psp internet problems

This topic is locked from further discussion.

benjamming18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 benjamming18
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Ok, so my psp used to work on my wireless network which was a B network. Now we switched to a g network, and I know that psps can only operate on b networks but i have it set to transmit on b and g. But now when I try to connect (even when the signal strength is 100%) it times out obtainingtheIPaddress
fynne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 fynne
Member since 2002 • 8078 Posts
Maybe there's some crap in memory. Try resetting the PSP System Settings to Default. Then recreate the wireless connection since this will wipe it.
Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Ket87
Member since 2007 • 3840 Posts
I havn't ever been able to get online at my own house with my PSP. It tells me my WEP key thing is incorrect even though its the same thing i've used for all my wireless devices.
fynne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 fynne
Member since 2002 • 8078 Posts

I havn't ever been able to get online at my own house with my PSP. It tells me my WEP key thing is incorrect even though its the same thing i've used for all my wireless devices.Ket87

WEP is better than nothing but you really should be using WPA. WEP is really weak encryption. Do you know if MAC Address filtering is turned on in the router? That could also keep you out. If it's not turned on, try turning off WEP and see if you can connect. Then turn it back on and see if the PSP can continue to talk to it.

PSPStaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 PSPStaff
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
I agree with the above response
AlleyGreatAl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 AlleyGreatAl
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
My internet was working last week and for some reason it stopped working. And now when I try connecting to the internet on my psp again the error message says: A connection error has occurred. Signal may be weak. I mean I have strong signal of 100% and my router is not picking up my the connection. Here's my set up for right now: Connection Name: ACEF2 SSID: ACEF2 Security: WEP WEP Key: ********** IP Address: Automatic Subnet Mask: Automatic Default Router: Automatic Primary DNS: 67.171.71.70 Secondary DNS: 0.0.0.0 Proxy Server: Do Not Use Internet Browser: Do Not Start Can someone help me with my problem?
Avatar image for indarknessdeath
indarknessdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 indarknessdeath
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
hi ive been having the same problem with my wifi. Its reading the signal at a constant 100% strength but when i got to connect to it it says error the signal is weak bs. I dont know what happened because just 2 weeks ago i was getting on with no problems at all. However i can do remote play with my ps3 and it allows me to connect to it via private network and of course no the internet way but while in remote play i cant access the internet browser and it allows me to surf the internet freely....... im not sure what to do now and could there maybe be something wrong with my psp?
gary_youmans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 gary_youmans
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

I just found my charger and it want let me get online its doin the same thing to me but i never used WEP or any passwords... it worked just fine like 5 months ago i dont get it

gary_youmans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 gary_youmans
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

I just found my charger and my PSP is doin the same thing i dont use WEP or any password and I got online about a 4 or 5months ago My PS3 works just fine I dont get it. WTF