Ps3 stopped reading disc!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Kokain81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Kokain81
Member since 2006 • 138 Posts

Hey all

I have had my ps3 for less than a year now, no complaints love the little bugger. Last night after buying socom and installing the data it stopped working.... Well it worked after the install but stopped reading any kind of disc after that. Now it is a class lemon.. What should i do... i have a bunch of psn network games on there... and dnt want to lose my stuff. The only thing i can think that might have cause the problem was socom itself. It read corrupt data and had to delete it.... Any ideas lads?

Dan_Lero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 Dan_Lero
Member since 2006 • 7487 Posts
My best guess is to ring up Sony, check their site or any manuals for a number. If you do have to send it off to Sony, you will be able to to back up any of your data and saves.
Unknown_Hero3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Unknown_Hero3
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts
the very thing happend to me...say bye to your ps3 for a month :cry:
fsurb28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 fsurb28
Member since 2008 • 1329 Posts
sorry to here that, my ps3 60gb stopped reading disc 2 weeks ago (had it for a year), sent it in and will have it back this wednesday............
Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Scianix-Black
Member since 2008 • 19297 Posts

lol, Oh man.

Threads like these becoming more frequent is starting to worry me a bit.

Kokain81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Kokain81
Thanks for the replys lads, how do i backup my sutff? i have probably 100bucks in downloaded content....
Unknown_Hero3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Unknown_Hero3
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts
well if you bought stuff in your account it will still be there in you downloads list when you get back your account
Kokain81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Kokain81
Alright that was a big concern, so really i can go to my buddies house and dl all my stuff onto his ps3?
Phearz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Phearz
Member since 2004 • 97 Posts
When you buy something from the PSN you get five downloads of it (thanks DRM...). So you will have to waste another 1 for each of the downloads you own, but you will be able to.

This is the red ring of death equivalent for PS3 folks. Two of my friends who have PS3s had this happen to them and I fear it as well which is why I encourage everybody to get 3rd party warranties. Sony's is only for a year and dust voids it... :O That's ridiculous. Anyway I recommended Future Shop where I got mine, you can get 3 years and it covers basically everything.