PSPGO the best???

This topic is locked from further discussion.

brightchild0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 brightchild0
Member since 2006 • 186 Posts

Well I've had all PSP from 1000 through to 3000. And I like the PSPGO for its size and shape. And no UMD's.........

Well what do you think.

loco145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 loco145
Member since 2006 • 12226 Posts
Size is the only thing it is having for it. Everything else is inferior.
miltpauris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#4 miltpauris
Member since 2007 • 45 Posts

Personally, I think that 3000 is the best, because GO just isn't fun to play. OK, it is smaller, but it is WAY TOO SMALL... I mean, with my big hands... not fun at all... And after all - if you want, you could turn your PSP-PSP3000 into an all-digital device if you want to... Or hack it :twisted:

scotthulluk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#5 scotthulluk
Member since 2008 • 186 Posts
Its not way too small I prefer it the Go its easier to carry around no UMDS and the analog stick feels so much nicer. It feels better quality too
loco145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 loco145

no UMDS scotthulluk
How is that a pro?

ScreamDream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ScreamDream
Member since 2006 • 3953 Posts

It sounds cool to have. I think I would keep my current PSP if I ever do get a PSP go though just to have both. I'll have to wait for a price drop first though.

B-SNiZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 B-SNiZ
Member since 2009 • 146 Posts

no UMD, therefore no renting of games, thats the only reason I got a 3000

mok27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mok27
Member since 2009 • 198 Posts

Get a PSP Go everythings good bout it(to me) and to people who got it

Spoiledgenius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#10 Spoiledgenius
Member since 2009 • 622 Posts

No, PSP 3000 is best. But PSP Go is smaller is size but there is no fun to play games by downloading as all big title releasing in UMD.

calebcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 calebcop
Member since 2009 • 889 Posts

Original, all the games you want, PSN will only have %80 of the games not to mention you can't go bargin shopping, (ebay, amazon)

hockey73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 hockey73
Member since 2005 • 8281 Posts

[QUOTE="scotthulluk"] no UMDS loco145

How is that a pro?

It's a drag to carry your library around. Grant it, you could download to your 3000.
thinner6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 thinner6
Member since 2006 • 762 Posts
Size is the only thing it is having for it. Everything else is inferior.loco145
Improved portability (size...as you said above) Design is aesthetically kick ass Internal memory No UMDs to drag around Quicker load times (no UMDs to read) Pause game function Bluetooth capability Analog and buttons are tighter, firmer Battery life slightly longer than 3000 Can charge with just the USB cable plugged into computer (nice if you don't want to drag the adapter around) How's that for inferior? [/sarcasm]
enigmasmurf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 enigmasmurf
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
i think the thousand series looked best. though i must say i do like not having umds. (haha, it kinda sounds like wmds) ;D
coolkid93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#15 coolkid93
Member since 2007 • 6749 Posts
Charlie Murphy- "Wrrrong!". Not the best psp in my opinion.
loco145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 loco145

No UMDs to drag around Quicker load times (no UMDs to read) thinner6
Again, why is that a pro? You can play UMD-less on any PSP...

On the other hand, you can't play UMDs on the Go...

thinner6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 thinner6

[QUOTE="thinner6"] No UMDs to drag around Quicker load times (no UMDs to read) loco145

Again, why is that a pro? You can play UMD-less on any PSP...

On the other hand, you can't play UMDs on the Go...

Why do you think? Because every time I go on vacation. I don't have to bring a dozen UMDs along. And what's the point of downloading games on older PSP models? They're just too large IMO. Anyway, why not try replying to the extensive list of PSP Go positives I provided above? I know why, because you know you can't deny any of them.
loco145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 loco145
And what's the point of downloading games on older PSP models?thinner6
Um, the same as downloading them to a PSP go...?Also, the battery is non replaceable, it requires proprietary new cables for everything while i can use a regular USB cable for my PSP. The buttons are cramped and makes them more uncomfortable (for me)? .The point is, all the PSPs can do everything that the PSP go can, while the Go can't read UMDs, use regular memory sticks and cables and is considerably more expensive.

thinner6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 thinner6

[QUOTE="thinner6"] And what's the point of downloading games on older PSP models?loco145
Um, the same as downloading them to a PSP go...?Also, the battery is non replaceable, it requires proprietary new cables for everything while i can use a regular USB cable for my PSP. The buttons are cramped and makes them more uncomfortable (for me)? .The point is, all the PSPs can do everything that the PSP go can, while the Go can't read UMDs, use regular memory sticks and cables and is considerably more expensive.

No, the difference is with the older PSP's you have such a huge system that it's pointless to download games to it. You still have to drag that huge thing around. A huge part of downloading games is to avoid carrying so much stuff around. The point of downloading them to the Go is to preserve the portability and convienence of taking the system anywhere and everywhere.

All PSP's can do what the PSP Go can? Really? Last time I checked, the PSP Go is the only version of PSP with a pause game function, with Bluetooth capability, with improved portability, with the fastest load times, the only one with internal memory. None of the previous PSP's have these benefits. You can't deny a single one of these.

