PS3 my next big purchase few game questions

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Mr_Wes32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Mr_Wes32
Member since 2007 • 354 Posts

okay so a new TV and a PS3 is gonna be my next big purchase. and the main games i'm interested in are all sequels and what not: MGS4, Resistance 2, and Fallout 3.
and i was wondering if these are games that I can just pick up and get into without playing the previous games or should I just go ahead and fork out the extra cash to pick them up. It'll probably be a challenge to find the first 3 MGS games though. but yeah any help is welcome and also any more game recs would be cool too.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

Fallout 3 is a pick up and play game. I think there's stuff that alludes to the previous games, but nothing story-wise. Resistance I'm not so sure about, but it would probably be better to pick up the first one. MGS4, while I have never played it or any of the other ones, does rely on the previous 3 if I'm not mistaken. As for getting your hands on all 3 of them, you are in luck: http://www.amazon.com/Metal-Gear-Solid-Collection-Playstation-2/dp/B001383L36/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1234822788&sr=8-2

Avatar image for Nocturnal_Speed
Nocturnal_Speed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Nocturnal_Speed
Member since 2008 • 1663 Posts
MGS: The Essential Collection
Resistance: Fall of Man
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion G.o.t.Y
MotorStorm: Pacific Rift
Little Big Planet (which is pretty sweet just started playing it)
Bioshock
Grand Turismo 5: Prologue
Mr_Wes32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Mr_Wes32
sweet its only 27.00 i'll get right on that thanks. and i'll give a look at some of those games nocturnal mention. i played little big planet at this music festival a while back it was pretty fun and didnt like bioshock on the 360 don't think it'll be any different on PS3. but thanks for your help. I'll look through the recommendation thread too
Cyphus07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 Cyphus07
Member since 2007 • 189 Posts
MGS4 ...imo, doesn't require the previous installments to get the gist of whats going on. I didn't play any of the others and still enjoyed and could follow what was going on. The game has many many cut scenes and so if you like deep story lines you'll enjoy that game. Fallout 3 requires no previous knowledge it is really its own game and is just fun... though very long much like any other rpg and requires some dedication to get to the fun stuff. Resistance 2 - while i have not played this, i have played the first installment. Its not that great imo, its another first person shooter - i'd recommend going with Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare, a much better game with a wonderful multiplayer online as a bonus and the community for that game is still very strong. I continue to play it. I enjoyed Ninja Gaiden and Deadspace - i'd recommend these titles, with a focus on Deadspace. It is a great 3rd person shooter, it is unique in its presentation and has an interesting story with many awesome weapons and a nice little upgrade system as well as downloadable content to keep you interested. I haven't really got any other recommendations. I did not like Assassins Creed (very repetative) Oblivion was fun, but loses its charm, Ratchet and Clank was a good 1 time play through, Star Wars was a bust, ... and that about covers my collection of games. Call of Duty, Deadspace, MGS4 and Fallout 3 and the upcoming Killzone 2 are my recommendations. All fun, some with online play and they keep you coming back. I don't think the ps3 has too many good quality games yet, most are just ok to me... but those above stand out. Good luck and have fun, grats on the purchase!
Mr_Wes32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Mr_Wes32
i have COD4 on 360 and i dont really want the same games for both systems same for Deadspace. Ninja Gaiden is cool though so if I find that cheap I might get it. I agree with you about Assassins Creed didn't like that either. and oh yeah Killzone 2 is getting a lot of hype thats a possibility. and I would get street fighter iv but picking that up for 360 wednesday. goodness seems like i'll be spending all the money I get back from taxes all at once
Mr_Wes32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Mr_Wes32
oh is LOTR Conquest on PS3 excuse my laziness for not looking it up myself. i was thinking about getting that on 360 but if its on PS3 i'll just wait and get it for that.
EQShaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 EQShaman
Member since 2006 • 604 Posts
oh is LOTR Conquest on PS3 excuse my laziness for not looking it up myself. i was thinking about getting that on 360 but if its on PS3 i'll just wait and get it for that.Mr_Wes32
when i played the demo of lotr it was total rubbish. quake wars too, since we are on the subject.
Mr_Wes32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Mr_Wes32
awww man i had some major fun playing it. my friend picked it up and its pretty cool only the online though the campaign sucked