PSP2 for E3 2010?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The_Cygan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 The_Cygan
Member since 2010 • 37 Posts

here is a new rumor

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/38925/PSP-2-the-big-E3-surprise

JohnnyWPSP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#2 JohnnyWPSP
Member since 2009 • 1895 Posts

Nah, dont think itll happen.

digimonkey12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 digimonkey12
Member since 2009 • 1851 Posts

Well there are 3 scenarios, 2 of them to be very likely and the 3rd as the surprise.

1) PSP 4000, said to have been seen at the Tokyo Game show last year and I believe it is very likely to be presented at the E3 !

2) PSP Phone ( version ? ) It has been hinted that Sony is working on one and maybewe will see it at E3 ?

3) The surprise ! PSP2

ThePerro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#4 ThePerro
Member since 2006 • 3105 Posts

I think this is as good a time as any to announce the PSP2, though I believe the PSP is still selling relatively well, I mean in Japan it's still top tier.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10503 Posts

I certainly hope a PSP 2 will be announced. As much as I love the PSP, I think they need to release a brand new handheld. I wouldn't mind a powerful handheld console with 2 analogue sticks, a mini blu ray disc drive, and high ps2 graphics... maybe even the ability to have ps2 games downloaded onto it... Ok, that is very very unlikely to happen I admit; but a mini blu ray disc drive was designed a year or so ago, yet it hasn't been given a use yet; why not use it for a psp 2?

Ok, I admit that would be a very expensive handheld; but, hell, I would pay £260 for the handheld I described above :)

Sigil77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Sigil77
Member since 2009 • 300 Posts

With all the good games announced and releasing AFTER E3 I doubt a PSP2 is coming. And if Sony's historial of PSP models tells me anything, they have not done any major update to the PSP franchise. Most of the new PSPs (3000 and GO!) have been released with the sole purpose of stopping hacking. IMO, the 3000 did not have anything that made me want to upgrade from my good old PSP 2000 to a PSP 3000. I dont need a mic, and I never use a PSP outside my house (I live in Mexico. Going out with a PSP equals carrying a "PLEASE ROB ME!!! IM RICH!!!" message written on your shirt)

The PSP GO just offered downloadable games at the expense of a slightly smaller screen and no UMDs.

I think Sony will just release another PSP just to stop the outrageous hacking on the platform. If Sony announces something like PSP 2 and with that I mean a MAJOR UPDATE of the platform, I will be truly surprised.

Gam3Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 Gam3Guy
Member since 2004 • 161 Posts

I think if it's going to be announced this year it will be at TGS if at all. There are new PSP bundles being still being sold in June!

QuistisTrepe_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 QuistisTrepe_
Member since 2010 • 4121 Posts

A PSP that can run PS2 games would be quite a breakthrough IMO. As long as Sony gets with the times and installs Wireless-N cards.

QuistisTrepe_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 QuistisTrepe_
Member since 2010 • 4121 Posts

I think Sony will just release another PSP just to stop the outrageous hacking on the platform.

Sigil77

Which will be compromised within six months. The 3000 was supposed to be the hacker's graveyard.

carbonic_acid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#10 carbonic_acid
Member since 2008 • 157 Posts

hackers are lame

(and yes, i said that just for the sake of saying that)