PS3 gamers react to Bethesdas bad port of Fallout 3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

agaric247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 agaric247
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

Everyone knows Bethesda doesnt care about PS3 customers but its release of Fallout 3 has hit a new low. Customers posting on Bethesdas forum are finally snapping back.

http://digg.com/playstation/PS3_gamers_react_to_Bethesdas_bad_port_of_Fallout_3

GranReyUno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 GranReyUno
Member since 2007 • 1542 Posts
Honestly I have spent a good 8hrs playing this game and have not experienced any issues besides the message notification and a couple of skips in the audio but it does disgust me to see that Bethesda fix for every bug is "Making a save and reloading it may resolve this issue." I fear that as soon as I get deep into the game I will start see a lot of these issues. I hope Bethesda release a patch soon or at least act like they are trying to resolve these issues for the PS3 customers.
JKusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 JKusanagi
Member since 2005 • 815 Posts
I don't think that will make any difference, if they happen to release a patch it will be by they're own will. The only ones winning there are the guys from digg having more visitors
zeldafan00013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 zeldafan00013
Member since 2004 • 6575 Posts
I have experienced no issues yet.
LORDDICE1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 LORDDICE1
Member since 2007 • 1263 Posts
Heres the thing, we knew from E3 and Pax that Fallout3 would not have trophies or the additional content. I am sick of these posts. If you are not happy dont buy it, a company can support who ever they choose. I got it on 360 for the achievements and content and I am loving the game. I only buy PS3 games if they support trophies because I want companies to realize they are important to people. Otherwise I get um on 360/PC, end of story.

Everyone knows Bethesda doesnt care about PS3 customers but its release of Fallout 3 has hit a new low. Customers posting on Bethesdas forum are finally snapping back.

agaric247
mbrockway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 mbrockway
Member since 2007 • 3560 Posts
I buy the PS3 version if they are similar since the discs don't scratch. If its 360/PC I buy it on PC. I only buy exclusives for my 360. I got Fallout 3 for PC off Steam, and so far I like it, but I refuse to support half a** PS3 ports.
Avatar image for TheLegendKnight
TheLegendKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7 TheLegendKnight
Member since 2007 • 1853 Posts
if they wanted to react, they shouldnt have bought the game. after their games are sold they dont care, if they would, they would fix it before selling it...
sub-raid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 sub-raid
Member since 2006 • 1613 Posts
i keep repeating that i didn't get the game because of the problems.
Th3_Cougar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Th3_Cougar
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
It's a bit unfair to get a cruddy port....but i don't really see whats great about trophies or achievements?
KingNabster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 KingNabster
Member since 2006 • 420 Posts

Honestly I have spent a good 8hrs playing this game and have not experienced any issues besides the message notification and a couple of skips in the audio but it does disgust me to see that Bethesda fix for every bug is "Making a save and reloading it may resolve this issue." I fear that as soon as I get deep into the game I will start see a lot of these issues. I hope Bethesda release a patch soon or at least act like they are trying to resolve these issues for the PS3 customers.GranReyUno

Its not just visual glitches that are the problem, that I could live with, its the fact the graphics are clearly below par on the PS3, no AA, and low rez textures, this is BS.

Mau-Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Mau-Justice
Member since 2008 • 4907 Posts

Please stop with the crying. First Valve, then Bethesda...yet Socom gets a Post-Patch review from IGN and still lands a 4.5, nobody says a word.

My fingers pointed at Sony.

Phearz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Phearz
Member since 2004 • 97 Posts
I personally purchased the PS3 version and was able to return it. (Thankfully the EBgames employee, though suspicious allowed me store credit). I opted for the PC version instead. The only issues I had were occasional game freezes (really don't think this is the console's fault as it is the only game that has done this of eight). As well as some weird clipping issues with one or two NPCs. (Which at the time were hilarious, guys buried to the waste in dirt). Still though, it feels like they reluctantly ported this to PS3. Feel nicer on PC, even if there is nothing fundamentally wrong with the PS3 version. The game was a 'little' too overhyped IMO though.
Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Duckman5
Member since 2006 • 18934 Posts

This is what I see:

For the love of christ guys, ENOUGH about Fallout 3.

haze_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 haze_blaze
Member since 2003 • 3907 Posts

Honestly I have spent a good 8hrs playing this game and have not experienced any issues besides the message notification and a couple of skips in the audio but it does disgust me to see that Bethesda fix for every bug is "Making a save and reloading it may resolve this issue." I fear that as soon as I get deep into the game I will start see a lot of these issues. I hope Bethesda release a patch soon or at least act like they are trying to resolve these issues for the PS3 customers.GranReyUno

Really, these guys on message boards are blowing things seriously out of proportion. Aside from the notifications issue, the PS3 port really doesn't have any glitches not found in the other versions. Some textures are not as high res up close... but that is hardly an issue and the game looks gorgeous.

