PS2 memory card converters

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Simba_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 Simba_Dude
Member since 2005 • 662 Posts

First of all I got a orignal launch machine so it is backwards compitable. Okay the two things keeping me from buying a PS2 memory card converter is.

1.How well do they work? could it corrupt the data by some random chance? won't crap out the orignal memory card so you can't use it anymore?

and

2. Is is possible to copy memory cards onto the PS3 and use the ps3 as storage device for multiple PS2 game saves then transfer them back to the PS2 memory card so you can play on a orignal PS2 if you still want to?

I want to know this since I don't have much use for my ps3 yet(gotta wait till next year for the good ps3 games :3) and its alot easier for transfering game saves and preventing me from forking out $50-75 for multiple cards. And so if friends want to borrow my ps2 I can continue playing the games on my PS3

Since I am tired of working hard on a game to delete it afterwards so I can play another game.

Thanks in advance to whomever can help me out.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a60d6fa78f84
deactivated-5a60d6fa78f84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 deactivated-5a60d6fa78f84
Member since 2003 • 286 Posts

Okay, no I haven't heard anythign about it corrupting data, but once it's on your PS3, make sure you back it up, cause I've had the PS2 erase a memory card before. Back up all your memory cards.

Second of all, no it doesn't transfer back to the memory card.

Third of all, get Drakes Fortune dude.

Simba_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Simba_Dude
Member since 2005 • 662 Posts

Okay, no I haven't heard anythign about it corrupting data, but once it's on your PS3, make sure you back it up, cause I've had the PS2 erase a memory card before. Back up all your memory cards.

Second of all, no it doesn't transfer back to the memory card.

Third of all, get Drakes Fortune dude.

WingcommanderIV

one yea I had a bad experience where the ps3 corrupted my jak X racing data but then again it was save glitch with the game.

two that sucks :/ so I guess only transfer the games over that I might touch a few years down the road for now.

third I lawled xP nah next gen gaming is to expensive been mainly focusing on my SNES N64 and PS2 games right now but 2008 when it comes I am going to have a reason to play all 3 of my gaming machines I bought over the last year.

fortysix_too

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 fortysix_too
Member since 2006 • 370 Posts
I heard with one of the new firmware updates, that now you can transfer saves back to the ps2 mem card. You might want to double check that though.
Kaylik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Kaylik
Member since 2004 • 185 Posts
I heard with one of the new firmware updates, that now you can transfer saves back to the ps2 mem card. You might want to double check that though.fortysix_too
x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#6 x-2tha-z
Member since 2003 • 8994 Posts
Only the official Sony memory card converter lets you copy PS2 saves from the PS3 hard drive to the memory card. I've got one of the Sony converters and it's great. It doesn't work with my 16MB Datel memory card though. I think it only works with official Sony 8MB mem cards. It's never corrupted any data or my memory card. Third party converters WILL corrupt your memory card if you attempt to copy saves from the PS3 to the memory card. I learnt that the hard way.
jimm895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 jimm895
Member since 2007 • 7703 Posts
I have one of those memory card converters that I hardly ever use anymore because now I just take a USB flash drive and save all my game saves on it. I have several of these flash drives, but I have one 750mb dedicated just for game saves.