PSP Recommendation Thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

blazblue152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#501 blazblue152
Member since 2010 • 880 Posts

Hi, Thx for the reccomendations, i know the games but most arent my type of game. As said im looking for an arcade racer that can add ai bots on ad-hoc. So u wont race 1 on 1 every time. Btw didnt know locoroco 2 had ad hoc function.kemphaan

if your looking for a decent arcade racer on psp then i might advise you with NFS: shift, that's the only thing that comes to mind.

tekken220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#502 tekken220
Member since 2008 • 5105 Posts
I'm done with BlazBlue Portable, now that CS will be out very soon for the PS3. I have $10 left for PSN, any good game I could get with that price?
blazblue152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#503 blazblue152
Member since 2010 • 880 Posts

I'm done with BlazBlue Portable, now that CS will be out very soon for the PS3. I have $10 left for PSN, any good game I could get with that price?tekken220

i'm done with blazblue a long time ago, a shame it's been ages since i touched it, i practically forgot every thing about carl :(

also i enjoyed the warriors a lot, i remember it being $10 or so.

Avatar image for RockinTheCasbah
RockinTheCasbah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#504 RockinTheCasbah
Member since 2009 • 441 Posts

[QUOTE="kemphaan"]Quoting myself to the next page, its quite urgent cause i go on holiday next week. [QUOTE="kemphaan"]Im looking for one or more PSP games that are fun to play ad-hoc against just one friend. We have GTA and thats quite ok but bores after a while. We are especially looking for a arcade racing game like Motorstorm or Burnout (Modnation racers looks great but we just want a cheaper game :)) but it has to be fun with just 2 players, so if ai bots can be added it would be great. Any other reccomendations for 2 player ad hoc fun would be nice too :D.kemphaan

This is a tough one. When I read the first bit, I immediately thought Modnation Racers, but apparently you want a cheaper game. Personally, I enjoyed Wipeout Pure, and it was only $12.00 at Futureshop when I purchased it. It is Ad-Hoc compatible. If you like sports games, try Madden 09 or NBA 09: The Inside. Both are Ad-Hoc compatible, and are just as good, if not better (Madden 09), than the 2010 versions. Now a year "outdated", they most likely cost much less than the 2010 versions, as well. If you are up for the challenge, Monster Hunter Freedom Unite was a good, Ad-Hoc compatible game, too. It is a bit more expensive, $30.00, if memory serves, but was a great challenge for me, and if you find it too difficult, you can play with a friend using Ad-Hoc, and two players can easily beat most of the monsters in the game, if they are each reasonably good.

Avatar image for RurouniSaiyajin
RurouniSaiyajin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#505 RurouniSaiyajin
Member since 2007 • 4951 Posts

I'm done with BlazBlue Portable, now that CS will be out very soon for the PS3. I have $10 left for PSN, any good game I could get with that price?tekken220

Back in June, Sony added a "favorites" series of PSP games that would retail for $10. So far, these are included in their list

• Ape Escape: On the Loose
  • Buzz! Master Quiz
  • Hot Shots Golf Open Tee
  • LocoRoco 2
  • Patapon 2
  • PixelJunk Monster Deluxe
  • SOCOM: Fireteam Bravo
  • Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow
  • Twisted Metal: Head On
  • Manhunt 2
  • Justice League Heroes
  • Silent Hill Origins
  • Sims 2
  • Pinball Hall of Fame
  • The Warriors

Patapon 2, Locoroco 2, Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow and Socom: Fireteam Bravo are all good games from what I heard. Haven't heard much about the rest.

Avatar image for Fenian_lostsoul
Fenian_lostsoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#506 Fenian_lostsoul
Member since 2005 • 5500 Posts
I think they should put digital releases from the PS Store available for the PSP like PSone games and Minis.
GAMERKID707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#507 GAMERKID707
Member since 2009 • 461 Posts

im thinking bout getting the psp 3000 wat are some fun online games to play and offline,and is the psp worth it? i heard the controlls are bad,but if i can get used to it itll be good,so should i get it? can i use the mic built in to the 3000 to talk online? or do i have to buy a mic? thanks

Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 139

#508 Granpire
Member since 2008 • 2749 Posts

im thinking bout getting the psp 3000 wat are some fun online games to play and offline,and is the psp worth it? i heard the controlls are bad,but if i can get used to it itll be good,so should i get it? can i use the mic built in to the 3000 to talk online? or do i have to buy a mic? thanks

GAMERKID707
Yes, the 3000's mic is fine for most, if not all applications of voice communication/recording. My top PSP games: Peace Walker: Nuff' said Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII: Best story ever Persona 3 Portable: Awesome characters, keeps you busy for hours Midnight Club: LA Remix: Great music, good, funny voice acting, tight controls, and an awesome presentation. None of these have online, but I've had some fun with Pixeljunk Monsters Deluxe, Warhammer 40,000: Squad Command, and Medal of Honor Heroes, if you can get past the cheaters.
koolyoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#509 koolyoe
Member since 2005 • 175 Posts

HI all, I have a PSP Go. I am looking for some fun online multiplayer / Co-Op games.

