PS3 wont show up on TV - NEED HELP PLEASE!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

danieI100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 danieI100
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
Hi guys, ive hit a problem with my ps3 and its a 60gb model and i do not have the yellow light of death. i need some advise from you guys to help me out. ok heres the problem: My ps3 is switching on fine and when i connect it up to the tv i put in both the HDMI cable and the AV cable. when i go to the channel that i would use to go on my ps3, the picture doesn't show up and the tv says "no device connected" it says the same on all the AV and HDMI channels. also, when i go to switch it off by the power button it takes around 13 seconds to switch off which is unusual. ive tried the thing where you hold down the power button for ten seconds but nothing shows up on the tv and the ps3 eventually switches off. PLEASE HELP WITH THIS PROBLEM. i dont know if the PS3 has gone faulty or something else has happened... please reply on this post to help me out. thank you!
Avatar image for _SOULtoSQUEEZE_
_SOULtoSQUEEZE_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 _SOULtoSQUEEZE_
Member since 2007 • 1495 Posts

is it a new TV?

davidkamayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 davidkamayor
Member since 2008 • 1642 Posts

Hi guys, ive hit a problem with my ps3 and its a 60gb model and i do not have the yellow light of death. i need some advise from you guys to help me out. ok heres the problem: My ps3 is switching on fine and when i connect it up to the tv i put in both the HDMI cable and the AV cable. when i go to the channel that i would use to go on my ps3, the picture doesn't show up and the tv says "no device connected" it says the same on all the AV and HDMI channels. also, when i go to switch it off by the power button it takes around 13 seconds to switch off which is unusual. ive tried the thing where you hold down the power button for ten seconds but nothing shows up on the tv and the ps3 eventually switches off. PLEASE HELP WITH THIS PROBLEM. i dont know if the PS3 has gone faulty or something else has happened... please reply on this post to help me out. thank you! danieI100

maybe its set on the wrong resolution if u hold down power or somethin it changes it

joebutler18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 joebutler18
Member since 2009 • 54 Posts
try blowing into the hdmi cable to get dust out make sure you r on the right channel lol have you connected a ps3 b4 if not trying tunning it in if you got sumtin else that supports hdmi cable like another console (xbox 360) plug that in to see if it works if it does then its the ps3 hope this helps you out
mushi799

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 mushi799
Member since 2006 • 1163 Posts

Did you turn on the tv?

oajlu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#6 oajlu
Member since 2006 • 2652 Posts

try to hold power button as long as possible when turning it on.. you need to reset it, i think. I had similar problem before.

starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 starwarsjunky
Member since 2009 • 24765 Posts
you dont need the av cables, JUST the hdmi.
mattuk69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 mattuk69
Member since 2009 • 3050 Posts

Have you set your TV to HDMI and not AV1, AV2 etc. Sometimes on mine aswell when i set it to HDMI it wont display so i have to choose HDMI setting again until PS3 display shows.

jjivey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9 jjivey
Member since 2010 • 1354 Posts

try to hold power button as long as possible when turning it on.. you need to reset it, i think. I had similar problem before.

oajlu

do this and hold it until the PS3 beeps. Should take about 5 seconds. This reset the video settings. You have to do this to switch from HD TV to Standard TV as well. I have to do this all the time when the wife kicks me off the HD tv so she can watch The Biggest Loser :roll:

Gotwald19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Gotwald19
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
I have the same Ps3 with the same exact problems. Have you gotten anywhere with it?
coolkid93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#11 coolkid93
Member since 2007 • 6749 Posts
Try switching the TV off for at least 10 seconds and then try turning it back on. You don't need an AV cable plugged in also if it's playing through the HDMI cable. That could possibly help also, I'm not sure. If that doesn't work, unplug the HDMI cable from the port (at least 10 seconds again w/ps3 off), plug it back in, and try turning the ps3 on again. Still doesn't work, try plugging the HDMI cable to another HDMI port. It could possibly be the HDMI port. Never know though. Is the TV new? If you just bought it and still got the waranty for it, send that puppy back and get a new one.
Laranjeira69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Laranjeira69
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

I had this problem today, I phoned the Playstation Services in my country (Portugal) and they said exactly this.

»Turn on your ps3, then turn off

»place the finger in the on button and dont take it until you listen the third/fourth beep (i say 3/4, because they are 2 beeps faster)

»it will show up a menu and you'll choose the "Rebuild (something)" and have to wait. until finish..

»turn off power (not on the "on" button) and then the ps3 will ask to re-catch all data. wait until gets 100%.

THE PS3 IS WORKING

:)

(sory for my bad english)

crashndash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 crashndash
Member since 2007 • 1171 Posts
[QUOTE="Laranjeira69"]

I had this problem today, I phoned the Playstation Services in my country (Portugal) and they said exactly this.

»Turn on your ps3, then turn off

»place the finger in the on button and dont take it until you listen the third/fourth beep (i say 3/4, because they are 2 beeps faster)

»it will show up a menu and you'll choose the "Rebuild (something)" and have to wait. until finish..

»turn off power (not on the "on" button) and then the ps3 will ask to re-catch all data. wait until gets 100%.

THE PS3 IS WORKING

:)

(sory for my bad english)

yea i had to do a simular thing a few weeks ago, although i lost all my data :P lol but now it works like brand new
john410123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 john410123
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
so what do i do when im using my HDMI cords and my ps3 wont show up on tv. i never had this problem before my ps3 wont even shutdown and its real quiet. can any1 help me?
clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

With the PS3 turned off and connected to the TV hold down the power button until you hear a 2nd beep, about 5-6 seconds. This resets the Video output to the TVs video setting. You then have to select yes keep settings on the screen.

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

so what do i do when im using my HDMI cords and my ps3 wont show up on tv. i never had this problem before my ps3 wont even shutdown and its real quiet. can any1 help me?john410123

Are you serious?! Unplug and plug it back in your PS3 then hold down the power button until you hear a 2nd beep and select yes keep setting.

PumpkinBoogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#17 PumpkinBoogie
Member since 2006 • 3375 Posts
you dont need the av cables, JUST the hdmi. starwarsjunky
This. You don't need 2 different input connections. You're probably confusing your poor PS3 that and that's why you're not seeing anything. Pull out the A/V cable, press and hold your power button for a soft reset of video settings and let your PS3 automatically detect HDMI hookup. If there's nothing wrong w/ the HDMI cable then your picture should come in. If not, as others have said try the HDMI cable w/ other device/console that can hook to your tv and see if the cable hasn't went bad. Another thing you can try....b/c I've had this happen before when I've lost my picture on my HDMI connection, turn your system off and turn off your tv--while your HDMI cable is hooked up--then actually go to your power outlet and unplug your tv. Leave it unplugged for about 15-20 seconds or so, then plug it back in and turn it on. Turn your system on your PS3 (you can do soft reset of your settings by holding your power button, if you haven't already), it should show the picture back.