PS3 games, can you name 5?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CrazyIvanIV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 CrazyIvanIV
Member since 2007 • 613 Posts
I want to get a ps3 later today.  I am trading in my x360 and all 30 games.  I had a revilation, as if being plucked out of the matrix that all ms does is take my money, then come up with new ways to take more and contractually bind me to them.  anyway, long story short i want to get a ps3 and a few games.   the games i want currently are.  resistance, oblivion, fight night 3.   can any of you guys name me any good games that are out RIGHT NOW for ps3 that would be entertaining.  i had oblivion and fight night for 360 but i loved them so i want to own them for ps3 so resistance is really gonna be the only new new game i get.  help me think of a few.  (Dont say motorstorm)
Avatar image for deactivated-58405e092ba2c
deactivated-58405e092ba2c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#2 deactivated-58405e092ba2c
Member since 2006 • 2381 Posts

The 3 you named are good. Maybe Motorstorm and the new NBA Street?

WOWZORS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 WOWZORS
Member since 2004 • 484 Posts
Motorstorm, College Hoops or NBA 2k7 are fantastic.
amourkiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#5 amourkiss
Member since 2003 • 1751 Posts

MotorStorm

CrazyIvanIV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 CrazyIvanIV
haha i said dont say motorstorm and everyone said just that... i played motorstorm as the demo and i just was not feelin it.  i also dont like sports games
mrxb0x360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 mrxb0x360
Member since 2005 • 5253 Posts

Virtua Fighter and Motorstorm

I was thinking aboiut doing the same thing, but im really not sure. THe main reason is becasue all my freinds have 360's. I also like the Halo franchise, but i cant think of any other reasons to keep it. What do you tguys think i should do?

smidsy85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 smidsy85
Member since 2005 • 472 Posts
Virtua Tenis 3, Virtua Fighter 5, NBA Street Homecourt, Formula One... There are alot its up to you just look!
CrazyIvanIV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 CrazyIvanIV
thank you smidsey  virtua tennis 3 is just the game i was looking for
Onizuka36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Onizuka36
Member since 2005 • 8295 Posts
I own Virtua Fighter 5, Motorstorm, Resistance, Ridge Racer 7, and Oblivion. That's 5 great games.
vaughnvdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 vaughnvdg
Member since 2003 • 33 Posts
You'll be sorry.....Sony is no different. They only care about YOUR MONEY.
MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#14 MusashiSensi
Member since 2004 • 9584 Posts
Only get motorstorm if you're really into racing games. The game does get really repetitive online and you'll get tired of it after awhile. I'd say put some of your store credit towards spiderman 3. I'd also get nba streets & since there isn't really much to pick out here right now get marvel ultimate alliance. I mean that was my first game back in november, resistance was second & motorstorm was last. Wait for spiderman 3 or put some of your store credit towards it.
Magsec-Uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Magsec-Uk
Member since 2006 • 37 Posts
There isnt much in the way of exclusives on the PS3 im afraid, they are few and very far between, the best at the moment are Resistance and Motorstorm. You are still making the right choice tho as there is still much to offer, tho i have gone with using both consoles as id only go and buy another xbox when mass effect, halo 3 and the next instalments of GOW come out. Then of coars there is always the games you dont hear about that suddenly appear hehe so heres hoping.
Airek49

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 Airek49
Member since 2003 • 1081 Posts
NBA 2K7 or NBA Street Homecourt are both excellent choices.
RASECUL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 RASECUL
Member since 2007 • 405 Posts

I rented them all, I bought: Resistance, Fight Night (You'll love the "Get in the ring" feature :D) Oblivion and NHL2K7.

NBA Street is pretty good as well...

Motorstorm is amazing online. 

hi_rev_kev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 hi_rev_kev
Member since 2006 • 452 Posts
Don't give up on Motorstorm. It's dumb at first but it grows on you, if they pull finger and release some downloable features (which has been promised) then it should be a keeper. DONT get Gengi2, Full Auto2 or Ridge Racer(I don't know why people like that game). Screw it get God of war2. If you plan on hooking up your PS3 online, then all you need is Resistance if you got mates then get Marvel Ultimate Alliance.
RASECUL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 RASECUL
Member since 2007 • 405 Posts

Oh Yea, God of War 1 and 2, absolutely.

rasstarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 rasstarman
Member since 2004 • 852 Posts

I want to get a ps3 later today.  I am trading in my x360 and all 30 games.  I had a revilation, as if being plucked out of the matrix that all ms does is take my money, then come up with new ways to take more and contractually bind me to them.  anyway, long story short i want to get a ps3 and a few games.   the games i want currently are.  resistance, oblivion, fight night 3.   can any of you guys name me any good games that are out RIGHT NOW for ps3 that would be entertaining.  i had oblivion and fight night for 360 but i loved them so i want to own them for ps3 so resistance is really gonna be the only new new game i get.  help me think of a few.  (Dont say motorstorm)CrazyIvanIV