I am still waiting for my 3 free games from sony which are Little BiG Planet, Socom FTB 3, and ratchet and clank.

Also what are some good RPGS.

Also are there any games that feel like Zelda, or Pokemon and that play like them?

Thanks I am kinda new to the Psp Go. I like it so far but seems to not have all the games that are out, which is fine as long as they have Crisis Core out soon, I am a big FF fan, I also hope they bring Kingdom hearts to PSN!

Thanks for replies : )

mralspsp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#510 mralspsp
Member since 2006 • 149 Posts

I like it so far but seems to not have all the games that are out, which is fine as long as they have Crisis Core out soon, I am a big FF fan, I also hope they bring Kingdom hearts to PSN!

koolyoe

As far as I know, there will be no Kindom Hearts in digital form. You will have to ask Disney on that one.

People have been wanting Crisis Core on the PSN ever since the Go was launched. Nine months later, still no release. :(

tekken220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#511 tekken220

[QUOTE="koolyoe"]

I like it so far but seems to not have all the games that are out, which is fine as long as they have Crisis Core out soon, I am a big FF fan, I also hope they bring Kingdom hearts to PSN!

mralspsp

As far as I know, there will be no Kindom Hearts in digital form. You will have to ask Disney on that one.

People have been wanting Crisis Core on the PSN ever since the Go was launched. Nine months later, still no release. :(

There's no KH:BBS on Japanese PSN because of copyright issues with Disney Japan, so maybe it will appear on US PSN.
mafia97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#512 mafia97
Member since 2009 • 372 Posts

any game like age of empires or warcraft 3 in which there is building army and culture and food like stuff

Xx-Addict-xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#513 Xx-Addict-xX
Member since 2009 • 1119 Posts
How does Fifa 10 play on the psp? Good or bad?
Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#514 Granpire
How does Fifa 10 play on the psp? Good or bad?Xx-Addict-xX
I've only played 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa, and from what I've heard it plays a good game of virtual soccer even compared to the console versions, and is quite feature-rich for a portable game. Feels very true to the World Cup and has a good licensed soundtrack.
rubedisky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#515 rubedisky
Member since 2009 • 1024 Posts
How does Fifa 10 play on the psp? Good or bad?Xx-Addict-xX
Fifa 10? Wait for fifa 11. I
rubedisky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#516 rubedisky

I am a beginner in the Command and conquer console versions. I have played the pc versions like 6 years ago. Is it worth to buy them all in chronological order? I have heard that the Command and conquer red alert, retaliation is very hard for beginners like me.

has Command and conquer 1 a good story? Is the gameplay on psp good (controlwise)?

already thx for all answers.

Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#517 Granpire

I am a beginner in the Command and conquer console versions. I have played the pc versions like 6 years ago. Is it worth to buy them all in chronological order? I have heard that the Command and conquer red alert, retaliation is very hard for beginners like me.

has Command and conquer 1 a good story? Is the gameplay on psp good (controlwise)?

rubedisky

I think the Command & Conquer series in general is not very difficult, especially if you have previous experience in RTS games. Everything is explained to you slowly through each mission. I think giving GameSpot's review on Red Alert on the PS1 would be a good idea, as for the controls, you can never be too sure. Try watching some YouTube videos?

rubedisky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#518 rubedisky

[QUOTE="rubedisky"]

Granpire

I think the Command & Conquer series in general is not very difficult, especially if you have previous experience in RTS games. Everything is explained to you slowly through each mission. I think giving GameSpot's review on Red Alert on the PS1 would be a good idea, as for the controls, you can never be too sure. Try watching some YouTube videos?

I think the reviewer just suck in this game. I have heard that the AI doesn't know how to build ships in water. GS was really complaining about that you can save while in game. That you'll lose if you are already bussy for like 1 hour in that map. So you need to try again.

rubedisky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#519 rubedisky

[QUOTE="tekken220"]I'm done with BlazBlue Portable, now that CS will be out very soon for the PS3. I have $10 left for PSN, any good game I could get with that price?RurouniSaiyajin

Back in June, Sony added a "favorites" series of PSP games that would retail for $10. So far, these are included in their list

• Ape Escape: On the Loose
  • Buzz! Master Quiz
  • Hot Shots Golf Open Tee
  • LocoRoco 2
  • Patapon 2
  • PixelJunk Monster Deluxe
  • SOCOM: Fireteam Bravo
  • Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow
  • Twisted Metal: Head On
  • Manhunt 2
  • Justice League Heroes
  • Silent Hill Origins
  • Sims 2
  • Pinball Hall of Fame
  • The Warriors

Patapon 2, Locoroco 2, Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow and Socom: Fireteam Bravo are all good games from what I heard. Haven't heard much about the rest.

