P.T. (Silent Hill Demo) Deleted from Console. What Happened?

Dyldozzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 Dyldozzer
Member since 2014 • 29 Posts

I downloaded the P.T. game/demo around the time it came out. I know that they are no longer making the game due to some crap a Konami, And the demo is no longer available at the PS store. The thing is that I never deleted P.T. from my console, and the game is no longer there. Also if i did delete it, the game would still show in my library only would have a re-download icon in the bottom right corner. the game is nonexistat on my console, and it was never deleted. Im sure I'm not the only one who's had this issue. So my question is, why is it gone? and is there a way to get it back?

kaealy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 kaealy
Member since 2004 • 2179 Posts

They removed so you can't redownload the game if you delete it. It was pretty big news so I can't see how you missed it if you followed the circus around this game.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts

they removed the game from the store, they didn't delete it from your system if you already had it downloaded. I still have PT on my console, not sure what could of happened other than someone manually deleting it from your system.

@kaealy said:

They removed so you can't redownload the game if you delete it. It was pretty big news so I can't see how you missed it if you followed the circus around this game.

Dyldozzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Dyldozzer

@kaealy: I understand i can't redownload it. It was never undownloaded, get it? I never deleted the game. SO that means that it should still be on my console... but its not. And even if i did delete it, it should still show in my library... but it doesn't. So there is something weird and glitchy going on here. so my question is why? and if there is a possible way to fix it.

dragonfly110

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#5 dragonfly110
Member since 2008 • 27955 Posts

There was a known system bug around a year or two ago if I remember correctly that was deleting users' games. I believe the only real solution to it though was to re-install the game, so in this case unfortunately I'd have to say that you're just out of luck, assuming it was a bug and the game wasn't just accidentally deleted.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

@dyldozzer: Moving to Playstation forum. The Bug Reporting and Feedback forum is for reporting bugs and suggesting feedback with the Gamespot website. We are not technical support for all the games you own. That is the responsibility of each of the companies who sold you those games.

Thanks.

-Byshop

Dyldozzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Dyldozzer

@Byshop: Your welcome.