PSP Lock-Up - Home Button Not Working

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ba777-236

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ba777-236
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Hi all,

Am new to the PSP-world here having purchased PSP slim about a month ago. I ran into an odd problem today where the system is acting funny. I cannot use the 'Start' or 'Home' buttons at all. So this means I can't exit a game without taking out the UMD (AND the battery) and I cannot pause any game. So this makes my system pretty useless!

By not working, the Start button doesn't respond at all. And the pressing the Home button results in a blank screen (the system is still on though). Only way to get out of the blank screen is to off and on the system back again.

I ran the update for the newest firmware about 4 days ago or so, and all was running fine until now.

Any help would be appreciated!

fynne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 fynne
Member since 2002 • 8078 Posts
I'd try going to the System menu and doing a Reset to Default. If this doesn't work then all I can suggest is that if it's only a month old then you should send it into the shop.
awptimistic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 awptimistic
Member since 2007 • 483 Posts
agreed
DopeyDavoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DopeyDavoid
Member since 2004 • 5375 Posts
Wait for next update, it will be fixed when the firmware gets reflashed.
CyRu5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 CyRu5
Member since 2005 • 1092 Posts
I would take it back to the store for an exchange. It kind of sounds like a hardware problem with the buttons, not the firmware being improperly flashed.
ba777-236

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ba777-236

I'd try going to the System menu and doing a Reset to Default. If this doesn't work then all I can suggest is that if it's only a month old then you should send it into the shop.fynne

After reading this, I've tried but to no avail. It can't be anything corrupted with the memory card either as I've tried it without the Sony Stick.

I'm really stumped, but I guess I'll have to take this back to the store.

Avatar image for WSGRandomPerson
WSGRandomPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#7 WSGRandomPerson
Member since 2007 • 13697 Posts
Does all the other buttons work, because i had a problem with all my buttons not working then i relized i had the " Hold " switch on..it if doesn't fix, i'd sent it in.
kodai70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 kodai70

I have the same problem and my hold switch is not on, matter of fact when i go to hold and then release hold, it will act as if i pressed the x button, cant find any help on sony support

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#9 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts
2 of mine did this one was a launchpsp one was a slim white starwars launch psp for the 2000 series i just replaced tha AS OF aug 3 08 now iread about new 300 series ill be eting it 2 months apart frommy slim
WOODS-RS4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 WOODS-RS4
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
i have had my psp slim for 2 years , but recently the home button stopped. 4 me , the sound and screen brightness buttons work