PS3 Message system is stupid!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jackle2071

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 jackle2071
Member since 2004 • 5477 Posts
Ok it would have been nice if Sony added some kind of a alert when you get a new Mesage from some one. i mean like it plays a sound like the 360 does when ever you get something new from some one! i keep missing messages! Sony whent leaps and bounds above the 360 with alot of things on this system. but im amazed how they missed so many little things!
wilko1971

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 wilko1971
Member since 2007 • 299 Posts
I thought it did, you get a little message in the top right hand corner of the screen
jackle2071

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 jackle2071
I thought it did, you get a little message in the top right hand corner of the screenwilko1971
yeah it does but i mean it needs to play a sound or a chime when you get a new message. i dont want to just stare at the TV for hours waiting for the little box to pop up!
hishkarnib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 hishkarnib
Member since 2005 • 2625 Posts

^^^

only when your online and receive the message

maddogg74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 maddogg74
Member since 2007 • 212 Posts
the message comes up as soon as you get the message you dont have to wait for hours
jackle2071

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 jackle2071
the message comes up as soon as you get the message you dont have to wait for hoursmaddogg74
yeah but doesn't help me if im not looking at my TV now does it? i leave my PS3 on while i work. i get so rapped up in what im doing i dont notice some little text box in the upper right hand corner! it just would have been nice if it played a sound when you get a new message. like almost every other messaging service does.
Vyse_Legends

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Vyse_Legends
Member since 2007 • 9387 Posts

*ding*"You've got message!"

:lol:

hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 hazelnutman
Member since 2007 • 9688 Posts
a huge message at the top-right corner catches my attention more than a little chime which could also come from the game, confusing you more. I'll stick to the messages/
jackle2071

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 jackle2071
you never mind! did you net read a single thing i just wrote? I'm not looking at the TV all the dam time! i have contacts that i like to stay in touch with! but i have other things to do so it be nice to have option to play a chime when i get a message so i can say "oh i have a new message lets go see who it is" you making it sound like that would be a dumb idea to have. where it makes perfect sense
hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 hazelnutman

you never mind! did you net read a single thing i just wrote? I'm not looking at the TV all the dam time! i have contacts that i like to stay in touch with! but i have other things to do so it be nice to have option to play a chime when i get a message so i can say "oh i have a new message lets go see who it is" you making it sound like that would be a dumb idea to have. where it makes perfect sensejackle2071

I agree with you that there should be an option, but why post on the message boards.

Take it up with sony :P

jackle2071

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 jackle2071

[QUOTE="jackle2071"]you never mind! did you net read a single thing i just wrote? I'm not looking at the TV all the dam time! i have contacts that i like to stay in touch with! but i have other things to do so it be nice to have option to play a chime when i get a message so i can say "oh i have a new message lets go see who it is" you making it sound like that would be a dumb idea to have. where it makes perfect sensehazelnutman

I agree with you that there should be an option, but why post on the message boards.

why not? i just like to talk about the pros and cons of everything!
hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 hazelnutman
[QUOTE="hazelnutman"]

[QUOTE="jackle2071"]you never mind! did you net read a single thing i just wrote? I'm not looking at the TV all the dam time! i have contacts that i like to stay in touch with! but i have other things to do so it be nice to have option to play a chime when i get a message so i can say "oh i have a new message lets go see who it is" you making it sound like that would be a dumb idea to have. where it makes perfect sensejackle2071

why not? i just like to talk about the pros and cons of everything!

*cough* that's quite a hobby you got there :D

milan22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 milan22
Member since 2007 • 840 Posts
guys plz shut up! he gave us a gd opinion! just respect him and his GOOD opinion!
shadystxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 shadystxxx
Member since 2005 • 2158 Posts

Ok it would have been nice if Sony added some kind of a alert when you get a new Mesage from some one. i mean like it plays a sound like the 360 does when ever you get something new from some one! i keep missing messages! Sony whent leaps and bounds above the 360 with alot of things on this system. but im amazed how they missed so many little things! jackle2071

I don't see that as a problem,

You still get a warning that a new message has beenrecieved in the top right hand corner of your screen just no sound, i get what your saying as whenever i here that sound on 360 i know someone came online/recieved a message/game invite etc it's helpful.

