This topic is locked from further discussion.

zeldow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 zeldow
Member since 2007 • 76 Posts
I wanna know what you people think what will be ps3's future. Will 2011 be an amazing year for sony and beat MS in sales for the year with the new ps3 slim or will it crumble due to its 300$ cheap price. Will they buy off more exclusives from companies to get more buyers? Let me know what you think what sony is planning for 2011 and the years to come.
Trixstar99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Trixstar99
Member since 2008 • 455 Posts

Well its better than MS future

zeldow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 zeldow
better hope so i think ms is gonna crumble in 2011 -2013 and loose allot of sales
DrRockso87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 DrRockso87
Member since 2010 • 2647 Posts

I think Microsoft will pull in more customers with the Kinect targeting the casual gamer ramping up more console sales than Sony will this year, but focusing solely on the Kinect as the "Xbox 720" will definitely hurt them in the long run. Sony is producing soooo many exclusives this year (Little Big Planet 2, Team Ico collection, Killzone 3, SOCOM 4, InFamous 2, Resistance 3, Uncharted 3, Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One, The Last Guardian, etc.) whereas Microsoft has... Forza Motorsport 4 and... Kinect games. Yeah, great. Also, don't forget that most of the AAA titles will have Move-support and third party developers will eventually announce more PS2 collections for the PS3 so that'll keep hard core gamers interested.

I think Microsoft will still take Sony next year in sales with the influx of casual gamers picking up a Xbox 360 Kinect bundle but Sony is definitely going to scoop up the hard core gamers.

jimm895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 jimm895
Member since 2007 • 7703 Posts
Sony owns a large number of in house studios and developers that they can keep new games coming even without third party developers releasing that many PS3 games.
gamerfan85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 gamerfan85
Member since 2009 • 652 Posts

Microsoft is on a fast track to casual game dollars but at the expense of abandoning the more passionate ones. Sony meanwhile is sitting on a newfound mountain of exclusives and being smart about keeping PSN free. The Move is just the right balance of casual game accessibility mixed with hardcore game interactivity. 2011 is going to be a fun year to watch.

Warpainting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Warpainting
Member since 2010 • 27 Posts
2011 is Playstation's year, with the move out and the amazing game line up for 2011...There is no doubt about it, that it will make it's quota and more.
Kennyb324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Kennyb324
Member since 2009 • 218 Posts

sony is gaining exclusives while microsoft is losing exclusives.

seems like all microsoft cares about is its call of duty fanbase.

they only have 3 main exclusives left (well, 4 counting forza) and they are nearing thier end

halo is pretty much dead b/c bungie isnt making them anymore and the new team is most likely going to suck

gears of war 3 is (most likely) going to be the final gears of war, so that franchise will be done, of course i except another gears game after 3

and Fable has just gotten more and more casual so i dont even know if its worth talking about. (fable 1 was soo awesome btw)

like people above me said, microsoft is ditching thier hardcore base and going casual. i dare say more casual than the wii (and thats saying something)

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#9 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

I wanna know what you people think what will be ps3's future. Will 2011 be an amazing year for sony and beat MS in sales for the year with the new ps3 slim or will it crumble due to its 300$ cheap price. Will they buy off more exclusives from companies to get more buyers? Let me know what you think what sony is planning for 2011 and the years to come.zeldow

I think it will go back and fourth "but" just as others have said....MS will have the edge because of the influx of casual gamers. Either way Sony will still have a solid year because of their strong line-up of exclusives and free online service.

Warpainting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Warpainting

[QUOTE="zeldow"]I wanna know what you people think what will be ps3's future. Will 2011 be an amazing year for sony and beat MS in sales for the year with the new ps3 slim or will it crumble due to its 300$ cheap price. Will they buy off more exclusives from companies to get more buyers? Let me know what you think what sony is planning for 2011 and the years to come.MarcRecon

I think it will go back and fourth "but" just as others have said....MS will have the edge because of the influx of casual gamers. Either way Sony will still have a solid year because of their strong line-up of exclusives and free online service.

Very True my friend!
boybrushdred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 boybrushdred
Member since 2007 • 1892 Posts

2011 could be a great year for PlayStation because of its exclusives. by the way, these games dont matter to me. but i believe they'll do great.

LBP2, DCUO, InFamous 2, Uncharted 3, KZ3, Resistance 3, SOCOM, etc..

Enid_Green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Enid_Green
Member since 2010 • 1261 Posts

Last gen, the PS2 was absolute favorite system, and probably my #2 console of all time.

