PS4 Controller will Detect Sweat

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Exiled_Badger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Exiled_Badger
Member since 2013 • 262 Posts

Sony released something about an experiment with the new Dualshock controller and how it can detect sweat.  So what does it do after it detects sweat?

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#2 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts
Don't declare something in your title as a fact and then post some garbage without an actual source in your OP. It makes you looks incredibly dumb
Exiled_Badger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Exiled_Badger
[QUOTE="Blabadon"]Don't declare something in your title as a fact and then post some garbage without an actual source in your OP. It makes you looks incredibly dumb

And jumping to conclusions makes you look incredibly dumb. http://www.gamespot.com/shows/gsnews/?event=new-mass-effect-game-ps4-controller-detects-sweat-20130716
Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Blabadon

[QUOTE="Blabadon"]Don't declare something in your title as a fact and then post some garbage without an actual source in your OP. It makes you looks incredibly dumbExiled_Badger
And jumping to conclusions makes you look incredibly dumb. http://www.gamespot.com/shows/gsnews/?event=new-mass-effect-game-ps4-controller-detects-sweat-20130716

Would love to see where this happened.

That being said, this sounds incredibly strange,

Exiled_Badger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Exiled_Badger

[QUOTE="Exiled_Badger"][QUOTE="Blabadon"]Don't declare something in your title as a fact and then post some garbage without an actual source in your OP. It makes you looks incredibly dumbBlabadon

Would love to see where this happened.

That being said, this sounds incredibly strange,

Just wondering if anyone else had any info on it, because in the video they didn't really mention what it did if it detected sweat
jrlc1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 jrlc1
Member since 2005 • 4235 Posts
http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/56830/early-dual-shock-4-prototype-would-have-detected-how-sweaty-you-get prototype. And yeah probably dropped because... (obvious statement here)
Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Blabadon
"Historically we have heard many times that our controllers have not been ideal for first-person shooters, so we wanted to make sure we had something that would be much better for that genre," Cerny said to Stuff. Thank God Cerny is helping with this launch. Sony had their asses so far up their heads with the PS3 it's a surprise they recovered so well.
Exiled_Badger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Exiled_Badger
[QUOTE="Blabadon"]"Historically we have heard many times that our controllers have not been ideal for first-person shooters, so we wanted to make sure we had something that would be much better for that genre," Cerny said to Stuff. Thank God Cerny is helping with this launch. Sony had their asses so far up their heads with the PS3 it's a surprise they recovered so well.

Definitely. I'm glad they are finally changing the controllers, more similar to Microsoft's Xbox 360 controller. I don't blame them either, just that Xbox beat them to the best design for a controller.
Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Blabadon
[QUOTE="Exiled_Badger"][QUOTE="Blabadon"]"Historically we have heard many times that our controllers have not been ideal for first-person shooters, so we wanted to make sure we had something that would be much better for that genre," Cerny said to Stuff. Thank God Cerny is helping with this launch. Sony had their asses so far up their heads with the PS3 it's a surprise they recovered so well.

Definitely. I'm glad they are finally changing the controllers, more similar to Microsoft's Xbox 360 controller. I don't blame them either, just that Xbox beat them to the best design for a controller.

Agreed. Hell, maybe Sony will sell a DualShock 3-esque controller as well if there's enough demand. I probably won't be getting a PS4, but they did so much right, I'm happy.
Exiled_Badger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Exiled_Badger
[QUOTE="Blabadon"][QUOTE="Exiled_Badger"][QUOTE="Blabadon"]"Historically we have heard many times that our controllers have not been ideal for first-person shooters, so we wanted to make sure we had something that would be much better for that genre," Cerny said to Stuff. Thank God Cerny is helping with this launch. Sony had their asses so far up their heads with the PS3 it's a surprise they recovered so well.

Agreed. Hell, maybe Sony will sell a DualShock 3-esque controller as well if there's enough demand. I probably won't be getting a PS4, but they did so much right, I'm happy.

I wanted to get an Xbox One, but recently the PS4 is attracting me more and more. With its lower price and the fact that all the games I want are on both consoles. But I'm still on the fence.
shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6857 Posts

Glad they opted for the touchpad instead, it will still be gimmicky, but better that than a galvanized sweat sensor.

