Cataclism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Cataclism
Member since 2007 • 1537 Posts

So I just got a worrisome call from my mother. Apparently she found a weird liquid beneath my PS3 slim which she described has "blueish". (I'm currently away in college and my PS3 stayed behind in my parent's house).

She already cleaned it up but has no idea where it came from.I have no idea if it still works or not. I told her to put it away somewhere with paper towels beneath. Didn't risk telling her to turn it on on the slim chance it's water or some soft drink and wanted it to dry off first.

However I'm positively perplexed by this. I don't know of any liquid inside PS3s so I thought maybe someone spilled something on it but they swear they didn't.

It's a PS3 slim (not the super slim) which hasn't seen much use in the last few months/years. Last time I played something on it was some 2 weeks ago.

Before I write off some kind of hardware failure, is there any issue regarding leaky PS3 slims that I'm not aware of? I believe the slim ps3 is usually quite sturdy...

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

That's the PS3 ghost your describing, he usually comes and plays your PS3 if you haven't used it in a long time.

BH14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 BH14
Member since 2005 • 1927 Posts

You obviously have a leak in the hose. When was the last time you had a tuneup?.... Or it could be the blue gatorade frost that someone accidentally spilled? Taste it.

Cataclism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Cataclism

@BH14: Tasting mystery liquids is not exactly a great idea...

But hose? I wasn't aware of any hose inside the slim

LexLas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 LexLas
Member since 2005 • 7317 Posts

The blu-ray melted. Lol ..

commandokock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 commandokock
Member since 2009 • 502 Posts

she probably spilled her beer on it but doesnt wanna take responsibility so she said it came from your ps3.

Cataclism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Cataclism

I've already been to my parent's home And can now update.

It's definetely not any kind of drink. The ps3 is somehow broken (cracked) around one of the support rubbers on the base (the one under the disc drive) and there actually is a weird liquid coming out. It's blue and left a really hard to remove black Stain on the wood below. It also has a really active smell similar to spray deodorant (reminded me of fresh sprayed axe).

What the hell?!

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

I know, I'm a veterinarian, your PS3 has hemorragic gastro enteritis ( bloody diarhea ).

Ice-Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Ice-Cube
Member since 2003 • 2434 Posts

All jokes and no one helps the poor fella. Your best bet is to call or email Sony. They even have a live chat that could probably help you out. I've used it many times.

Obviously here, no one knows and will just poke fun at ya. Good luck man!

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

@Ice-Cube said:

All jokes and no one helps the poor fella. Your best bet is to call or email Sony. They even have a live chat that could probably help you out. I've used it many times.

Obviously here, no one knows and will just poke fun at ya. Good luck man!

You must be new to the internet, because TC is trolling, just google the problem and its ALL fake crap.

Ice-Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Ice-Cube
Member since 2003 • 2434 Posts

@GTR12: Well I guess I fell for it, haha. It was around 5am, tired, yes I blame sleep. This flew over my head, thanks.

hxce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 593

#13 hxce
Member since 2006 • 2099 Posts

Still no cow jokes, Incredible!