PS3 NAT Failure!!! HEELLPP!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for UndefinedRealit
UndefinedRealit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 UndefinedRealit
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
It started midnight, last night. I was playing TF DOTM when at the top right it said "An Error Has Occurred You've Been signed Out of Playstation Network (Error Code 80028E01). I have looked EVERYWHERE on Google and can't find a single piece of information about that error code or how to resolve it. I am unable to sign in to PSN or use any form of the internet. I have done every suggested action accept calling support. I want to see if anyone from Gamespt can help. Also, the PC internet works fine, and same with the Wii. I'm not very familiar with all the NAT and the UPNP stuff and other settings, but based off the Connection status, I'm sure it ahs something to do with NAT. Niether do I know what NAT type I have since this is the first time I've ever even heard of that.. We also have wireless internet... -----Settings and Connections Status List--- Internet Connection - Enabled Connection Method - Wireless Signal Strength - 92% (but does it matter?) SSID - xxxx (does it matter?) BSSID - XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX (does it matter???) Channel - 6 Security - XXXX-XXX(XXX) (Does it matter?) Address Settings - Automatic IP Address - XXX.XXX.X.XXX (does it matter??????) Subnet Mask - XXX.XXX.XXX.X (matter?) Default Router/Primary DNS/ Secondary DNS/ MAC Address - (Do any of those matter?) MTU - Automatic Proxy Server - Do Not Use UPnP - Available NAT Type - Failed ---Connection Test--- IP Address - Succeeded Internet Connection - Failed After that it stops checking anything else and says at the bottom of the screen : The connection to the server has timed out (80028E01) Hope someone can help. Thanks in advance.
Vanillamarble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Vanillamarble
Member since 2011 • 232 Posts
I had that same problem a while ago. I just left my PS3 off for a couple days and next time i turned it on, it worked again. Hope that helps.
jordonj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 jordonj
Member since 2010 • 1069 Posts
In the context of networking NAT stands for Network Address Translation. A definition from Wiki...

In computer networking, network address translation (NAT) is the process of modifying IP address information in IP packet headers while in transit across a traffic routing device. The simplest type of NAT provides a one to one translation of IP addresses. RFC 2663 refers to this type of NAT as basic NAT. It is often also referred to as one-to-one NAT. In this type of NAT only the IP addresses, IP header checksum and any higher level checksums that include the IP address need to be changed. The rest of the packet can be left untouched (at least for basic TCP/UDP functionality, some higher level protocols may need further translation). Basic NATs can be used when there is a requirement to interconnect two IP networks with incompatible addressing.

You might try rebooting your Cable/DSL Modem and Router (if you are using one and I assume you are...)