PS3 on computer screen...best size?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

xBIGHITTERx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 xBIGHITTERx
Member since 2009 • 27 Posts

I am looking into getting a computer monitor to play my ps3 on in my room. A few friends have said 22 incher would be more than fine but i am doubting that it'll be big enough from going from a tv. Any comments appreciated...:]

yentlequible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 yentlequible
Member since 2009 • 2620 Posts

I use my computer moniter to play my ps3 on. Mine is an asus 24 inch that supports 1080p and hdmi. I think 22 inch would be a bit too small for me though

rahul_batta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 rahul_batta
Member since 2004 • 1363 Posts
is it possible to do on a laptop? cause i would love to take my ps3 to uni and play
TehSonofUgly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 TehSonofUgly
Member since 2008 • 1643 Posts

is it possible to do on a laptop? cause i would love to take my ps3 to uni and playrahul_batta

If the laptop had HDMI compliant input then yeah.

barn_acles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 barn_acles
Member since 2009 • 109 Posts

I am looking into getting a computer monitor to play my ps3 on in my room. A few friends have said 22 incher would be more than fine but i am doubting that it'll be big enough from going from a tv. Any comments appreciated...:]

xBIGHITTERx
Depends where your going to be sitting. You mention it doubling as a computer monitor? Are you going to be sitting at a desk? If so, 22 inches will be more then enough. I used to play at my desk on my 19 until I upgraded to my 40 bravia. However, if you play on sitting at a distance you might wanna think a bit bigger. 22 inches is hard to see across a room, specially if your playing a video game that requires constant concentration.
BZSIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 BZSIN
Member since 2005 • 7889 Posts

I use a 24" monitor. It's fine if you're sitting 3-5' away, but any more than that and it's not that great. If you're just gonna be sat at a computer desk then I'd say anything from 19"+ is fine.

falconzss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 falconzss
Member since 2005 • 755 Posts

i'm currently using a 24" 1080p screen and it's perfectly fine IMO. i also tried my dad's 22" 1080p screen and i had no problems with that, even though i recommend a 24" screen or bigger.

Adziboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 Adziboy
Member since 2007 • 10187 Posts

i'm currently using a 24" 1080p screen and it's perfectly fine IMO. i also tried my dad's 22" 1080p screen and i had no problems with that, even though i recommend a 24" screen or bigger.

falconzss
This. I have the same setup and it works fine - I'm a pretty 'hardcore' gamer and it suits me fine. Not too small by faarrr.
4nia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 4nia
Member since 2009 • 179 Posts

hmm how do you get sound when using the computer monitor though?

Spy_106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Spy_106
Member since 2005 • 712 Posts
There is a HDMI to DVI cable that what I use for my Samsung 2235BW I think it's 22Inch And for the sound I use the sound cables that came with the PS3 and with a adaptor I put the white and red in the adapter and then put it in the sound system I can't recall the name
planbfreak4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 planbfreak4eva
Member since 2006 • 2856 Posts

[QUOTE="rahul_batta"]is it possible to do on a laptop? cause i would love to take my ps3 to uni and playTehSonofUgly

it wont be possible, coz on laptops its output, not input, meaning u can transfer ur image to the tv via hdmi, but not plug in ur ps3 to laptop, that doesnt work...
idk761

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 idk761
Member since 2008 • 3229 Posts
[QUOTE="TehSonofUgly"]

[QUOTE="rahul_batta"]is it possible to do on a laptop? cause i would love to take my ps3 to uni and playplanbfreak4eva

it wont be possible, coz on laptops its output, not input, meaning u can transfer ur image to the tv via hdmi, but not plug in ur ps3 to laptop, that doesnt work...

I will confirm what he said, because I looked it up about connecting my laptop to ps2, but the only way is through some capture video card thing that is a lot of money, and will always be down in fps