PSP remote access to a PS3?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

llamanu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1 llamanu
Member since 2007 • 37 Posts
I own a PSP but not a PS3. My psp has the option of Remote Acess to a PS3, what can you do with that?
Ice-Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 Ice-Cube
Member since 2003 • 2435 Posts

I own a PSP but not a PS3. My psp has the option of Remote Acess to a PS3, what can you do with that?llamanu

You can view what's on the PS3, Videos, Pictures, Music and you can use it's Internet Browser (which 
I find a lot better than the PSP's Browser). You can watch YouTube videos or other sites Videos via Remote 
Access with the PS3's Web Browser.

Alot of people don't find it useful but I tend to use it a lot. 

llamanu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 llamanu
Member since 2007 • 37 Posts

Wow that seems very usefull! That makes me lean toawrd buying a PS3 over an xbox360. Thanks

btc138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 btc138
Member since 2006 • 227 Posts

quick question how do u connect it for the remote access do u have to buy a cable or is it wireless or..?

justin01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 justin01
Member since 2004 • 857 Posts

quick question how do u connect it for the remote access do u have to buy a cable or is it wireless or..?

btc138

Wireless

First I think you have to register your PSP with your PS3 or something like that

btc138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 btc138
Member since 2006 • 227 Posts
aite thanks alot man
spliffchillum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 spliffchillum
Member since 2006 • 738 Posts

Since when can you play DVD movies? You cant access the drive while remote play is functioning.. Video only streams if it's already on the Ps3's HDD.. the Wifi capabilities of the PSP would choke if you attempted to stream 4.7+ gigs of video from a dvd via 11mbps wifi..

Ice-Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 Ice-Cube
Member since 2003 • 2435 Posts

Since when can you play DVD movies? You cant access the drive while remote play is functioning.. Video only streams if it's already on the Ps3's HDD.. the Wifi capabilities of the PSP would choke if you attempted to stream 4.7+ gigs of video from a dvd via 11mbps wifi..

spliffchillum

Actually he's right, I thought you could and I thought I remember reading it but I was wrong. Just 
tested it out. 

spliffchillum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 spliffchillum
Member since 2006 • 738 Posts

Phew.. I thought I had a setting wrong because I tried it many times.. that would be so awesome if you could stream DVD's to your PSP.. but I fear it wont be possible.. unless they can some how make the Ps3 crop the dvd resolution down so much that it's streamable on the PSP..