ps360 controllers

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Curti2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Curti2
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
It is not a secret that many people arn't fond of the PS3 controller. Now I was wondering if there was a market for the homemade controller with the 360 controller shell with the PS3 guts. If so, what price would you pay for one? (Keep in mind the cost of a new PS3 controller plus a nonfunctioning 360 controller plus a few spare parts)
Katz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Katz
Member since 2002 • 215 Posts
I like the PS3 Controller better then the 360's. I don't see the problem...
dizzykim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 dizzykim
Member since 2005 • 721 Posts
I like the analog sticks on the 360 controller, but other than that I prefer the DS3.
sam_nintendo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 sam_nintendo
Member since 2005 • 2066 Posts

Ben Heckendorn already did it.

http://benheck.com/04-14-2007/ps360-controller

VVatson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 VVatson
Member since 2006 • 714 Posts

It is not a secret that many people arn't fond of the PS3 controller.Curti2

Are you serious? I was not aware of that at all. I love the playstation controllers, they are way better than the 360 controllers in my opinion. I tried playing my friend's 360 and my hands were cramping up in like 5 minutes of playing, plus it seems so off balance. The playstation controllers are brilliant.

Panthermattnyc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 Panthermattnyc
Member since 2008 • 241 Posts

I like the PS3 Controller better then the 360's. I don't see the problem...Katz

Agreed. I have always preferred the PS controller to the XBox ones. In every regard. That's just my opinion, though.

swamplord666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 swamplord666
Member since 2007 • 1873 Posts
well the playstation design is great. Only thing i dislike is the L2 and R2 button. apart from that it's fine. Only thing i prefer the 360 controller for is shooters.
CrytekSamuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 CrytekSamuel
Member since 2008 • 291 Posts
I love the 360 controller, but the PS3 controller is just fine. I would be interested in buying a PS360 controller, but I wouldn't pay any more then what PS3 controllers cost.
Power_Sentai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Power_Sentai
Member since 2008 • 186 Posts

I'm Surprised Third Party Companies have not switched the D-Pad on the left stick already, it should be simple enough.

Not that i ould buy one, i find the 360 controller awkward and unconformable, i can't see how anybody can stand using it.........

FF6fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 FF6fan
Member since 2007 • 1637 Posts

People aren't fond of PS3 controllers haha.... if thats the case man they must've hated the PS1 and PS2 controller. I guess Sony doesn't lysten to demand :roll:

MFazio23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MFazio23
Member since 2003 • 5683 Posts
I've owned a PSX, a PS2 and now a PS3, but I do like the 360 controllers a bit more. I wouldn't pay any large sum for one of those, though. I wouldn't mind seeing it sold, however.
shaunchgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 shaunchgo
Member since 2006 • 4605 Posts
I prefer the 360 controllers for shooters (just feels natural). I'm getting better aquainted with the PS3 controller since I just sent my 360 in for repairs over the weekend.
Curti2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Curti2
I know he did, and he also said that he isnt going to fill any orders for any more....
coochie_kuta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 coochie_kuta
Member since 2003 • 660 Posts
the 360 controller is damn near perfect. i use it in my pc gaming except for shooters because i freaking hate dual analog in shooters. other than that it works for everything.
Curti2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Curti2
sorry forgot to quote the guy who referred me to ben
Curti2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Curti2

People aren't fond of PS3 controllers haha.... if thats the case man they must've hated the PS1 and PS2 controller. I guess Sony doesn't lysten to demand :roll:

FF6fan

OK than would I be more correct by saying that more people like the 360 Controller better than the PS3 controller? All my PS owning buddies agree with me on that

FF6fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 FF6fan
Member since 2007 • 1637 Posts
[QUOTE="FF6fan"]

Curti2

OK than would I be more correct by saying that more people like the 360 Controller better than the PS3 controller? All my PS owning buddies agree with me on that

360 controller is better for some games just as PS3 controllers is better for some games(same thing goes with Wii games). The only thing i ever heard about the Sixaxis that is bad is that it's to light(fixed with the DS3) and your fingers slip off the triggers. Some of my friend's say that GTAIV control scheme is* smoother than 360 control scheme, does that make it fact no its just a matter of what your personality is.
RahKayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 RahKayne
Member since 2003 • 3436 Posts

people do not like the sixaxis as much as the DS3.

DS3 owns all controllers, in everything. Sixaxis < 360 controller ONLY for FPS's, but DS3 is a little wider and provides enough space so that your hand will not bump and that you don't have to have the analog sticks situated like the 360.

xboxfreak1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 xboxfreak1
Member since 2004 • 461 Posts

first off, let me say yes my name is "xboxfreak1" but I do own a ps2, ps3, xbox, xbox 360, ds, and a wii, so i'm not biased, but I must say that I love the 360 controller way more. The playstation controller has no where for you fingers to wrap around underneath which feels awkward, and your index fingers don't naturally wrap around the triggers, but instead R1 and L1. I like how the on the 360 controller, you primarily wrap around the triggers and then secondary you can bump the bumpers to throw grenades, etc. But that's just my 2 cents

Edit: also, the ps3 controller's analog sticks are too tall, but like other people have mentioned are better for some games than others.

BoobyUnger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 BoobyUnger
Member since 2004 • 1305 Posts

It is not a secret that many people arn't fond of the PS3 controller. Now I was wondering if there was a market for the homemade controller with the 360 controller shell with the PS3 guts. If so, what price would you pay for one? (Keep in mind the cost of a new PS3 controller plus a nonfunctioning 360 controller plus a few spare parts)Curti2

i very much dislike the 360 controller because the joysticks are not even and the button config makes it to hard to hit the buttons fast enough like the ps3 ds3. the only 1 thing that ps3 controller needs is better grip because it sometimes slips outta my hands XD.

Kruegmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#21 Kruegmeister
Member since 2003 • 539 Posts
I like the PS3 controllers better. I think the 360 controller is trying to compensate for something...