PS3 running hot....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Mr_Abandon (1120 posts) -
ive noticed that my ps3 is running a little hot, its a open area, does anyone elses run a little hot? sorry im just paraniod cuz i used to be a xbox owner, and do the fan stands cause any damage to the ps3? thanks
#2 Posted by truenextgen (3911 posts) -

ive noticed that my ps3 is running a little hot, its a open area, does anyone elses run a little hot? sorry im just paraniod cuz i used to be a xbox owner, and do the fan stands cause any damage to the ps3? thanksMr_Abandon

No it fine. On the right side "when laying sideways" it should be melting hot. Thats normal. Its blowing out on that side. And yea its alot of heat. More then anything last gen by far. But it takes it well so. And it not all balled up inside their.

You still wanna give it room on all sides to.

#3 Posted by Mr_Abandon (1120 posts) -
it has room on all sides, but i still kinda want the fan stand to help and it looks cool, does anyone know if they are good, can they cause any problems? cuz i had the 360 intercooler and it caused problems
#4 Posted by bushidotu (1495 posts) -

I have mines in my room and it makes my room hot as hell lol

#5 Posted by onthalookout (1123 posts) -
I got mine horizontal w/ a laptop coolers that raise it up and it's hot, yes. Like a small space heater but my fan is never loud.
#6 Posted by Mr_Abandon (1120 posts) -
how much warrenty does sony give you on the ps3? a year?
#7 Posted by truenextgen (3911 posts) -

I got mine horizontal w/ a laptop coolers that raise it up and it's hot, yes. Like a small space heater but my fan is never loud.onthalookout

Yea its quite thow "quit quite?" I will hear the fan just a bit after many hours, when it hits that 3rd speed. You can faintly hear it on the second setting. Whatever speed that is? Mine will sometimes hit the second speed within a half hour, sometimes not for 3 hours? But its rare for it to crank up all the way. Like I said, only after hours.

#8 Posted by Mr_Abandon (1120 posts) -
anyone?
#9 Posted by truenextgen (3911 posts) -

anyone?Mr_Abandon

In basic, my been running hot "as all do" for over a year. Its had some play times of 12+ hours many times. And it was hot after 3 of those. So I would say, you can relax and just game.

#10 Posted by onthalookout (1123 posts) -
The Sony warranty is a year bro, but Sony has taken in cases passed a year long as buyer pays shipping etc.. I wouldn't worry about vertical or horizontal or it being hot that's normal. Id worry if your fan comes on a lot, or unusally loud, freezing up etc.. With the laptop cooler my ps3 horizontal I have NEVER heard the fan speed up, beside when I did the 40gb fan test (where you flip the rear switch while holding down the touchpad front switch). But yea it's hot, it heats up my whole room like bushido said. Try a laptop cooler that mean's basically all side have airflow.
#11 Posted by Zionborn (63 posts) -
Haven't had mine for that long but it's in an enclosed area/cabinet (i do open the glass door when i run the PS3 however) and doesn't get that hot. Noise level is quite good also.
#12 Posted by fizzlegloop (692 posts) -
my ps3 runs hot if i play on it for like 5 hours. i havent done that lately though because of soccer and school. it is very good though. my ps3 doesnt over heat however it heats my room nicely in the summer and my basement nicely in the winter.
#13 Posted by ck02623 (1303 posts) -
I don't understand, mine doesn't run hot at all o.O no joke
#14 Posted by Mr_Abandon (1120 posts) -
my ps3 disk drive is making werid noises while im playing games, is this normal?
#15 Posted by FlashCharge (2239 posts) -
I know being a previous 360 owner how you feel. However, the PS3 is no xbox 360 and it is very stable. Every piece of technology gets hot even my computer. But if you have given it enough spade you are in great shape. Try and relax and just enjoy the experience.
#16 Posted by ssandoval83 (25 posts) -
Yea my ps3 slim 160GB does heat up a little but thats only after playing 5+ hours of Games
#17 Posted by 123games4all (25 posts) -
my husbands ps3 is running hot and now COD:Black OPS Zombies will not load? We baught another one bc we thaught it was the game but the new one does the same thing. Anyone know why it is doing this? Can something be wrong with our ps3 and if so can it be fixed?
#18 Posted by Vari3ty (11111 posts) -

Why are people reviving a thread from 2008?

#19 Posted by MethodManFTW (26144 posts) -

Why are people reviving a thread from 2008?

Vari3ty
my guess would be if you google 'my ps3 is running hot' this is one of the first few results.