This topic is locked from further discussion.

muffbm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 muffbm
Member since 2008 • 59 Posts
My PS3 (less then a year old) just recently and randomly stopped playing games and blueray disks. Has anybody run into this problem and is there a quick fix? The system plays DVD's without a problem. Is this a send to Song and wait 6 months before I get it back?
burock76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 burock76
Member since 2008 • 1220 Posts
It's not the Blu-ray lens problem if I'm not mistaken. That would be bad. Are these blu-rays the ones you used to play with no problem before?
muffbm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 muffbm
Yeah, the same games I have played time in time out. I think I didn't use my PS3 for about 2 weeks and then this happened. It give me a error message same it can't read the disk.
thaoimage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 thaoimage
Member since 2008 • 120 Posts
I've recently had that problem and had to send my ps3 into the repair center in Laredo TX... If I were you, I'd go to the PS forums and submit a support ticket. They'll send you a coffin in 3 days... you send it in, they send you a refurbished one granted, it is still in warrantly and have not been tampered with or modified. It took about 9 days to get my ps3 back from when I first called customer service. I'd do it as soon as possible.
muffbm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 muffbm
Thank you for the help. But really, less than a year old and having this problem...Sony has to get there S$%# together.
thaoimage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 thaoimage

Thank you for the help. But really, less than a year old and having this problem...Sony has to get there S$%# together.muffbm

Yeah really. They do need to get their chit together. In any case, the refurbished system that you get from Sony comes with a 90 day warranty or if your original warranty is greater than that, it will supercede the 90 day. You should be able to get your system back in a little over a week 7-10 business days.

dingo-rides-kx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 dingo-rides-kx
Member since 2005 • 54 Posts
just had mine stop playing everything two days ago, it shows me the disc icon and thats it. Question? did you recently get Little Big Planet cause I did about two days before my system stopped working.driving myself nuts trying too get it working
opi-14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 opi-14
Member since 2003 • 516 Posts

My PS3 60gb since Dec 2006, No problem...if there bad software has glitches or few freezed.

I bought Assassin's Creed from EBgames shop. I noticed the bad software has glitches and freezed. I finished the game then sale to EBgames.

next time, I make sure on forum rumour bad software has glitches or freeze. I won't buy it .

this bad

-Fallout 3

-Assassin's Creed

watchout and be careful with PS3.

muffbm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 muffbm
Thanks for the help! Ok so I am upset that my PS3 has stopped responding but I do have to give Song props for their customer service. A few hours later and I have already opened a service ticket and a guess the shipping information is being sent out tomorrow. Question: I found my original receipt and I noticed I bought (which I usually never buy) the service plan through Circuit City. It is good for 2 years and I also opened a ticket though them. Which should I use, and if I use the Sony warranty does this void the CC warranty because of a new serial number?
muffbm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 muffbm
I did not buy Little Big Planet. Sorry but you should open a ticket ASAP.
thaoimage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 thaoimage

Thanks for the help! Ok so I am upset that my PS3 has stopped responding but I do have to give Song props for their customer service. A few hours later and I have already opened a service ticket and a guess the shipping information is being sent out tomorrow. Question: I found my original receipt and I noticed I bought (which I usually never buy) the service plan through Circuit City. It is good for 2 years and I also opened a ticket though them. Which should I use, and if I use the Sony warranty does this void the CC warranty because of a new serial number?muffbm

I believe that circuit city would want you to go through Sony first if it is still in warranty. After the first year, then circuit is responsible for the extended warranty on the console. You should call your local circuit city and check with them. If I were you, I'd prepare for the long boring wait till you get your ps3 back. It was the worst week of my life... sad to say.

muffbm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 muffbm

[QUOTE="muffbm"]Thanks for the help! Ok so I am upset that my PS3 has stopped responding but I do have to give Song props for their customer service. A few hours later and I have already opened a service ticket and a guess the shipping information is being sent out tomorrow. Question: I found my original receipt and I noticed I bought (which I usually never buy) the service plan through Circuit City. It is good for 2 years and I also opened a ticket though them. Which should I use, and if I use the Sony warranty does this void the CC warranty because of a new serial number?thaoimage

I believe that circuit city would want you to go through Sony first if it is still in warranty. After the first year, then circuit is responsible for the extended warranty on the console. You should call your local circuit city and check with them. If I were you, I'd prepare for the long boring wait till you get your ps3 back. It was the worst week of my life... sad to say.

I think that you are correct, I am going to stick with Sony for right now. #1 because Sony was so much easier to deal with. #2 because of the warranty on my PS3. The thing that really makes me mad is that I bought a 2 year protection plan from Circuit City and I really only bought a 1 year protection plan because of the PS 1 year warranty. What a scam, I guess I should just keep that in mind next time. Also with the CC protection plan you have to send EVERYTHING back. With the Sony warranty you need to just send the console back. Whatever. Thank you for your help.