Makes me think maybe The Orange Box wasn't as bad as everyone made it out to be....

lusitanogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 lusitanogamer
Member since 2006 • 9338 Posts

I have over 10 hours into this game on PS3 and so far the only problem i've seen is the notifications bug. I turned notifications off and i'm having a blast with the game.

I do agree that Bethesda should have made a better port, but for crying out loud, all this whining is just getting ridiculous.

Mau-Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Mau-Justice

I have over 10 hours into this game on PS3 and so far the only problem i've seen is the notifications bug. I turned notifications off and i'm having a blast with the game.

I do agree that Bethesda should have made a better port, but for crying out loud, all this whining is just getting ridiculous.

lusitanogamer

I believe the term is...be careful what you wish for?

Keep harrassing Bethesda guys, then they'll go the way of Valve and not dev for PS3.

shadowkiller11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#17 shadowkiller11
Member since 2008 • 7956 Posts

Please stop with the crying. First Valve, then Bethesda...yet Socom gets a Post-Patch review from IGN and still lands a 4.5, nobody says a word.

Mau-Justice
how the hell is it sony fault it was bethesda fault.
1337h4xx0rz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 1337h4xx0rz
Member since 2008 • 314 Posts
[QUOTE="lusitanogamer"]

Mau-Justice

Keep harrassing Bethesda guys, then they'll go the way of Valve and not dev for PS3.

Wow, I was never a Half-Life/Orange Box kind of guy so I dont really know any news on Valve, etc.

Sorry for the noob sounding question, but was Valve's actual reason really because of complaints, or was it too much of a hassle to dev for PS3, or what?

Mau-Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Mau-Justice
[QUOTE="Mau-Justice"][QUOTE="lusitanogamer"]

1337h4xx0rz

Wow, I was never a Half-Life/Orange Box kind of guy so I dont really know any news on Valve, etc.

Sorry for the noob sounding question, but was Valve's actual reason really because of complaints, or was it too much of a hassle to dev for PS3, or what?

I think it was just the hassle. Either way, you never want a dev like Valve walking away from your system/console. And nothings set in stone right now, they could make games for PS3 again, but Left 4 Dead will be 360/PC only.

[QUOTE="Mau-Justice"]

shadowkiller11

A game with the Sony logo and support, is practically unplayable. Yet you're freaking out over an XMB notification bug that could very well see a patch fix? Nothing will fix Socom, and that was supposed to be a big Sony title.

SemiMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 81

#20 SemiMaster
Member since 2006 • 19011 Posts
Well, my bug addled experience of nearly losing my 30+ hour save file due to an in game story ending bug on the 360 with Oblivion has taught me that Bethesda can't code for crap. And on neither the 360 or PS3 would I pick this game up.
ash10692

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#21 ash10692
Member since 2008 • 2310 Posts
Sure it's inferior graphically. But I don't have a high spec PC or Xbox 360, so it doesn't really bother me that much, because it's an awesome game.
---Saint---

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ---Saint---
Member since 2008 • 125 Posts
Oh wait...this just in, disconnect from the internet if you dont want to get the message problem!!! jesus...
shadowkiller11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#23 shadowkiller11
Member since 2008 • 7956 Posts
[QUOTE="1337h4xx0rz"][QUOTE="Mau-Justice"][QUOTE="lusitanogamer"]

Mau-Justice

I think it was just the hassle. Either way, you never want a dev like Valve walking away from your system/console. And nothings set in stone right now, they could make games for PS3 again, but Left 4 Dead will be 360/PC only.

[QUOTE="Mau-Justice"]

shadowkiller11

A game with the Sony logo and support, is practically unplayable. Yet you're freaking out over an XMB notification bug that could very well see a patch fix? Nothing will fix Socom, and that was supposed to be a big Sony title.

don't see how i'm freaking out about that little bug but ok if it pleases you, and valve its more of a matter of opinion if you like them or not. and its basically gabe newell who saying he can't be arsed and lazy and that left 4 dead they put it into question if it going to ps3 but one of there reps said if it ever does it will not be this year. i couldn't care lessi'm not getting it but it is near my birthday so i see after the other games i brought.
Snakegear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Snakegear
Member since 2008 • 1011 Posts

agaric247

link~! i realy only had one problem with it and that is that once i put the satilite on the roof i cant fast travel to gnr seenz it freezez but i just went to the place next to gnr now i dont have that prboed anymore