This topic is locked from further discussion.

theweakbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 theweakbear
Member since 2005 • 2245 Posts

I just got a PSP and I got 2 games and the offical case and I'm thinking about getting a few more things like a car adapter or a UMD case or maybe some more games and an extended warranty. Do you think the PSP has 2 years left? 1 year? Is it dying out right now??? :(. So many people are downloading games for free and it really hurts Sony. Right now if I wanted to I could get my PSP modded from a friend, but I choose not to because its better to support the developers and extend the life of the system!!

How long does the PSP have left? :(

AdamPA1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 AdamPA1006
Member since 2004 • 6422 Posts
Ya i wish less people downloaded games too, but its a fact. I support the system and buy my games, and the PSP definately has a few years left.
youmademyday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 youmademyday
Member since 2007 • 215 Posts
will they be releasing a new one or is this the first and last psp gen?
theweakbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 theweakbear
I hope they don't release another one for 2 years... I just got mine.
Mattgaz08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 Mattgaz08
Member since 2008 • 26 Posts
I think it has some time left, especially considering the compatibility with the PS3.
Chuuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Chuuster
Member since 2008 • 133 Posts

Don't worry guys, the psp won't die off, If Sony did stop PSP production soon they know that it would disappoint many, many fans and users. It will probably stick around for maybe another decade or more!

theweakbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 theweakbear
DECADE?! I don't think so!
Chuuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Chuuster
Im just hoping for the best, its for sure going to stay longer than the DS though.
imgreek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 imgreek
Member since 2004 • 152 Posts
2years minumium 4years latest and thats when the games will start being discontinued, ther will b next genhandhelds by 2011
206boogey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 206boogey
Member since 2007 • 559 Posts
2011 ..thats 1 year to enjoy next genhandhelds until armageddon....really i dont think the psp will die off...if only sony hunt these suckers down and give them a 1454545454545 dollar fine...i dont even know how to download games i just buy them..downloaders are people with no money who lives in their parent's basement....!
Chuuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Chuuster

2011 ..thats 1 year to enjoy next genhandhelds until armageddon....really i dont think the psp will die off...if only sony hunt these suckers down and give them a 1454545454545 dollar fine...i dont even know how to download games i just buy them..downloaders are people with no money who lives in their parent's basement....!206boogey

I agree, Sony should have a illegal download tracker included in the next firmware to stop these people from downloading.

theweakbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 theweakbear
F sony they got plenty i keep the pirate sites in my favs. for quick acsees stop your effin whinninonline-predator
Wow just buy your games, you're the reason there are so few games out there because developers know that there are free-loader people like you that will just download them for free. What you are doing is stealing you just aren't in a store. Say what you want: games are too expensive, they don't deserve money or whatever makes you feel any better pal.
Wegank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Wegank
Member since 2006 • 1295 Posts

I just got a PSP and I got 2 games and the offical case and I'm thinking about getting a few more things like a car adapter or a UMD case or maybe some more games and an extended warranty. Do you think the PSP has 2 years left? 1 year? Is it dying out right now??? :(. So many people are downloading games for free and it really hurts Sony. Right now if I wanted to I could get my PSP modded from a friend, but I choose not to because its better to support the developers and extend the life of the system!!

How long does the PSP have left? :(

theweakbear

Please see here: things are looking dim or maybe here:psp games getting boring...? or perhaps here:psp lifetime, 2010?. If those don't work you can try, Is the PSP dead? or is the psp dyingand just because I'm tired of cutting & pasting finally here:PSP Hardware sales...psp is no where near dying.