My 360 is my main console because I bought it first (wasn't willing to shell out $500 for a console) and it allows my husband and I to play under our own gamertags at the same time online.

I can't speak for 2011, but considering how the market's changing, I think the Playstation will pull out ahead because they seem to manage their games and products a little...friendlier. I have a feeling their online network will be more streamlined by next generation too, which will have me 100% sold.

istuffedsunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#13 istuffedsunny
Member since 2008 • 6991 Posts
Sony will never beat the other companies because their console is $100 more expensive and most of the games are the same. A parent or kid will see that and not even think twice about Bluray etc, sorry
Ninja_Zombie83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#14 Ninja_Zombie83
Member since 2009 • 1893 Posts
I think Sony will release more information about the PS4 due to its lack in sales in relation to the other consoles. It will not capitalize on the PS Move because it doesn't cater to the already deemed hardcore player base that the PS3 has and those who are interested in family type games will lean towards Nintendo, who has been established as the family console. ( why buy a system for a peripheral to cater what a cheaper console already offers? ) I think we will see more blockbuster titles and their sequels (Uncharted 3, Killzone 3, etc) because thats what has been selling and they will probably be directing everything towards 3d and Move because thats the new tech direction. I also wouldn't be surprized to hear more games offering monthly service fees and a rise of independant developers, as the PS3 has been out for a while and companies are getting comfortable enough to take a new direction. Just IMO of course.
gamerfan85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 gamerfan85

I think Sony will release more information about the PS4 due to its lack in sales in relation to the other consoles. It will not capitalize on the PS Move because it doesn't cater to the already deemed hardcore player base that the PS3 has and those who are interested in family type games will lean towards Nintendo, who has been established as the family console. ( why buy a system for a peripheral to cater what a cheaper console already offers? ) I think we will see more blockbuster titles and their sequels (Uncharted 3, Killzone 3, etc) because thats what has been selling and they will probably be directing everything towards 3d and Move because thats the new tech direction. I also wouldn't be surprized to hear more games offering monthly service fees and a rise of independant developers, as the PS3 has been out for a while and companies are getting comfortable enough to take a new direction. Just IMO of course.Ninja_Zombie83

See I think that's just why Sony is going to pull out ahead. The Move is $100 cheaper than a Wii and has the ability to pull in new casual gamers who have access to a PS3 already - and just the same - the hardcore gamers looking for Killzone's and SOCOM's will be able to expand on those games in a whole new light at half the price of a new console together. It's a smart move with potential to please everybody as this gen's hardware plateaus.

MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#16 MusashiSensi
Member since 2004 • 9584 Posts

This seems to be a thread that should be placed in the SW forum. Anyways, the PS3 has a lot of updating to do before it even tips the scale in its favor. The PS3 needs more exclusives & needs something besides the PSMove to make gamers say "Hey, I want that system NOW!".

zeldow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 zeldow
what do u mean not enough exclusives they have waaaay more than MS now
gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

This seems to be a thread that should be placed in the SW forum. Anyways, the PS3 has a lot of updating to do before it even tips the scale in its favor. The PS3 needs more exclusives & needs something besides the PSMove to make gamers say "Hey, I want that system NOW!".

MusashiSensi

What exclusives does MS still have? Gears Fable, Forza, Halo and Splinter Cell. Mass Effect, Bioshock, Ninja Gaiden, Eternal Sonata, GTA 4 DLC have all gone multiplat. Even if MS comes out with a few more exclusives, they still can't match what Sony has this year. We know for a fact that Little Big Planet 2, Socom 4, Motorstorm Apocalypse, Yakuza 4, Killzone 3 Infamous 2, Resistance 3, and Uncharted 3 will come out this year. Insomniac never misses a launch date. Sony is not going to let Uncharted be delayed. That is 8 exclusive gams for certain this year. Ratchet all for one also will come out this year for certain because that is also made by insomniac. The only ones that are up in the air are twisted metal and The last Guardian. So where are the lack of exclusives?

Nexustras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Nexustras
Member since 2005 • 568 Posts

wow some of you really hate microsoft. whatever helps you sleep at night i guess lol

i just hope microsoft stays competitive. they've really dethroned sony this gen and i'm

glad sony is making come back. better competition = better games.

MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 MusashiSensi

[QUOTE="MusashiSensi"]

gamenerd15

What exclusives does MS still have? Gears Fable, Forza, Halo and Splinter Cell. Mass Effect, Bioshock, Ninja Gaiden, Eternal Sonata, GTA 4 DLC have all gone multiplat. Even if MS comes out with a few more exclusives, they still can't match what Sony has this year. We know for a fact that Little Big Planet 2, Socom 4, Motorstorm Apocalypse, Yakuza 4, Killzone 3 Infamous 2, Resistance 3, and Uncharted 3 will come out this year. Insomniac never misses a launch date. Sony is not going to let Uncharted be delayed. That is 8 exclusive gams for certain this year. Ratchet all for one also will come out this year for certain because that is also made by insomniac. The only ones that are up in the air are twisted metal and The last Guardian. So where are the lack of exclusives?

[QUOTE="zeldow"]what do u mean not enough exclusives they have waaaay more than MS now

Let me switch that up a bit for some of you, Deal? PS3 (in my opinion) doesn't have "many" good exclusives coming out this year. Motorstorm to me was fun for a month or two when it first dropped, Socom....anyways, Yakuza 4 I already have, Killzone 3 not my flavor, LBP, Infamous 2, R3 & U3 will be the only GOOD exclusives (again...in my opinion) I will be buying on the 360.
gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 gamenerd15

I wanna know what you people think what will be ps3's future. Will 2011 be an amazing year for sony and beat MS in sales for the year with the new ps3 slim or will it crumble due to its 300$ cheap price. Will they buy off more exclusives from companies to get more buyers? Let me know what you think what sony is planning for 2011 and the years to come.zeldow

As far as sales go MS will win. America are a bunch of 360 heads and public likes the 360 more. Last year overall, The PS3 had more games come out than the 360 but MS still won. The 360 is $100 cheaper albeit the stupid is, but your average joe doesn't understand that. The general public is going to look at "which one is cheaper" and just go with the 360. Quality does not always win out and that is a shame. Look at how much Kinect has sold. The software on it is just as bad as the move right now, but it sold 5 times what the move has. Sony is always going to be in 3rd place when it comes to sales. God of War 3 and Gran Turismo did not make the system fly off shelves. Granted those games did sell units, but not enough to put them ahead. Since more people have friends with 360's they will probably buy a 360.

A lot of the time a gaming company can gain ground after a misstep but the inital price tag of the PS3 hurt Sony more than they thought. The media still portrays the system as extremely expensive. The griffin family from family guy is a lower middle class family. Peter bought a 360 at the end of an episode. In the movie grown ups, Adam Sandler's character is rich and his kids in the movie play on PS3's. Sony is seen as the bad guy this generation, pure and simple. They are considered to be greedy because of the initial price tag of the system while MS charges $10 more for live for no reason at all, and no one says anything about it.

MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 MusashiSensi

Also, I am not by any means defending the 360 & saying it has more exclusives, so you fanboys can go sit in a chair & rub some alcohol on those PS3 tattoos.

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 gamenerd15

Also, I am not by any means defending the 360 & saying it has more exclusives, so you fanboys can go sit in a chair & rub some alcohol on those PS3 tattoos.

MusashiSensi

Well when you say the PS3 needs more exclusives when it has 9 exclusives for certain and 2 of them which could come out but maybe not, you make it sound as if the 360 has more games. Also I missed a couple of games too. Disgaea 4 is supposed to come out as well as ar Tonelco 3. This makes 13 exclusives in 2011. I would bank on Disgaea 4 making it since the 3rd one came out in 08.

punisher1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 punisher1
Member since 2004 • 3290 Posts

sony will do just fine. They have proven over 15 years that they know what they are doing. As for game releases a lot of good games will be coming out. And personally I can't wait for Saints row 3 and GTA:(hopefully vice city) to be announced this year.

Whybanme1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Whybanme1
Member since 2010 • 118 Posts

I think Microsoft will pull in more customers with the Kinect targeting the casual gamer ramping up more console sales than Sony will this year, but focusing solely on the Kinect as the "Xbox 720" will definitely hurt them in the long run. Sony is producing soooo many exclusives this year (Little Big Planet 2, Team Ico collection, Killzone 3, SOCOM 4, InFamous 2, Resistance 3, Uncharted 3, Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One, The Last Guardian, etc.) whereas Microsoft has... Forza Motorsport 4 and... Kinect games. Yeah, great. Also, don't forget that most of the AAA titles will have Move-support and third party developers will eventually announce more PS2 collections for the PS3 so that'll keep hard core gamers interested.

I think Microsoft will still take Sony next year in sales with the influx of casual gamers picking up a Xbox 360 Kinect bundle but Sony is definitely going to scoop up the hard core gamers.

