PS4 white light, no signal, but remote play still works? Help!

Avatar image for rainbowbeefcake
RainbowBeefcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 RainbowBeefcake
Member since 2016 • 5 Posts

Okay, so I'm in need of some help. My ps4 had a blue light and no signal no matter what I did, so I sent it in to sony and a month later I got my ps4 back good as new. Then, a few weeks ago, I started getting a white light but no signal. I was resigned to send it in again to sony (I paid $150 and they didn't fix it on round 1), but then, on a whim, I tried one more time, after having the system unplugged for two days. Fast foward a few days, and I turn my system on, and I hear the sound, but get no signal. Turn it off and back on, and nothing. No signal or anything, white light, no signal. I left it unplugged for two days, and just plugged it back up. Same deal, white light, no signal or sound. This is where it gets weird though. The ps4 won't let you use remote play if it doesn't think an hdmi is plugged in, so I tried remote play. Lo and behold it worked. I had to select my profile without seeing the screen, but once I did that, I was able to connect to my ps4 with my computer. I don't want to send it back to sony because I don't want to go another month without my system, and I'm fearful that my system will be working when they receive it, as I suspect it was last go round, and they will just ship it back to me as they did before, with the problem unresolved. Do you guys have any ideas on how I could go about getting a signal? I'm devastated and confused. Please Help!

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

@rainbowbeefcake: Try these steps

http://ps4.wonderhowto.com/how-to/ps4-wont-connect-your-tv-try-these-no-signal-troubleshooting-tips-0149511/