PSP2 or better UMDs

This topic is locked from further discussion.

alex24r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 alex24r
Member since 2006 • 226 Posts
Does anyone thinks Sony will offer a PSP2 by the 2008-2009?
I know that may never happen, but at least make UMDs with higher capacity for the PSP.
tantalus4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 tantalus4
Member since 2004 • 452 Posts
i heard that the nex gen psp will have a blueray umd, so it'll be able to have the full features of most games...
stubby_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 stubby_01
Member since 2005 • 2731 Posts
IMO the PSP is just fine
111v

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 111v
Member since 2005 • 1007 Posts
i heard that the nex gen psp will have a blueray umd, so it'll be able to have the full features of most games...tantalus4
lol where did you hear that?
The_Knight2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 The_Knight2000
Member since 2003 • 990 Posts

well i dont want them to make a psp2 since i just got mine 3 weeks ago. anyways, i'd like to have a 2nd analog stick.

SoulKillah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 SoulKillah
Member since 2007 • 2171 Posts
I hope not...the PsP just came 2 years ago,it's to young to have a successor!
Truth01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7 Truth01
Member since 2005 • 2732 Posts
From what I've heard look for some kind of psp announcement this year, whether it be re-designe or psp2. Apparently the psp2 will be all downloadable games, but will feature a UMD slot for backward compatibility.
psp100thNOOB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 psp100thNOOB
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

I think it's better to release better UMD rather than PSP2s because it's no use at all.  What add-ons can you think that might enhance a PSP???  A camera??:D

Vrishnok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 Vrishnok
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
Between my PSP and my Cell, Its all i really carry on me electronically. They should just go with UMD's over a PSP2.
alex24r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 alex24r
Member since 2006 • 226 Posts
Well, if they make a PSP2 with blueray then it won't be blueray UMD, and it will be about $600 or more and then they'll have to put hard drive in it, and backwards compatibility. The games  will be real expensive because they will have to make small blueray disc, and few will buy it, until the price drops more will get it. That's what I think might happen.
kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115429 Posts
image the price of a psp2 with blueray
Avatar image for ExtremeMagnion2
ExtremeMagnion2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#12 ExtremeMagnion2
Member since 2005 • 708 Posts
They Dont need to make a PSP2 or 3 or etc. i mean they have the upgrading thingy, use this to read the new Blu Ray UMDs and update the hardware to be more Hi Tech, think about it
nevereathim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 nevereathim
Member since 2006 • 2161 Posts
They Dont need to make a PSP2 or 3 or etc. i mean they have the upgrading thingy, use this to read the new Blu Ray UMDs and update the hardware to be more Hi Tech, think about itExtremeMagnion2
Ya, all they need, is that you send ur psp in, they do a tiny upgrade, and you can use blu ray discs ( i think)
tiffie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 tiffie
Member since 2007 • 858 Posts
[QUOTE="ExtremeMagnion2"]They Dont need to make a PSP2 or 3 or etc. i mean they have the upgrading thingy, use this to read the new Blu Ray UMDs and update the hardware to be more Hi Tech, think about itnevereathim

Ya, all they need, is that you send ur psp in, they do a tiny upgrade, and you can use blu ray discs ( i think)

um... LOL... Blu-Ray disk readers are more than a "tiny upgrade"
curp11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 curp11
Member since 2005 • 405 Posts

They Dont need to make a PSP2 or 3 or etc. i mean they have the upgrading thingy, use this to read the new Blu Ray UMDs and update the hardware to be more Hi Tech, think about itExtremeMagnion2

Are u saying that the psp can read bluray by upgrading the firmware??

This ain't gonna happen in the whole world... NEVER

It is the type of lens that must be changed....the hardware man and not the software

sparkyroadkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 sparkyroadkill
Member since 2005 • 137 Posts
There is no need to update the psp to psp2...i mean sure they could just rediesign it, but if they actually got off there asses and made proper enhancements on there filmwere then there would be no need to do this. Sony are lazy as hell, they need to start working on there product and then they wont have to worry about Homebrews and whatever!
Avatar image for deactivated-61f554adcef90
deactivated-61f554adcef90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#17 deactivated-61f554adcef90
Member since 2005 • 8056 Posts
I would like to see a PSP2 around 08-09 , because I know that untill than the PSP will have a greate catalogue of games , and the next one will have batter graphics and will play all of this games :D
DeliriumGlo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DeliriumGlo
Member since 2006 • 938 Posts
I would doubt it. If anything Handheld’s have a longer life than most consoles. This is mostly due to the minor task of minimizing the current hardware. I say this because I don’t think Sony would live down releasing PSP1.5. I wouldn’t rule out a redesign of the PSP. Personally I’m hoping for one that focuses more on gaming. But Sony isn’t about to launch two systems on a format with a uncertain future. And they certainly arn’t about to undercut themselves right once their library is starting to pick up steam. I would say 2010 or 11 is more likely. I would say right now they are working on getting Studios to realize it is a plausible market. I think titles like Manhunt 2, Crisis Core, and the inevitable Devil May Cry Title is evidence that Sony is starting to make it’s case.
yawnoc1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 yawnoc1
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
ive heard that there is gooin to be a box in all GAME shops where for £10 you can have you psp sprayed with either a new colour or a new desighn completely like camouflage or sonic or WWE and things like tha.
telorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 telorn
Member since 2002 • 2203 Posts
A PSP with BluRay wouldn't happen until at least 2012. BluRay as a technology isn't even strong and sound in its current state. They aren't going to go and try to make a smaller disc with a smaller laser that can fit in the PSP until the current generation BluRay can prove itself. If the PSP gets anything in the next year, it'll be a revision to the current generation PSP. On-board memory, better battery life, etc...
Guggz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Guggz
Member since 2005 • 255 Posts
If Sony could get their fingers out of their butts and make a better battery, so that it could handle the original clock-speed 333, we wouldn't need a PSP2.
V2FLUXER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 V2FLUXER
Member since 2005 • 547 Posts
Im hoping for a redesign that includes teh following....... A slightly thinner psp instead of a "pop out" UMD drive one like the ps3 where it slides in built in camera 5gb of sapce built in. 2nd analog stick it would be off by default in all games so people with older versions of psps could use the game but you could turn it on with teh newer games
telorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 telorn
Member since 2002 • 2203 Posts
I'd be willing to spend another $200 for a value pack PSP even if it only came with a second analog stick...providing enough developers actually made use of the extra stick. I wouldn't buy another one just for a built-in HD, slimmer design, and/or better battery life. My current PSP usage doesn't require it.
kaim_i

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24 kaim_i
Member since 2005 • 959 Posts
hope sony make a hardware so i can use my ps2 controll to play some game like , brother in arm which has horrible controll sceme. or some fightin' game.