So please for the love of all things electronic & good, use the search feature!:roll: It will keep the same topics from being regurgitated every couple of days. Thanks!:D :D

SGT4EVA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 SGT4EVA
Member since 2007 • 1773 Posts
lol its enough life
gdmatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#16 gdmatt
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
It probably has about 3 years left...
vicdmx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 vicdmx
Member since 2007 • 428 Posts
it has maybe 3 years or years left i dont even know how to download! i just buy my games...
sahib1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 sahib1988
Member since 2006 • 204 Posts

[QUOTE="206boogey"]2011 ..thats 1 year to enjoy next genhandhelds until armageddon....really i dont think the psp will die off...if only sony hunt these suckers down and give them a 1454545454545 dollar fine...i dont even know how to download games i just buy them..downloaders are people with no money who lives in their parent's basement....!Chuuster

I agree, Sony should have a illegal download tracker included in the next firmware to stop these people from downloading.

i second that.

theweakbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 theweakbear
OK great, I think I'm going to pick up wipeout pulse today!
theweakbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 theweakbear
[QUOTE="Chuuster"]

[QUOTE="206boogey"]2011 ..thats 1 year to enjoy next genhandhelds until armageddon....really i dont think the psp will die off...if only sony hunt these suckers down and give them a 1454545454545 dollar fine...i dont even know how to download games i just buy them..downloaders are people with no money who lives in their parent's basement....!sahib1988

i second that.

How are they going to get it on the hackers' PSP? They use a custom firmware. Sony should make some incredible new hardware device that attaches to the PSP and sells for cheap that ONLY the non custom firmware users can use. If the device is plugged into a custom firmware PSP it explodes.
theweakbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 theweakbear
[QUOTE="Chuuster"]

[QUOTE="206boogey"]2011 ..thats 1 year to enjoy next genhandhelds until armageddon....really i dont think the psp will die off...if only sony hunt these suckers down and give them a 1454545454545 dollar fine...i dont even know how to download games i just buy them..downloaders are people with no money who lives in their parent's basement....!sahib1988

i second that.

How are they going to get it on the hackers' PSP? They use a custom firmware. Sony should make some incredible new hardware device that attaches to the PSP and sells for cheap that ONLY the non custom firmware users can use. If the device is plugged into a custom firmware PSP it explodes.
Avatar image for WSGRandomPerson
WSGRandomPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#22 WSGRandomPerson
Member since 2007 • 13697 Posts
The PSP should have a good amount of years left under it's belt.
hegotjokes4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 hegotjokes4
Member since 2005 • 60 Posts
I don't know i do have my doubts about the psp. There are some good games that will help the psp stay alive and then there are some games out there that help makes it die. Really, I don't want the psp to die anytime soon...I am having too much fun with Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops Plus. I think that the psp will at least last one more year at most 2 or 3. But we don't know we just go to wait and see i guess.
theweakbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 theweakbear
At least ONE year? :( thats not good... I spent all this money on my PSP I want it to be supported for longer! PS2 is still getting games!
ff7isnumbaone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25 ff7isnumbaone
Member since 2005 • 5352 Posts
as long as you want it to last :). But lets see what happens at GDC and E4.
IppotheFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 IppotheFighter
Member since 2005 • 1007 Posts
If it last for 2 more years i will be happy.
Chuuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Chuuster

I don't know i do have my doubts about the psp. There are some good games that will help the psp stay alive and then there are some games out there that help makes it die. Really, I don't want the psp to die anytime soon...I am having too much fun with Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops Plus. I think that the psp will at least last one more year at most 2 or 3. But we don't know we just go to wait and see i guess.hegotjokes4

The only thing causing the psp to die is people asking for a better one, and the ones downloading games. The psp is fine as it is, just stop complaining about trivial stuff like a second analog or Sony WILL make another handheld soon.

Rigga911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Rigga911
Member since 2008 • 2429 Posts
it can last forever...i still play my gameboy color
piranha_inc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#29 piranha_inc
Member since 2005 • 1994 Posts

They need a new hardware revision, one that is hacker proof

I have my own room in the house :P

kingrich06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 110

#30 kingrich06
Member since 2006 • 5403 Posts
same questions as last year and they selling very well so i doubt sony will stop making them