??

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2 avataraang1
Member since 2006 • 5436 Posts

I think that Kojima is definitely going to pull another "Raiden"...........and the way he is going to do it? You are not going to play as "Old" Snake the whole entire game (I hated his appearance when I first saw his new image). It's either a disguise and you will play as a Younger looking Snake (however still old but not senior citizen old) later on in the game. Or maybe there is some other type of clone that looks like a young Snake.

I know Snake is aging because he is a clone......blah blah blah!!! But this can't be the original model that Kojima had in mind, it just can't be! Somethings gotta be up with the senior citizen looking Solid Snake.

What do you guys think??

monclizabox
Of course you'll play a Raiden its pretty obvious since Rose is in the game. And youll play as METAL GEAR REX! (As seen in the trailer)
monclizabox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 monclizabox
Member since 2008 • 45 Posts

I don't mean Playing as Raiden,

I meant that Kojima is going to surprise us like he did in Metal Gear 2

azzezino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 azzezino
Member since 2002 • 4570 Posts
^^ When has he ever not surprised us???
LuckyLy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 LuckyLy
Member since 2008 • 1987 Posts
Kojima won't dare pull that move again. Do you know how piss off the fans will be that they can't play as Solid Snake for the entire game? Considering it's Snake's final mission. I know I would be.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 avataraang1
Member since 2006 • 5436 Posts

I don't mean Playing as Raiden,

I meant that Kojima is going to surprise us like he did in Metal Gear 2

monclizabox
Never know.
tiger35010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 tiger35010
Member since 2004 • 859 Posts
those pics released a while back(1-2 weeks ago) had him in the jungle and such, highly unlikely
shaza91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 shaza91
Member since 2005 • 3696 Posts

I think it's pretty obvious that the young looking Snake is nothing but a mask type of thing similar to MGS3 and being able to play as Raiden in that game. Snake is using the same technology that Laughing Octopus uses to change her appearance.

You may win it as being an unlockable, but that's probably it.

sa10kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 sa10kun
Member since 2007 • 4290 Posts

I think it's pretty obvious that the young looking Snake is nothing but a mask type of thing similar to MGS3 and being able to play as Raiden in that game. Snake is using the same technology that Laughing Octopus uses to change her appearance.

shaza91

I can't remember but I think I saw a short clip that had the old snake putting on a young snake mask. But I can't really remember where I saw it. Maybe I just imagined it.

Syntih

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Syntih
Member since 2003 • 446 Posts
[QUOTE="shaza91"]

sa10kun

I can't remember but I think I saw a short clip that had the old snake putting on a young snake mask. But I can't really remember where I saw it. Maybe I just imagined it.

no you wernt imagining things, it was in a video clip, and it was part of the octocamo

sa10kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 sa10kun
Member since 2007 • 4290 Posts
[QUOTE="sa10kun"][QUOTE="shaza91"]

Syntih

no you wernt imagining things, it was in a video clip, and it was part of the octocamo

OH yeah, thanks for confirming that for me. I thought I was going crazy. =D

Avatar image for kenshinhimura16
kenshinhimura16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 kenshinhimura16
Member since 2005 • 7009 Posts

According to vids, the Octocamo can make Snakes face to look like in his better days. So my guess is, that you will be able to use the Octocamo to suit the game to your liking (Old Snake, or Young Snake). Not to mention that we are going to have Flashbacks which means, we actually GET to play with a younger self.

Also, reviews would have noted: Big Plot twist or similar stuff. Specially sites as Eurogamer who broke the arrangement with Konami to keep game details as secrets.

KrzyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 KrzyJoe
Member since 2004 • 503 Posts
I thought that since i first saw snake with a gun in his mouth, so i thought that he was gonna kill himself and then you would use another snake like the young one that appears in one of the trailers but i really don't know ,i really don't mind playing as old snake i think it looks kinda cool but we'll see what that crazy kojima is up to. can't wait.
Lionheart8472

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 Lionheart8472
Member since 2002 • 260 Posts

Raiden will not be playable in this game.

The entire story and plot can be read online as of today. I will not spoil any of it here.