I'm not denying the PSP Go has flaws to certain consumers. But your complaints are easily surmountable. The DS' battery isn't replacable, nobody complains about that. Why does it matter you can only use Sony's special USB with the Go? It comes with the system when you buy it. Yes, the PSP can't read UMDs, but I see this as a positive. It's because there's no UMD drive that the system is so small. Portability was a large reason I bought the thing.

loco145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 loco145

[QUOTE="loco145"][QUOTE="thinner6"] And what's the point of downloading games on older PSP models?thinner6

All PSP's can do what the PSP Go can? Really? Last time I checked, the PSP Go is the only version of PSP with a pause game function, with Bluetooth capability, with improved portability, with the fastest load times, the only one with internal memory. None of the previous PSP's have these benefits. You can't deny a single one of these. I'm not denying the PSP Go has flaws to certain consumers. But all your complaints are surmountable (i.e., who cares about the battery being non-replacable? The DS' battery isn't replacable). My list is insurmountable because it is based on objective fact. I win. You lose. Goodbye.

"I win"... Lol, really mature, aren't ya? :roll: I have 2 batteries for my PSP, one dies i swap for the other and continue playing. No internal memory? Buy a Memory stick for your old PSP and you are done with it, up to 32GB!. Bluetooth?... Does people miss the IR port from the PSP-1000? Improved load times? comparing a game loading from an UMD to flash memory? Good luck that all PSPs can load the same games the PSP Go can from a memory stick, all the same. On the other hand, there are hundreds of games that the Go can't play because it doesn't have UMD.

DeathTemplar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DeathTemplar
Member since 2005 • 172 Posts

you guys are just repeating the same argument over and over again. Personally i like the Go better cause of the reasons listed before, as for the internal battery. well lets see, ipod(all of them) DS's and tons of other things have them, so it is really not an issue, just accept it like you have with the rest. there being no UMD drive is not that bad. the UMD's can still get scratched as i found out. I personally am happy there is no UMD drive. but no one is ever gonna completely agree one way or another here, as we all seem to like to argue to obscurity.

lewisg1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 lewisg1212
Member since 2005 • 1698 Posts
haha i was gunna say the same thing....just reiterating the same point in a different way. if you have existing UMD's i would stick to a psp thousand, new users i recommend getting a go....money isnt a massive issue for me so i dont mind spending the same amount on DL. whatever spin you put on it UMD's are truly atrocious, slow, LOUD and very breakable. the old psps are actually massive and you cant fit them in your pocket. anyway...enough!
brightchild0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 brightchild0

The BIG difference is the PSPGO is PORTABLE (in the real sense)!!!!

brightchild0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 brightchild0

Can anyone confirm if the PSPGO is A2DP bluetooth compatible???????

angryfodder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25 angryfodder
Member since 2007 • 20490 Posts
I think sony are currently go through a real logic fail at the moment. Everything from the PSPgo to the PS3 just makes no sense in the market. They keep dropping functionality and for what reason? Even there biggest games are going backwards! Look at the new GT on the PSP - The PS1 version of this game was mile ahead of a 2009 release of the same name? WTF?
FILIPINOMAZTER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 FILIPINOMAZTER
Member since 2008 • 1627 Posts
i expected the games to become a lot cheaper since its full dd but who cares when the crap is selling like crap
Avatar image for shinemeku_basic
shinemeku_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 shinemeku_basic
Member since 2002 • 1302 Posts

The only thing that stops me from getting a GO, is the fact that despite being digital copies; the prices on the games are quite ridiculous, and inflamed.

example: secret agent clank $39.99, I purchased a brand new umd copy for only $15 , plus other very old games which are definitely over priced.

lewisg1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 lewisg1212
Member since 2005 • 1698 Posts
[QUOTE="angryfodder"]I think sony are currently go through a real logic fail at the moment. Everything from the PSPgo to the PS3 just makes no sense in the market. They keep dropping functionality and for what reason? Even there biggest games are going backwards! Look at the new GT on the PSP - The PS1 version of this game was mile ahead of a 2009 release of the same name? WTF?

what part of the ps3 makes no sense in the market? :S
angryfodder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#30 angryfodder
Member since 2007 • 20490 Posts

[QUOTE="angryfodder"]I think sony are currently go through a real logic fail at the moment. Everything from the PSPgo to the PS3 just makes no sense in the market. They keep dropping functionality and for what reason? Even there biggest games are going backwards! Look at the new GT on the PSP - The PS1 version of this game was mile ahead of a 2009 release of the same name? WTF?lewisg1212
what part of the ps3 makes no sense in the market? :S

Its pricing policy and the removal of the backward compatability

damann22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 damann22
Member since 2004 • 7655 Posts

Personally, I think that 3000 is the best, because GO just isn't fun to play. OK, it is smaller, but it is WAY TOO SMALL... I mean, with my big hands... not fun at all... And after all - if you want, you could turn your PSP-PSP3000 into an all-digital device if you want to... Or hack it :twisted:

miltpauris

have you held a go yet? its not uncomfortable as you may think. I find it much easier to hold then my old 1000 and ive played my friends 3000 before and thought that the go is still better.

Is the go the best? well it depends on your preference cuz its like compairing machintosh apples to granny smiths

treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 treedoor
Member since 2004 • 7648 Posts
Size is the only thing it is having for it. Everything else is inferior.loco145
This. I can't support it because PSN isn't like Steam. I never come across amazing deals, or bundles of games, or anything while browsing the PS Store. I support downloadable games on my PC, but not here. They should have just saved this whole design for the next PSP, not a new iteration of the same thing we've had for 4.5 years.