DrRockso87

Holy ASDF! I didn't know that they were releasing an Ico collection! Mad stoked!

zeldow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 zeldow

and for those who say ps3 is more expensive than xbox 360 its false basicly

ps3 slim 160gb= 299.99$ + Free Online

xbox 360 250gb= 299.99$ +60$ for Live

You tell me who has the better deal. Dont forget Ps3 uses Bluray discs not Dvd`s

Warpainting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Warpainting
When does Uncharted 3 come out? This and Killzone are my top 2011 picks. Really want that Sharp Shooter gun for Killzone!
Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#29 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

I honestly don't care about Microsoft, I have a PS3 and will continue buying games for the console, beating MS isn't anything on my mind, I'm just looking forward to the amazing games PS3 is releasing this year.

boybrushdred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 boybrushdred
Member since 2007 • 1892 Posts

When does Uncharted 3 come out? This and Killzone are my top 2011 picks. Really want that Sharp Shooter gun for Killzone! Warpainting

Uncharted 3 hits PS3 on 11-1-11

Warpainting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Warpainting

[QUOTE="Warpainting"]When does Uncharted 3 come out? This and Killzone are my top 2011 picks. Really want that Sharp Shooter gun for Killzone! boybrushdred

Oh wow, gotta a long time to wait for that lol !
giff23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 giff23
Member since 2010 • 31 Posts

[QUOTE="boybrushdred"]

[QUOTE="Warpainting"]When does Uncharted 3 come out? This and Killzone are my top 2011 picks. Really want that Sharp Shooter gun for Killzone! Warpainting

Oh wow, gotta a long time to wait for that lol !

i know sony made abig mistake showing it off so early because know i have to sit here and think about it for that long.

giff23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 giff23
Member since 2010 • 31 Posts

I honestly don't care about Microsoft, I have a PS3 and will continue buying games for the console, beating MS isn't anything on my mind, I'm just looking forward to the amazing games PS3 is releasing this year.

Venom_Raptor

You said it perfectly. I love my ps 3 and as long sony puts out the exclusive i want who cares.

darkman006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#34 darkman006
Member since 2009 • 933 Posts

[QUOTE="Venom_Raptor"]

giff23

You said it perfectly. I love my ps 3 and as long sony puts out the exclusive i want who cares.

100% agree. I feel the same. Though there have been times when I've thought about owning all three systems at one point in time, but for now I am just sticking with my Phat PS3.
MAG_19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 MAG_19
Member since 2010 • 71 Posts

3 words, PS3 will OWN!!!!

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

Don't know what the future will be, but I really hope the great lineup of 2011 is a big "goodbye", I'm tired of this gen and hope Sony announces a PS4 for 2012 with full first party focus while they keep the PS3 running with mainly 3rd party and Move titles. But I'm afraid it won't happen :/ I guess they'll just try to keep the PS3 running as long as possible to get the money back they lost in it's first years :S

thehost123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 thehost123
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

We're just gonna have 2 see whats happens...

Hoogs88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Hoogs88
Member since 2004 • 1035 Posts
I think people take this all way too seriously. Why does it need to be a competition? Why the need to define which console is the most "hardcore" or "casual"? They all have great games, and I hope they all have great futures.
Warpainting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Warpainting
I think people take this all way too seriously. Why does it need to be a competition? Why the need to define which console is the most "hardcore" or "casual"? They all have great games, and I hope they all have great futures.Hoogs88
Well, you must care somewhat about gaming or you wouldn't be on the forums, no?
Hoogs88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Hoogs88
Member since 2004 • 1035 Posts
[QUOTE="Hoogs88"]I think people take this all way too seriously. Why does it need to be a competition? Why the need to define which console is the most "hardcore" or "casual"? They all have great games, and I hope they all have great futures.Warpainting
Well, you must care somewhat about gaming or you wouldn't be on the forums, no?

Most of my posts are from a few years ago when I did take it all more seriously than I should have. Now, after coming back to these forums to ask a question about the recent firmware update, I realize how petty a lot of the arguments on here are. I'm not saying that you or all people here are "petty" or anything, it's just something I noticed in a lot of threads more than I would've a few (well, more than a few) years ago. But then again, this is a gaming forum, so I'm probably being stupid.
gamerfan85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 gamerfan85

When does Uncharted 3 come out? This and Killzone are my top 2011 picks. Really want that Sharp Shooter gun for Killzone! Warpainting

You mean this?!?!?! Yeah. Me too.

Warpainting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Warpainting

[QUOTE="Warpainting"]When does Uncharted 3 come out? This and Killzone are my top 2011 picks. Really want that Sharp Shooter gun for Killzone! gamerfan85

You mean this?!?!?! Yeah. Me too.

Yep! That would be the piece.