PS3 game for a nice girl who likes Recettear and Atelier series

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ariana365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ariana365
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
I'm looking for games for a girl who doesn't like much of action and blood, but loves cute characters and story, mixed with some battles and looting, I think. Last successes were Atelier Iris 2&3 (ps2) and Recettear (PC). She now got PS3 and I'm looking for something she would like. Could you please give me some advice?
voljin1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 voljin1987
Member since 2012 • 1135 Posts
ninokuni, rune factory oceans and the atelier series on the ps3..
ManatuBeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ManatuBeard
Member since 2012 • 1121 Posts

I'm looking for games for a girl who doesn't like much of action and blood, but loves cute characters and story, mixed with some battles and looting, I think. Last successes were Atelier Iris 2&3 (ps2) and Recettear (PC). She now got PS3 and I'm looking for something she would like. Could you please give me some advice?ariana365

That's basically a description of Ni No Kuni

MondasM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 MondasM
Member since 2008 • 1897 Posts
journey, it's not a long game but it is a must live experience imho...
CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 CommanderShiro
Member since 2005 • 21746 Posts

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

Ni no Kuni.

Or Valkyria Chronicles. Why? Because if you own a PS3 and haven't played VC then you're doing it wrong.

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

You could try getting other Atelier games on PS3.  Ni No Kuni.  There are plenty of games out there that are not matured themed that anyone can play despite the popular opinion that this generation is nothing but shooters. 

You have games such as:

Little Big Planet

Sly Cooper

Ratchet and Clank

Modnation Racers

Rayman Origins

Rayman Legends

Folklore

Hot Shots Golf

3D Dot Game Heroes

Flower

Journey

ariana365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ariana365
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
Thank you all! I've bought Ni No Kuni, but not sure about Atelier series for ps3 - they got quite low metascore ratings, are they really this bad? Is Totori really much better then others?..
Reptylus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Reptylus
Member since 2009 • 1875 Posts
Thank you all! I've bought Ni No Kuni, but not sure about Atelier series for ps3 - they got quite low metascore ratings, are they really this bad? Is Totori really much better then others?..ariana365
I liked them. I haven't played older Atelier games but they can't be that much better. From what I heard, Rorona added quite a few new things, like differing item quality. Totoro most definittely is the best part of the Arland trilogy to me, but Meruru isn't far behind. It's mainly that I liked the characters in Totori more. Rorona is quite a bit worse, mainly because it has a few inconveniences in the menu controls. Totori fixed all that and made the system a much smoother experience. But this doesn't make Rorona a bad game - it just feels very unpolished compared to the other two. I haven't played Ayesha yet.
CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9154 Posts
ni no kuni tales of xillia atelier series
RatedSTARZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#12 RatedSTARZ
Member since 2013 • 400 Posts

You could always get Tales of Xillia and some of the other Tales games for the PS3, and also... I know it's a Playstation game, but you could also get her Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure :D. My sister isn't really into RPGs, but she absolutely loved this game as a kid, and still loves it today :) It's funny, light hearted, humorous, and it's made by Atlus :D. You should definitely check it out :)

Random-Target

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Random-Target
Member since 2011 • 178 Posts

Based on my experience, many girls like Sacred 2. LOTS of exploring and looting there. Another good game I'd recommend for a girl like the one you describe is Final Fantasy XIII. Both are not recent and you can get them at an interesting price