PS3 cant display pure white screen

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Smoking-Pistol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Smoking-Pistol
Member since 2007 • 259 Posts
can anyone tell my why wenever im watching a trailer my tv cuts out and i lose the signal if the image is pure white ? i have my tv in 720p and when im not im not using component cables, the tv doesnt cut out.
The_Tombo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 The_Tombo
Member since 2005 • 3537 Posts
try fiddling with the super white settings in the ps3 settings. maybe thats it.
Smoking-Pistol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Smoking-Pistol
nah i tried that
ogie_s

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ogie_s
Member since 2003 • 218 Posts

You wouldn't happen to be using a Psyclone component selector would you? I used to use a Pelican System Selector Pro until 2 weeks ago because of all my components but switched to a Psyclone for the remote control capability. When I did the picture would cut out momentarily whenever a bright white screen would come on - and only then. I got pissed off when it started happening whenever a flashbang went off in R6V and tracked it down to the Psyclone. Apparently the Psyclone has that problem - I read about it on another forum when other guys reported the same problem with other systems hooked up. It's weird but apparently the Psyclone can't handle bright white screens.

If you are using the POS Psyclone, rest assured it's not the PS3. When I switched back to my Pelican everything went back to normal and I just returned the Psyclone to Circuit City.

If you aren't using a Psyclone then you might need to make sure it really is the PS3. I eliminated everything but the Psyclone by swithching cables and connections until I found it only happened when the Psyclone was connected.

ogie_s

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ogie_s
I reread your original post and you said it doesn't happen when you change cables so then I'd say it's probably not the PS3 itself.
Avatar image for playstation_wii
playstation_wii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 playstation_wii
Member since 2007 • 5271 Posts
can anyone tell my why wenever im watching a trailer my tv cuts out and i lose the signal if the image is pure white ? i have my tv in 720p and when im not im not using component cables, the tv doesnt cut out.Smoking-Pistol
I heard Psyclones can cause this problem.
The_Tombo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 The_Tombo
Member since 2005 • 3537 Posts

[QUOTE="Smoking-Pistol"]can anyone tell my why wenever im watching a trailer my tv cuts out and i lose the signal if the image is pure white ? i have my tv in 720p and when im not im not using component cables, the tv doesnt cut out.playstation_wii
I heard Psyclones can cause this problem.

yeah from the post above yours whahahaha :lol:

RazMaTaz-1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 RazMaTaz-1
Member since 2007 • 2097 Posts
:| maybe because you are using a component cable. I am guessing you are using the 3 regular colours to output your ps3, and to be frank, thats NOT HD signal. What you need a HDMI cable if you want to display pure HD, or an actual HD component cable that comes with 6 wires rather then the regular 3.
Smoking-Pistol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Smoking-Pistol
http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&sku_id=0926INGFS10083611&catid=24378 im using these.
ogie_s

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ogie_s

:| maybe because you are using a component cable. I am guessing you are using the 3 regular colours to output your ps3, and to be frank, thats NOT HD signal. What you need a HDMI cable if you want to display pure HD, or an actual HD component cable that comes with 6 wires rather then the regular 3.RazMaTaz-1

Not sure what you mean by component not being HD. Component can output 720p and 1080i just not 1080p. Both 720p and 1080i are considered HD and I don't know of a 6 wire component cable. Component output on the PS3 requires just 3 wires (Y, Pb, and Pr).

Here's the wiki on HD - it clearly states 720p IS HD:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-definition_television

What component output ISN'T is that it isn't a pure digital stream unlike HDMI.

HDMI for that matter is required only for 1080p output. On a set that doesn't support 1080p you're still only able to use 720p or 1080i regardless of what cable you use. Besides, like I said I doubt the problem is with the type of cable (i.e. component versus HDMI versus composite) since he says the problem is an intermittent signal dropout rather than a resolution issue.

Rakuho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 Rakuho
Member since 2007 • 7008 Posts
u need hdmi cable for pure white
Smoking-Pistol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Smoking-Pistol
Still Need Some Help Please
ekwalizer13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ekwalizer13
Member since 2002 • 520 Posts
The same thing is happening to me and I own a psyclone switch as well. it has been happening more frequetly as well but it ALWAYS happens when the game i am playing displays a lot of white or particle effects ( it also happens on all my game systems (PS3, XBox 360 and Wii) When i hook up directly to the TV, everything is fine. I have isolated to the Psyclone. I have had it for over a year now and just bought a new JVC switch for 33 bucks on Amazon. It should arrive soon and hopefully i won't have the video cut out any more
DBZgamefreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DBZgamefreak
Member since 2003 • 158 Posts
Yea, I'm having the same problem, but only with my PS3. I first noticed when I got CoD4 for my 360 and everything played just fine. When my live subscription died, I borrowed a friend's PS3 copy but now the flashbangs really f'ed with my screen. Why is it that the 360 was able to handle the pure white but the PS3 can't? A friend's wii also couldn't show bright white, and all three went through the psyclone...
wooooode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 wooooode
Member since 2002 • 16666 Posts

u need hdmi cable for pure whiteRakuho

No not even close but not sure what your problem is.

burner0921

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 burner0921
Member since 2006 • 367 Posts
If you have the R/G/B set to Full then that's likely your problem. Many people set that thinking it's better for them just because it makes the picture brighter but it also messes up other stuff. On my main tv, when I set RGB to full, videos would flicker.
ragevirus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ragevirus
Member since 2007 • 108 Posts
I lose the signal when i play Assassins Creed. I have sony component cables playing in 720p and 1080i. It goes to the blue screen with ''no component signal''. I hit the ps button and get the quit game etc. screen. I am new to ps3 but gta4 and AVP;R in blu-ray play perfect. Any ideas?