PS2 games work to PS3???

This topic is locked from further discussion.

delete-zux2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 0

#1 delete-zux2000
Member since 2005 • 4379 Posts

Some people say, YES they do. Some People say: No not yet. Some people say, only PS1 games but ironic not PS2. Some people say, some games work some don't work. WHAT (?) ---

I mean I have just got my PS3 (5 days ago) so I have jus tbefore tracked x360 and beein pretty "unkown of the PS3 universe" - So I don't know antthing about this... I hope u know, some knows??? Give a right answear, and if you can like a big fat bonus: Give a link to all games you can play (if you can).

And: Do you need to fix/buy something like a memory card to PS2 to play it or will it not work if you don't... I mean explain!:shock:

PS3 ID TAG: (Have no friends yet, don't understand the online system is so use with X Live)

k1napuff

xxgunslingerxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 xxgunslingerxx
Member since 2005 • 4275 Posts

if you have the 20, 60 or 80gb ps3 then u can play ps2 and ps1 games
if u have the 40gb ps3 then u can only play ps1 games

you can create a ps2/ps1 memory card on the hard drive

there is a compatilibily checker on the playstation website

HE4D_HUNTER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 HE4D_HUNTER
Member since 2007 • 47 Posts
yea if you have a 60gb verson it plays all game out of the playstation galaxy, but im almost deffinate that the 40gig verson doesnt have any back tracking capabilitys, hope tht helpd, yea add me HAIGY_UK p.s. g t the psn post for more psn's
delete-zux2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 delete-zux2000

Thnx......... AND D**n!!!! I have the 40gig version.... :/

i wanna play Manhunt 2.... :(

But anyway it's strange it doesn't work but I'm glad for what i have:)

Omnicaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Omnicaster
Member since 2007 • 44 Posts

Sony has a website that you can search through titles to see the compatability of PS2 games on PS3. Link below.

http://www.us.playstation.com/Support/CompatibleStatus

delete-zux2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 delete-zux2000
Thnx but have the 40 gig so make no different for me atleast :I
DXNation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DXNation
Member since 2007 • 176 Posts
How long has the ps3 been out and ppl are still asking these pre skool question?:roll:
TheSonOfUgly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 TheSonOfUgly
Member since 2007 • 1483 Posts

How long has the ps3 been out and ppl are still asking these pre skool question?:roll:DXNation

maybe he just got it

DXNation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DXNation
Member since 2007 • 176 Posts

[QUOTE="DXNation"]How long has the ps3 been out and ppl are still asking these pre skool question?:roll:TheSonOfUgly

maybe he just got it

So what, can't you just read the box or better yet, who doesn't do research on a product before purchasing. I mean we all know someone or have watched G4, etc to know that only the 20, 60, 80 have BC. be real, u know it in your soul.

LtColJaxson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 LtColJaxson
Member since 2005 • 3233 Posts
[QUOTE="TheSonOfUgly"]

[QUOTE="DXNation"]How long has the ps3 been out and ppl are still asking these pre skool question?:roll:DXNation

maybe he just got it

So what, can't you just read the box or better yet, who doesn't do research on a product before purchasing. I mean we all know someone or have watched G4, etc to know that only the 20, 60, 80 have BC. be real, u know it in your soul.

Yeah it does say right on the box of the 40GB. "This system is not compatible with Playstation 2 software".

itwiz90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#11 itwiz90
Member since 2003 • 3037 Posts

Some people say, YES they do. Some People say: No not yet. Some people say, only PS1 games but ironic not PS2. Some people say, some games work some don't work. WHAT (?) ---

I mean I have just got my PS3 (5 days ago) so I have jus tbefore tracked x360 and beein pretty "unkown of the PS3 universe" - So I don't know antthing about this... I hope u know, some knows??? Give a right answear, and if you can like a big fat bonus: Give a link to all games you can play (if you can).

And: Do you need to fix/buy something like a memory card to PS2 to play it or will it not work if you don't... I mean explain!:shock:

PS3 ID TAG: (Have no friends yet, don't understand the online system is so use with X Live)

k1napuff

zux2000

DEpending on when the came was made most games should play on those PS3 that have the capability to do so.

bdhoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 bdhoff
Member since 2003 • 4104 Posts
How long has the ps3 been out and ppl are still asking these pre skool question?:roll:DXNation
I bet that he at least knows how to spell school. Not everyone spends every minute of their day in gaming forums.
delete-zux2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 delete-zux2000
[QUOTE="TheSonOfUgly"]

[QUOTE="DXNation"]How long has the ps3 been out and ppl are still asking these pre skool question?:roll:DXNation

maybe he just got it

i THINK U NEED TO THINK A LITTLE BIT MORE

ThePlothole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ThePlothole
Member since 2007 • 11515 Posts

Japanese/North American 20GB and 60GB models: 99.9% backwards compatibility, thanks to the fact that these systems have both a physical Emotion Engine (PS2 CPU) and Graphics Synthesizer (PS2 GPU).
European 20/60GB as well as all 80GB models: PS2 BC is somewhere around 80-95%. This drop is a result of the physical Emotion Engine being removed and substituted with a software emulation. (Note that these systems do still have the Graphics Synthesizer though.)
All 40GB models: Zero BC with PS2 games, since the remaining hardware components were removed.