Europe has psp essentials instead^^.
rubedisky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#520 rubedisky

So C&C Red Alert Or Red Alert Retaliation. Retaliation get's lower score everywhere, A lot people didn't even play the campain on Retaliation. They just bought it for the multiplayer. But the psp hasn't that system link feature. without that it's still good or not?

Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#521 Granpire

So C&C Red Alert Or Red Alert Retaliation. Retaliation get's lower score everywhere, A lot people didn't even play the campain on Retaliation. They just bought it for the multiplayer. But the psp hasn't that system link feature. without that it's still good or not?

rubedisky
I think the choice is fairly easy, which you seemed to have figured out on your own. Better ratings, and I would assume the system is easier to understand, since the review for Retaliation states it assumes you have previous knowledge of Red Alert. Not to mention that the first Red Alert is a true classic RTS, while even the PC version of Retaliation got only a 5/10 from Gamespot.
spudofwar13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#523 spudofwar13
Member since 2009 • 53 Posts

Hey guys, I pretty much feel like getting a new game for my PSP, but I really have no idea what to buy.

Basically, I was hoping I can get some answers here - is ModNation Racers worth it if I don't own a PS3? I also don't really like racing games, but this one seems like a non-realistic kart racer. I also liked LittleBigPlanet on the PSP.

Next, is Crisis Core worth it if I never played a FF game before? Is Monster Hunter: Freedom Unite worth it if I have no friends to play with AND if I haven't played a MH game before?

And last, can someone give me a list of good PSP games which people still play online?

Thanks in advance!

rubedisky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#524 rubedisky

Hey guys, I pretty much feel like getting a new game for my PSP, but I really have no idea what to buy.

Basically, I was hoping I can get some answers here - is ModNation Racers worth it if I don't own a PS3? I also don't really like racing games, but this one seems like a non-realistic kart racer. I also liked LittleBigPlanet on the PSP.

Next, is Crisis Core worth it if I never played a FF game before? Is Monster Hunter: Freedom Unite worth it if I have no friends to play with AND if I haven't played a MH game before?

And last, can someone give me a list of good PSP games which people still play online?

Thanks in advance!

spudofwar13
well modnation racers has not a really good drifting mechanism but it's a good game. I don't own it but you'll like it if you like LBP. If you have interests in final fantasy then yes, get crisis core. Monster hunter freedom unite is a great game, even to play alone the games which I know they still have online gameplay: Socom fire team bravo 3 socom fire team bravo 2 syphon filter logan's shadow (not sure) modnation racers Resistance Retribution and some other that I currenty can't memorize.
GrandTheftDog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#525 GrandTheftDog
Member since 2010 • 679 Posts
patapon 2 or 3
tekken220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#526 tekken220
patapon 2 or 3GrandTheftDog
3 isn't even out yet.
kipohippo021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#527 kipohippo021
Member since 2010 • 3895 Posts

[QUOTE="GrandTheftDog"]patapon 2 or 3tekken220
3 isn't even out yet.

hey guys, im looking for a good turn based strategy game for my psp. If anyone knows of a good one then either post here or pm me, but i would prefer you pm me. Thanks in advance.

sergemyster8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#528 sergemyster8
Member since 2006 • 1749 Posts

So I got a psp last week. Got a $50 psn card. Bought Motorstorm. Have $30 left. I'm thinking about Secret Agent Clank, Jak And Daxter, or GoW: Chains of Olympus.

rubedisky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#529 rubedisky

I can't choose! Final fantasy 7, 8 or 9?

Daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#530 Daavpuke
Member since 2009 • 13771 Posts

rubedisky
VII by far.
rubedisky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#531 rubedisky
[QUOTE="rubedisky"]

Daavpuke
VII by far.

how long did you spent on crisis core?
Daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#532 Daavpuke
About 40 hours in total with all side missions and exploring. It's a must have for sure, but it's completely different than VII. Also, in contrast: I've spent over a thousand hours in total on VII :D.
kipohippo021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#533 kipohippo021

Im wondering if there are any good games for the psp that are either

1-turn based rpgs that are good or just regular rpg's but not a jrpg.