Today you joined gamespot and every thread you created is about about you trading in your 360. Smells like a fakeboy to me.

crck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 crck
Member since 2006 • 2559 Posts
Marvel Alliance,  Call Of Duty 3, Armor Core 4 if you like mech games I guess.
Gordan-Freeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Gordan-Freeman
Member since 2005 • 147 Posts
I'm going with VF5 and Motorstorm. In my eyes those are the two greatest games you can't get on your 360.
VERS1ON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 VERS1ON
Member since 2003 • 1188 Posts
Virtua Fighter 5 and NHL 2k7
bitedcurbnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 bitedcurbnow
Member since 2004 • 1065 Posts
Motorstorm shouldn't really be judged by the demo imo. The track in the demo doesn't really show what the other tracks are like, plus the full game has more awesome vehicles. You owe it to yourself to at least rent Motorstorm once.
The_G00se

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 The_G00se
Member since 2006 • 760 Posts

haha i said dont say motorstorm and everyone said just that... i played motorstorm as the demo and i just was not feelin it.  i also dont like sports gamesCrazyIvanIV

I'm really getting into COD3.  I've heard nice things about Ridge Racer. Check out the demo.

The_G00se

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 The_G00se
Member since 2006 • 760 Posts

You'll be sorry.....Sony is no different. They only care about YOUR MONEY.vaughnvdg

That's why their online play is free.... 

ajefferism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ajefferism
Member since 2006 • 2006 Posts
Motorstorm, Virtua Fighter 5, Marvel Ultimate Alliance, F1 racing game,  all the EA/2K sports games... thats more than five right?
dboy482

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 dboy482
Member since 2004 • 202 Posts

well here are  few things i HIGHLY RECOMMEND before you go spending your money on 5 games

1)since you already played oblivion and fight night, let the price fall, then buy off ebay 2 save even more moeny. thats what im doing because im nat willing 2 pay £50 for sumfin the 360 has had for about a year.

2)1 game at a time - buy resistance 1st, clear it once or twice (or more if u want) then take it online until u are fed up with it.

3)try ur best 2 wait, at least until july(lair) then after august

4) save some money - at least until september anyway, there are some gooood games cumin out then

Avatar image for americahellyeah
americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 americahellyeah
Member since 2006 • 16548 Posts
if you haven't already owned it then COD3, and of course get Motorstorm, and FEAR comes out on the 24th, so that would be a good one to pick up aswell.
Caseytappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Caseytappy
Member since 2005 • 2199 Posts

I highly recommend creating yet another account and Fake some more !

MOOOOhh

NijatHasanly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 NijatHasanly
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
I so far have got 7 games for ps3. First of All Resistance Fall Of Man, VF5, Tonx Hawks Projects 8, Godfather Don Editon (i liked the normal edition for ps2) Def Jam Icon, Full Auto 2 (i didnt know that it was 4.2) Gundam (my friend gave me it but its an awful game). I knew that Oblivion was the best game for ps3 so far but i couldnt find it.MICROSOFT XBOX, XBOX 360 & NINTENDO 'WII' SUCKS SONY PS, PS2, PSP, PPPPPSSSSS33333 RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULE
MERC_RECONN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 MERC_RECONN
Member since 2006 • 2971 Posts

[QUOTE="CrazyIvanIV"]I want to get a ps3 later today.  I am trading in my x360 and all 30 games.  I had a revilation, as if being plucked out of the matrix that all ms does is take my money, then come up with new ways to take more and contractually bind me to them.  anyway, long story short i want to get a ps3 and a few games.   the games i want currently are.  resistance, oblivion, fight night 3.   can any of you guys name me any good games that are out RIGHT NOW for ps3 that would be entertaining.  i had oblivion and fight night for 360 but i loved them so i want to own them for ps3 so resistance is really gonna be the only new new game i get.  help me think of a few.  (Dont say motorstorm)rasstarman

Today you joined gamespot and every thread you created is about about you trading in your 360. Smells like a fakeboy to me.

lol....yeah...he does seem a little suspect, but before we draw conclusions let's give hm a chance.:)

hazuki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#33 hazuki
Member since 2003 • 3959 Posts
Virtua fighter 5, fear, armored core 4 *though, it is a hard game so prepare*, ridge racer 7, and oblivion.
MERC_RECONN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 MERC_RECONN
Member since 2006 • 2971 Posts

