PS3 Slim just shut off and won't turn on!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Dudka26 (249 posts) -

I swear the clock struck midnight tonight and the PS3 just turned off. The red light is on like normal when it's off... but I can't turn it back on. It boots up and then off again. I held down the button to turn it on and managed to get the disc out (gamefly...thank god it came out). The system is about a year old. I have to check the reciept in the morning.

Any advise? No YLOD yet.

#2 Posted by katana_duo (1751 posts) -
Could be a bad power supply. leave it off for a moment and try again. (if you haven't yet)
#3 Posted by blaze_adeel (932 posts) -
PARENTAL LOCK??
#4 Posted by Nate_ (205 posts) -

Try plugging it on a different socket, the socket might be acting up. :)

#5 Posted by Matthew-first (3012 posts) -

Aaaaaaaaa hackers! xD bwahaha...

#6 Posted by Dudka26 (249 posts) -

I gave it a try this morning before work and it fired right up. Hopefully, I won't become friends with the YLOD!

#7 Posted by blaze_adeel (932 posts) -

I gave it a try this morning before work and it fired right up. Hopefully, I won't become friends with the YLOD!

Dudka26

i think its parental lock check again tonite if it turns off again at midnight then its definately parental lock

#8 Posted by Dudka26 (249 posts) -

It went off again today during the day. I did look under parental lock... even though I'm a 26 year old guy. haha. It asked for a four digit pin... which I have no idea (assuming it's some default thing if I never set it to begin with). But, because it went off again after a few minutes I think it's the beginning of the end.

#9 Posted by redskins2156 (2553 posts) -

The default pin usually is 0000

It went off again today during the day. I did look under parental lock... even though I'm a 26 year old guy. haha. It asked for a four digit pin... which I have no idea (assuming it's some default thing if I never set it to begin with). But, because it went off again after a few minutes I think it's the beginning of the end.

Dudka26

#11 Posted by Dudka26 (249 posts) -

It used to happen to me after I got Rising Dead 2. I decided to delete all Rising Dead 2 data and save files from my PS3 and it never happen again, ever. It was that game that was causing problems for some reason. I never playedt that game again after I deleted alldata and save files (I sold it).Hope that helps you.

NukePistols
Interesting. I'll delete all Bioshock 2 data and pull it out of the cubby and see what happens. Thanks everyone.
#12 Posted by Nuck81 (6042 posts) -
It's the hackers, they have control of your PS3
#13 Posted by Dudka26 (249 posts) -
[QUOTE="NukePistols"]

It used to happen to me after I got Rising Dead 2. I decided to delete all Rising Dead 2 data and save files from my PS3 and it never happen again, ever. It was that game that was causing problems for some reason. I never playedt that game again after I deleted alldata and save files (I sold it).Hope that helps you.

Dudka26
Interesting. I'll delete all Bioshock 2 data and pull it out of the cubby and see what happens. Thanks everyone.

Alright, I've logged about 5 hours of time with the system on; some gaming and some just letting it sit idle. All Bioshock 2 data has been deleted and it's pulled from the cubby. Wonder why it could be the Bioshock 2 data? Anyways, nice call so far. Thanks again everyone.
#14 Posted by Krypt_Kreeper (282 posts) -
I've experienced alot of glitches and freezes with BS2 but never had my PS3 shut off like how your describing. Too bad cause despite it's problems, BS2 is a great game.