2-games that me and my bro could play together on dif psps without internet

3-just plain awesome games

I havent even touched the psp's massive library. only have patapon. seriously. But i have tried the demos for modnation racers, and little big planet and they are awesome.

rubedisky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#534 rubedisky
[QUOTE="Daavpuke"]About 40 hours in total with all side missions and exploring. It's a must have for sure, but it's completely different than VII. Also, in contrast: I've spent over a thousand hours in total on VII :D.

you mean on the ps1 version on your psp?
Daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#535 Daavpuke
[QUOTE="rubedisky"][QUOTE="Daavpuke"]About 40 hours in total with all side missions and exploring. It's a must have for sure, but it's completely different than VII. Also, in contrast: I've spent over a thousand hours in total on VII :D.

you mean on the ps1 version on your psp?

On the PS1 naturally, I don't download. But they're the same game.
kipohippo021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#536 kipohippo021

SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME.

I havent even touched the psp's massive library. only have patapon. seriously. But i have tried the demos for modnation racers, and little big planet and they are awesome.

rubedisky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#537 rubedisky

SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME.

kipohippo021
monster hunter freedom unite!
kipohippo021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#538 kipohippo021

[QUOTE="kipohippo021"]

SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME.

rubedisky

I dont really like the monster hunter games, but thanks for replying. Any other suggestions?

blacknight06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#539 blacknight06
Member since 2006 • 1422 Posts

SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME.

kipohippo021
You should check out Flatout They have the demo for it on PSN too
SkyMelody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#540 SkyMelody
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
Does anybody know any good psp games with lots of social interaction between characters or talking npcs? With good storyline please.
PSNLakers416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#541 PSNLakers416
Member since 2010 • 275 Posts

Hey guys, thinking of buying a few psp games:

Twisted metal head on(never played a twisted metal game in my life, but the game looks fun. Is there multiplayer online? Do people actually play online?)

Ape Ecape: on the loose(played the ape escape game for ps1 a LONG TIME AGO and liked it)

Monster hunter freedom unite(heard really good things about this as well)

rubedisky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#542 rubedisky

[QUOTE="rubedisky"][QUOTE="kipohippo021"]

SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME.

kipohippo021

I dont really like the monster hunter games, but thanks for replying. Any other suggestions?

jeanne d'arc (no ad hoc but not sure) dungeon siege throne of agony (has ad hoc ;)) do you have interests in final fantasy? then get final fantasy tactics.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#543 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
Member since 2008 • 26108 Posts

rubedisky
IX.
XXI_World

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#544 XXI_World
Member since 2008 • 2050 Posts

kipohippo021

1. I can't think of any non-JRPG that is turn based, so... I'm gonna list JRPGs: Persona 3 Portable or Final Fantasy IX.

2. Dissidia Final Fantasy or Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker or Patapon 2 or Gran Turismo.

3. Dissidia Final Fantasy.

odytrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#545 odytrice
Member since 2004 • 26 Posts

What do you guys think about Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker? Im a strong Metal Gear Fan. I have played all the metal gear solids except MGS4 and I love all of them including the Metal Gear Acids. But for some inexplicable reason, I "don't like" Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops. I not like I dislike the game, I don't just feel the game. I have struggled to play the game to at least have a 100% record but The game easily becomes a chore. Maybe its the recruiting thing which sounds cool when told.

I want to know if Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker maintains the MGS feel that we love so much.

Daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#546 Daavpuke
Yeah, MGS: PW is much of the same, so you're safe.
rubedisky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#547 rubedisky

What do you guys think about Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker? Im a strong Metal Gear Fan. I have played all the metal gear solids except MGS4 and I love all of them including the Metal Gear Acids. But for some inexplicable reason, I "don't like" Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops. I not like I dislike the game, I don't just feel the game. I have struggled to play the game to at least have a 100% record but The game easily becomes a chore. Maybe its the recruiting thing which sounds cool when told.

I want to know if Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker maintains the MGS feel that we love so much.

odytrice
MGS PW is a lot better than PO. I have beaten the game in two weeks (MGS PW). It's so addicting! I have spent about 60 hours on it.
Xx-Addict-xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#548 Xx-Addict-xX

What is the best pure turn-based rpg for the psp? One that is coming out in the NEAR months will work to. thanks :)

Xx-Addict-xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#549 Xx-Addict-xX

How does the Guilty Gear series play? It kinda looks like Marvel v Capcom...atleast the general gameplay. Is it a fun fighting game?

blacknight06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#550 blacknight06
Member since 2006 • 1422 Posts

How does the Guilty Gear series play? It kinda looks like Marvel v Capcom...atleast the general gameplay. Is it a fun fighting game?

Xx-Addict-xX
Yea it's fun but it's very difficult to get good at