PSP 3000 or PSP GO.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Shadow1Soldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 Shadow1Soldier
Member since 2008 • 432 Posts

I'm having problems Deciding which PSP to get, i have about 3 weeks to make the choice, which may seem like long but, for me time does not go slow. i need something that will survive a 2x 4 hours Coach journey, Money shouldn'be too much of a problem, i hope. i'm not a big fan of downloading games but i love the PSP GO's 16GB Internal Flash Memory and that it's lightweight. but i like the PSP 3000 removable battery cause if i run out i just replace it if i have a second available. and i prefer having Disks instead of Downloads, (Don't know why, its just me) but i suppose i could live with downloads... if any of you could give me help on which one would be the better choice i would be very grateful... thank you in advance... :)

AdamPA1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 AdamPA1006
Member since 2004 • 6422 Posts

I'm having problems Deciding which PSP to get, i have about 3 weeks to make the choice, which may seem like long but, for me time does not go slow. i need something that will survive a 2x 4 hours Coach journey, Money shouldn'be too much of a problem, i hope. i'm not a big fan of downloading games but i love the PSP GO's 16GB Internal Flash Memory and that it's lightweight. but i like the PSP 3000 removable battery cause if i run out i just replace it if i have a second available. and i prefer having Disks instead of Downloads, (Don't know why, its just me) but i suppose i could live with downloads... if any of you could give me help on which one would be the better choice i would be very grateful... thank you in advance... :)

Shadow1Soldier
I would grab the 3000 with a big memory stick, the price would still be less than the GO and you could still download games. I like having the disks and cases also. And the battery life is a bit longer on the 3000, it would definitely last atleast 4 hours
ShadowedSight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 ShadowedSight
Member since 2008 • 1902 Posts

Just get a large memory card and a 3000.

You'll have the UMD games, and the option to throw in a second battery if needed.

Shadow1Soldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Shadow1Soldier
Member since 2008 • 432 Posts

Thank you very much, i'm gonna get the PSP 3000 then so once i get paid i'm off to get one cheers, i've asked alot of people but the only reason they gave me was PSP Go because its new. soooo again thank you. and one more question does the PSP 3000 come with a mains Charger or do you need to buy one seperately...

SadPSPAddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#5 SadPSPAddict
Member since 2006 • 5462 Posts

It comes with a charger!

For people new to PSP I would strongly consider the Go - ok it's more expensive and no second hand game market but it does have some very nice features and is a very portable/pocket size when compared to the 3000.

I have a 3000 and will never get a Go unless there is a way I can get all my UMDs converted over. But portability isn't an issue for me - I don't need it to fit in my pocket. I have used a Go and the design is very nice and the button positioning not as awkward as you might think by looking at it but.....

appletsauce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 appletsauce
Member since 2006 • 1035 Posts

I think I'm going to buy a 3000 and Go at the same time. Use the 3000 at home with UMDs and use the Go when on the go.

myst3rial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 myst3rial
Member since 2009 • 272 Posts

I think I'm going to buy a 3000 and Go at the same time. Use the 3000 at home with UMDs and use the Go when on the go.

appletsauce
Make it better - don't buy PSP Go, add 50 bucks and get PS3 Slim, and PSP 3000. You'll have the best entertaining system in home and PSP 3000 will be "on the go" :)
Twig978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Twig978
Member since 2009 • 557 Posts
If you really are concerned about the battery life then get an external battery pack that charges devices through USB.
r-teest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 r-teest
Member since 2007 • 949 Posts

[QUOTE="appletsauce"]

myst3rial

Make it better - don't buy PSP Go, add 50 bucks and get PS3 Slim, and PSP 3000. You'll have the best entertaining system in home and PSP 3000 will be "on the go" :)

that just about sums it up

coolkid93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#10 coolkid93
Member since 2007 • 6749 Posts
Grab a 3000. You definitely won't regret getting that model.
Avatar image for bowchikawowowow
bowchikawowowow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 bowchikawowowow
Member since 2009 • 69 Posts

I'd recommend the Go beacause itts got Bulit in mic, bluetooth, and 16Gb, but if you hate downloads and love UMDs get the 3000 it has mic, but no bluetooth and you can buy the new 16Gb memory card thats been out for a while now

usule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 usule
Member since 2003 • 1734 Posts

I really like the go... It suit my needs much better. I just put it in my pocket and that's it... I already have more than ten games in it and I dont see myself carrying umd's with me everywhere... Loving the digital age!

