benny_boy98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By benny_boy98
Member since 2015 • 485 Posts

Had ps4 for a year now and before getting the console I read you can play games while there installing but whenever I go to do this it says start application without updating so does this mean if I play it the update will stop?

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

@benny_boy98 said:

Had ps4 for a year now and before getting the console I read you can play games while there installing but whenever I go to do this it says start application without updating so does this mean if I play it the update will stop?

No, you can play and the update will continue to download in the background, when you finish playing check how much of the update ( s ) has downloaded ( go to Notifications, then to Downloads and there the update (s) and how much of it/them will appear ), if the update hasn´t finished downloading fully put the console in rest mode for the download to continue.

benny_boy98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 benny_boy98
Member since 2015 • 485 Posts

@raugutcon: thank you much appreciated

toughtrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 toughtrasher
Member since 2013 • 268 Posts

Are you guys talking about the "can't use network features without update" thing?

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

@toughtrasher: no, that update is needed when you want to use network services like the store; the one we are talking about is playing the game without downloading updates first. Unlike the PS3 in the PS4 you can play the game while the update downloads, in the PS3 you can't do that, you play or download the update but not both at the same time.