I so far have got 7 games for ps3. First of All Resistance Fall Of Man, VF5, Tonx Hawks Projects 8, Godfather Don Editon (i liked the normal edition for ps2) Def Jam Icon, Full Auto 2 (i didnt know that it was 4.2) Gundam (my friend gave me it but its an awful game). I knew that Oblivion was the best game for ps3 so far but i couldnt find it.MICROSOFT XBOX, XBOX 360 & NINTENDO 'WII' SUCKS SONY PS, PS2, PSP, PPPPPSSSSS33333 RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULEZ RULENijatHasanly

wow...:o

JumpingMirrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#35 JumpingMirrior
Member since 2004 • 11495 Posts

5 Games?  No problem.  Resistance, Motorstorm, F1 Championship ( If you are into Racing sims,) Oblivion,  and Virtua Fighter 5.

YOu can also download a version of Tekken...Also isnt Gran Turismo HD avalible for download? 

hazuki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#36 hazuki
Member since 2003 • 3959 Posts

5 Games? No problem. Resistance, Motorstorm, F1 Championship ( If you are into Racing sims,) Oblivion, and Virtua Fighter 5.

YOu can also download a version of Tekken...Also isnt Gran Turismo HD avalible for download?

JumpingMirrior

Yeah, but its just one map with 20 cars you can drive on it. Its more of a demo, than a full fledged game. 

Robotron92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Robotron92
Member since 2007 • 520 Posts
Virtua Fighter 5
Download Tekken5: dark ressurection for $20
Motorstorm
darkmanure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 darkmanure
Member since 2007 • 548 Posts
PS3 boards are suppose to be fanboy thread. As long as he doesn't get overboard with it.
morrow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 morrow4
Member since 2006 • 315 Posts
if you like rpg's then there is Dark Kingdom and Enchanted Arms
Mordred19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Mordred19
Member since 2007 • 8259 Posts

haha i said dont say motorstorm and everyone said just that... i played motorstorm as the demo and i just was not feelin it.  i also dont like sports gamesCrazyIvanIV

motorstorm is awesome, get it. I don't even like racers, never did, but I went out and bought this after playing the demo. I'm lovin it.

Xanog1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#41 Xanog1
Member since 2004 • 12332 Posts
Oblivion, Resistance, Virtua fighter 5, Motorstorm, and maybe a good GTHD download would be good for you.
TheTenth10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 TheTenth10
Member since 2006 • 3087 Posts
Enchanted arms, Marvel ultimate alliance, Tiger Woods 07
callen3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 callen3
Member since 2005 • 1289 Posts
what is a fakeboy? is he trying to encourage ps3 owners?
lilhg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 lilhg
Member since 2005 • 263 Posts
motor storm
Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts
All you need to do is look at my PS3 Tag to see the five I'm currently playing. Resistance is awesome! Ridge Racer 7 is really fun (but no dammage :( ) *$%*#storm is a lot of fun (see... I didn't say it ;) ) Mortal Kombat II... what's not to love? Flow... quirky and fun, but you have to get used to it. Most the other games I want got pushed back. I'm a huge Action/Adventure kind of guy and am looking forward to Tomb Raider Anniversary (PS2 - but playable on PS3), Indiana Jones 2007, Heavenly Sword, Uncharted and many many others. Regardless that I'm not a fan of PS3 bashers... I do have to agree that the PS3 did have a HUGE lack of games for the first few months. Not to mention that 80% of what I was going to buy in the last 4 months got pushed back to the end of the year. :? OH well... the games I want will come out, it's just a matter of time and patients. Welcome to the PS3 family!
Sully28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Sully28
Member since 2003 • 5097 Posts
Motorstorm and virtua fighter. Motorstorm is unbelieveable, you wont be disapointed. The game is 4 times better than the demo.
haseeb_1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#47 haseeb_1989
Member since 2005 • 1322 Posts
Preorder lair or assassins creed.
aznfool07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 aznfool07
Member since 2005 • 3552 Posts
Motorstorm, College Hoops or NBA 2k7 are fantastic.WOWZORS
gs_gear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 gs_gear
Member since 2006 • 3237 Posts
thank you smidsey virtua tennis 3 is just the game i was looking forCrazyIvanIV
Then how come you said you  don't like sports games?:|
Ultra-Alue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Ultra-Alue
Member since 2006 • 1111 Posts

i had oblivion and fight night for 360 but i loved them so i want to own them for ps3CrazyIvanIV

Wow, you must really love to waste money.  Since the 360 had better versions of both of those games.  And you DO NOT need a second copy of Oblivion.  Fod gods sake use your brain.  It's the exact same damn game.   Except for a little add'on (which you can download through Live) and that does not make it worth wasting 60 dollars again.