Avatar image for RockinTheCasbah
RockinTheCasbah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 RockinTheCasbah
Member since 2009 • 441 Posts

I really like the go... It suit my needs much better. I just put it in my pocket and that's it... I already have more than ten games in it and I dont see myself carrying umd's with me everywhere... Loving the digital age!

usule

Or you could wear pants with bigger pockets, download games from PSN onto a 3000, and it could do the exact same thing for $50 less :D

Hct13345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Hct13345
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
You should get a psp 3000. Just grab a 16g memory stick with it if you like downloading games. The psp 3000 is better then the psp go because it lets you have the option of having UMDS or downloading the games. The psp 3000 has more accesories you can buy like the psp Go!cam. The psp 3000 usaully comes in good bundles where you can get a game,memory stick, and movie for like 30 bucks more. So in my oponion get the 3000. Im getting my 3000 on black friday with tons of other stuff.
Avatar image for ShiningBashir10
ShiningBashir10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ShiningBashir10
Member since 2009 • 206 Posts

buy a ps2 if u cant afford a ps3 slim,both consoles have more value and better games,most of the psp library is ps1 and ps2 ports,the psp is fun,but u'll get bored very quickly.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a22550b94008
deactivated-5a22550b94008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-5a22550b94008
Member since 2009 • 426 Posts

I've been reading up on the fact that the 3000 screen has some issues with visible scan lines? How bad is this and would it be a reason to consider buying the GO or even the 2000? I've heard the 3000 is even being discontinued silently.

Talldude80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#17 Talldude80
Member since 2003 • 6321 Posts

[QUOTE="appletsauce"]

myst3rial

yeah that sounds less absurd......

to the TC: i would recommend getting the 3000 god of war bundle or the rockband unplugged bundle (both of those games are great). and then get a 4gb or 8gb memory stick to go with it. Also if you have some extra $ i'd say buy a good hardcase to protect the psp. After all that you'll STILL probably spend LESS than buying a PSPGO w/o any games. Then you could also get a 2nd battery for when you are on longer trips.

i dont see many GOOD reasons to get the Go.....other than its smaller, supports blue tooth headsets? and has 16gb of storage built in. also it's worth noting that the extra removable memory for the pspgo (if u somehow use up all 16gb) will be more expensive than a memory stick pro duo, since its a different newer format apparently.

(p.s. i would recommend looking for memory sticks used and/ or on amazon, they can be expensive at stores like target/walmart/etc)

ZeroX91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ZeroX91
Member since 2004 • 1687 Posts

I predict within 4 post of mine this will turn in to a point less argument. That said 3000 unless you can afford to just throw away your UMDs.

anthonettex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 anthonettex
Member since 2004 • 85 Posts

Im a brand new PSP owner and guess which system I settled to buy... the PSP 3000!

Why? Well, apart from the fact that I bought it cheap, I walked into my local EB games store (I'm in Australia by the way) and picked up some second hand UMD games. And guess what, when I'm done they can simply go back to ebay or EB, or I can keep them. And the 16GB memory stick will be reserved for watching my converted TV shows, movies and music, instead of wasting space taking up games I may never play again.

Who uses bluetooth anyway; I have enough trouble pairing a headset to my phone without remembering to charge the headsets damn battery first!

GO GET THE PSP 3000 - There's a rumour that little big planet will have a bundled PSP 3000 pack with it too.

LongZhiZi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 LongZhiZi
Member since 2009 • 2453 Posts
Well, I'd highly recommend to anyone looking to buy a PSP to actually hold both models, if possible. Hopefully you can get a decent amount of time with both, that would be best. The X000 design, while cheaper, is definitely inadvisable to people with long fingers. My hands would cramp up within 30 minutes of playing on my old 2000, which resulted in me never using the thing. While it cost me more to pick up a Go, I actually use the thing and enjoy myself. If you can stomach the horribly placed analog stick on the 3000 and the extra bulk of it, then save the extra cash. But if you're like me with fairly long fingers, the extra money is nothing compared to the alternative.
Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts
Get the 3000. You're paying less than you would for the Go, and getting more.
justhat1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 justhat1
Member since 2009 • 458 Posts

go with the 3000 u get the best of both worlds