PS3 fan make loud sound..

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Red_Matt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Red_Matt
Member since 2008 • 58 Posts

hello.

I have the MGS4 ps3 pack. 80GB. I dont think they sell them anymore.

my ps3 sometimes go into this high fan mode. and its gets loud to I can hear the fan running very loud and its making me think the system is getting to hot or somethings wrong.? I dont know. I mean I know the x360 is loud. my friends x360 is very loud. its kind of like that. the silly part is. its not all the time. its only kicks on high loud mode sometimes after it being on a few hours. I have to turn the tv up some. is this a bad thing or is this normal. my other 40GB ps3 never did that before. I could never hear that thing. Can some one tell me whats wrong?. or is it ok. I know its got the ps2 player and the 4 usb ports and card slots. does this also mean it needs a louder fan for cooling? its not a big deal. I just want to make sure my ps3 is ok and wont break down.my friends x360 got the red ring 2 times. I hope something like that dont happen. an over heating problem? some of my friends want me to buy a x360. I dont want to because of the problem they have of breaking down. is the loud fan ok, or whats wrong? games never froze on me before.

ok thanks

blue900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 blue900
Member since 2008 • 231 Posts
i play loud since i have surround etc. But i have not experienced any loud fans nor YLOD since launch of my ps3. My ps3 is different from yours in a sense that you have better air flow since the 80 gig has intake outtake circulation that is better than the first model. It is probably just the fan working and since there are two intake and one out take, it makes this loud sound. How loud is loud? I mean do you mean 360 inter cooler loud? To me that is odd but again, I don't know many ps3's w/ ylod or overheating problems. In fact i don't know of any at all.
koneki1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 koneki1
Member since 2006 • 110 Posts
@Red_Matt: my ps3 never gets as loud as my 360. Are you keeping your system in a closed space, maybe like a cabinet or something?
CraigyM83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 CraigyM83
Member since 2009 • 648 Posts
Sometimes my 360 sounds like a Boeing 747.
Cyberxion_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Cyberxion_101
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
Mine makes a loud noise as well. It'll start out reasonably silent, then after a bit the fan will kick in to overdrive and run really, really loudly. It almost sounds like a jet-engine. I just got it, and I was wondering if this is unusual. I may take it back and exchange it depending on the outcome.
23_jordan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 23_jordan
Member since 2007 • 234 Posts
myn does that to sometimes, but mines a 60 gb, i just quit the game and eject it and it stops. after that i put it back in and play no noises:)
dubb55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 dubb55
Member since 2005 • 127 Posts
When the fan sounds like that it either is enclosed and is to hot or about to buy the farm check it out and call sony if it's loud,,,,,
bsman00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 bsman00
Member since 2008 • 6038 Posts
[QUOTE="Red_Matt"]

hello.

I have the MGS4 ps3 pack. 80GB. I dont think they sell them anymore.

my ps3 sometimes go into this high fan mode. and its gets loud to I can hear the fan running very loud and its making me think the system is getting to hot or somethings wrong.? I dont know. I mean I know the x360 is loud. my friends x360 is very loud. its kind of like that. the silly part is. its not all the time. its only kicks on high loud mode sometimes after it being on a few hours. I have to turn the tv up some. is this a bad thing or is this normal. my other 40GB ps3 never did that before. I could never hear that thing. Can some one tell me whats wrong?. or is it ok. I know its got the ps2 player and the 4 usb ports and card slots. does this also mean it needs a louder fan for cooling? its not a big deal. I just want to make sure my ps3 is ok and wont break down.my friends x360 got the red ring 2 times. I hope something like that dont happen. an over heating problem? some of my friends want me to buy a x360. I dont want to because of the problem they have of breaking down. is the loud fan ok, or whats wrong? games never froze on me before.

ok thanks

Yeah mine has gotten that loud before just a couple times... i just turn it off and let her cool down