j5r9s2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#12 j5r9s2
Member since 2008 • 998 Posts
cant wait for ps4, i love the controller. its one of the reasons i have stuck with sony all these years
Exiled_Badger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Exiled_Badger
cant wait for ps4, i love the controller. its one of the reasons i have stuck with sony all these yearsj5r9s2
But you have to admit, the controllers have been pretty impractical up until the PS3, where Sony started basing the controller off Microsoft's Xbox controller.
AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts
cant wait for ps4, i love the controller. its one of the reasons i have stuck with sony all these yearsj5r9s2
I hate Sonys controllers. It's main reason the ps3 was not my main system. I am so glad they made changes. Still wish I coul try it out and see if its different enough from Sonys old controllers
Exiled_Badger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Exiled_Badger
[QUOTE="j5r9s2"]cant wait for ps4, i love the controller. its one of the reasons i have stuck with sony all these yearsAutoPilotOn
I hate Sonys controllers. It's main reason the ps3 was not my main system. I am so glad they made changes. Still wish I coul try it out and see if its different enough from Sonys old controllers

It supposedly is, with new dimpled thumbsticks, and they said in an interview that the triggers were now positioned for optimal gaming or some crap. Basically "We made our controllers like Microsoft makes theirs." So I can't wait for PS4.
Avatar image for PoisoN_Facecam0
PoisoN_Facecam0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 PoisoN_Facecam0
Member since 2009 • 3734 Posts
I just want a dualshock 2 again, none of the motion sensing crap, or the spongy triggers, just a controller with normal buttons, is that too much to ask? The ps4 controller looks a little better, at least the l2/r2 are convex instead of concave now (i ended up buying the trigger clip ons for all my dualshock 3s, would much prefer it just be a button)
sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#17 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

the controller looks sweet.

pickettsticket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 pickettsticket
Member since 2012 • 193 Posts

[QUOTE="AutoPilotOn"][QUOTE="j5r9s2"]cant wait for ps4, i love the controller. its one of the reasons i have stuck with sony all these yearsExiled_Badger

It supposedly is, with new dimpled thumbsticks, and they said in an interview that the triggers were now positioned for optimal gaming or some crap. Basically "We made our controllers like Microsoft makes theirs." So I can't wait for PS4.

The dual shock 4 is way closer to the dualshock 3 than the xbox 360 controller. Hardly anything has been changed to make it like xbox's.

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

[QUOTE="Blabadon"]Don't declare something in your title as a fact and then post some garbage without an actual source in your OP. It makes you looks incredibly dumbExiled_Badger

He didn't jump to conclusions as you in fact did not have a source in your OP.

Exiled_Badger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Exiled_Badger

[QUOTE="Exiled_Badger"][QUOTE="Blabadon"]Don't declare something in your title as a fact and then post some garbage without an actual source in your OP. It makes you looks incredibly dumbworlock77

Thanks for pointing that out, although we were beyond that a long while ago.
remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#21 remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts
[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="Exiled_Badger"] And jumping to conclusions makes you look incredibly dumb. http://www.gamespot.com/shows/gsnews/?event=new-mass-effect-game-ps4-controller-detects-sweat-20130716Exiled_Badger

Thanks for pointing that out, although we were beyond that a long while ago.

lol
MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts

[QUOTE="Exiled_Badger"][QUOTE="AutoPilotOn"] I hate Sonys controllers. It's main reason the ps3 was not my main system. I am so glad they made changes. Still wish I coul try it out and see if its different enough from Sonys old controllerspickettsticket

The dual shock 4 is way closer to the dualshock 3 than the xbox 360 controller. Hardly anything has been changed to make it like xbox's.

uhm... the triggers, sticks, and size would disagree with you..
pickettsticket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 pickettsticket
Member since 2012 • 193 Posts

[QUOTE="pickettsticket"]

[QUOTE="Exiled_Badger"] It supposedly is, with new dimpled thumbsticks, and they said in an interview that the triggers were now positioned for optimal gaming or some crap. Basically "We made our controllers like Microsoft makes theirs." So I can't wait for PS4.MethodManFTW

The layout, stick placement, curveture, D-pad would all like to disagree with you disagreeing

Exiled_Badger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Exiled_Badger

[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"][QUOTE="pickettsticket"]

pickettsticket

The layout, stick placement, curveture, D-pad would all like to disagree with you disagreeing

Well yeah ultimately it's a different controller. But it's pretty obvious they now use many of the features of the controller that Microsoft perfected with the Xbox 360. And nothing against them, hell Microsoft just beat them to it. It's the perfect design, so I'd be pissed if Sony didn't base theirs off of it.
Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts
It's bullshit to charge you an extra $20 like the six axies.
MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts
[QUOTE="pickettsticket"]

[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"] uhm... the triggers, sticks, and size would disagree with you..Exiled_Badger

Well yeah ultimately it's a different controller. But it's pretty obvious they now use many of the features of the controller that Microsoft perfected with the Xbox 360. And nothing against them, hell Microsoft just beat them to it. It's the perfect design, so I'd be pissed if Sony didn't base theirs off of it.

Yup.