The problem i have with the community feature's sony offer at present is there so limited, if i get a message i have to pause my game save quit the game read the message and start the game back up, where as on 360 a recieve a message etc i press the guide(home) button it automaticly pauses my game and automaticly opens the new message.

Sony had a year before therelease of the PS3, things like in game messaging should have been implemented from the start, i know its free but so is steam.

I'm assuming home will fix the only problems i have with the ps3 and sort out some good community feature's.

sarmini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 sarmini
Member since 2007 • 2420 Posts
Lol, Im always playing Xbox Live and my friends send me messages and I still dont notice, even with the alert beep :P lol, just too into the game. After rounds Ill check :P
jackle2071

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 jackle2071
guys plz shut up! he gave us a gd opinion! just respect him and his GOOD opinion! milan22
Thank you! im glad some one on here can see the forest through the trees!
dEtHsLaYeR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#17 dEtHsLaYeR
Member since 2007 • 681 Posts

Ok it would have been nice if Sony added some kind of a alert when you get a new Mesage from some one. i mean like it plays a sound like the 360 does when ever you get something new from some one! i keep missing messages! Sony whent leaps and bounds above the 360 with alot of things on this system. but im amazed how they missed so many little things! jackle2071

Lol a little grey box pops up at the right top of the screen. You must be really focused when you play lol.

enygma500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 enygma500
Member since 2005 • 3004 Posts
i agree there should be an OPTION to turn on a chime when you recieve a message. but only optional not something that has to sound
Ocram_Zepol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Ocram_Zepol
Member since 2006 • 1199 Posts

[QUOTE="milan22"]guys plz shut up! he gave us a gd opinion! just respect him and his GOOD opinion! jackle2071

Haha.. well I RESPECT your opinion, but when I'm playing a game the last thing I want is to hear a *ding* or a *dong*... or a *dang*. Maybe if you're not in game... or if you could disable it it would be ok. I guess the only reason I don't like it is because I don't get many messages... haha.

scorching_cool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 scorching_cool
Member since 2004 • 132 Posts
Should be pretty simple to implement,send sony a mail,with a lot of sigs..and hopefully it'll be in the next update!
dEtHsLaYeR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#21 dEtHsLaYeR
Member since 2007 • 681 Posts

[QUOTE="jackle2071"][QUOTE="milan22"]guys plz shut up! he gave us a gd opinion! just respect him and his GOOD opinion! Ocram_Zepol

Haha.. well I RESPECT your opinion, but when I'm playing a game the last thing I want is to hear a *ding* or a *dong*... or a *dang*. Maybe if you're not in game... or if you could disable it it would be ok. I guess the only reason I don't like it is because I don't get many messages... haha.

I would prefer a *dang*, but i dont care much for the *ding* or *dong*

scorching_cool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22 scorching_cool
Member since 2004 • 132 Posts

screw dings dongs and dangs..

Customizable ringtones FTW!

Ocram_Zepol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Ocram_Zepol
Member since 2006 • 1199 Posts

screw dings dongs and dangs..

Customizable ringtones FTW!

scorching_cool

So then can sell them to us for $2.99? no thank you... lol.

gollum007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#24 gollum007
Member since 2005 • 765 Posts
omg why are u whining about such a small thing that hardly matters? if its that bad just check ur message box whenever u log on or whenever u happen to be on the XMB.
Zack313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25 Zack313
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
what do you mean why are we whining about small things that hardly matter? Of course it matters i mean i wish my ps3 would play a ding if i got a message but it should be optional if people don't wanna hear that. Also it is totally stupid how ps3 makes you quit the game when you have recieved a message, i'd have to say the 360 wins on the messaging.