PS Vita - missed questions

This topic is locked from further discussion.

brotherreese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 brotherreese
Member since 2003 • 1049 Posts

1) Proprietary memory stick? What, the Memory Stick Pro Duo isn't good enough?
2) If they aren't stating, then the cameras must be VGA instead of 3 - 12 MP?
3) No mention of internal storage space (yet), like the PSP Go (R.I.P).

Any speculation about any of this?

Ameer27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Ameer27
Member since 2009 • 369 Posts

I think they said they were planning to add internal storage, but I've heard they are not adding it in order to bring the price down.

Also, it's a gaming device, why should you care about the cameras? Anyway, I guess the rear camera is mainly intended for games like Invizimals or EyePet, and not for taking photos.

digimonkey12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 digimonkey12
Member since 2009 • 1851 Posts
Honestly ! there is too many questions left out, but at least I am not as confussed as with the WII U. What did I just witness ???
Avatar image for deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
Member since 2009 • 6176 Posts

Does anyone know if it's been confirmed that you can connect your PSV to your TV with a component or composite cable. Just like you could with PSP?

digimonkey12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 digimonkey12

Does anyone know if it's been confirmed that you can connect your PSV to your TV with a component or composite cable. Just like you could with PSP?

Crossel777
As I said too many questions left out .... Post-announcement http://www.videogamer.com/news/no_video_out_for_ngp.html .."NGP does not have a video output feature," confirmed Sony Computer Entertainment" But look at this . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3guW_JFM6Wg, it is connected.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
[QUOTE="Crossel777"]

digimonkey12
As I said too many questions left out .... Post-announcement http://www.videogamer.com/news/no_video_out_for_ngp.html .."NGP does not have a video output feature," confirmed Sony Computer Entertainment" But look at this . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3guW_JFM6Wg, it is connected.

Well thats kindda crappy. I loved that feature of the psp. Now I can't stream PSVita games. :(
digimonkey12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 digimonkey12
hmmm you should have checked my last link.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6

I did and I'm going to take a wild guess and say those PSVitas are developer versions that allow them to do that or they are the PS3 versions of the same game played on a TV.

Sony says theres no video out, can't really argue with that.

Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 139

#9 Granpire
Member since 2008 • 2749 Posts

I did and I'm going to take a wild guess and say those PSVitas are developer versions that allow them to do that or they are the PS3 versions of the same game played on a TV.

Sony says theres no video out, can't really argue with that.

Crossel777
I find this somewhat unacceptable, I think they're just holding it back to implement in the next version of the hardware, like the PSP Slim. This is making me consider waiting until the next version, simply because unlike the PSP, the Vita actually has the capacity to look almost as good on a bigger screen.
Avatar image for WSGRandomPerson
WSGRandomPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#10 WSGRandomPerson
Member since 2007 • 13697 Posts
I'm sure they will support Memory Sticks or something similar, I can't see them going the same route as the PSPGo. -- My only question is if it'll be able to play UMDs? I don't know if this was answered or not somewhere.
Chaay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Chaay
Member since 2007 • 320 Posts

I'm sure they will support Memory Sticks or something similar, I can't see them going the same route as the PSPGo. -- My only question is if it'll be able to play UMDs? I don't know if this was answered or not somewhere.WSGRandomPerson

In short, the Vita cannot play UMDs. I couldn't find the IGN/Gamespot article amidst all the E3 stuff, but the link below says the same thing.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/faster-forward/post/e3-2011-sony-vita-to-get-staggered-release/2011/06/07/AG2sSJLH_blog.html "As for how gamers will be playing on the device, Sony said it will use a flash-based memory card for games, ditching the Universal Media Disc currently used by the PlayStation Portable, or PSP."

Here is an excerpt from the Sony Q&A:

"Q: What kind of game medium will PS Vita support? What is the official name? Why did you decide to introduce it?"

"A: It is a small flash memory based card, dedicated for PS Vita. Taking advantage of the flash memory feature, this innovative card can store add-on game content or the game save directly on the card. By adopting flash memory based card, SCE will be able to provide game cards with higher capacity in the future, allowing developers to store more game data to deliver rich, immersive games. We will announce the official name at a later date."

Link:http://us.playstation.com/support/answer/index.htm?a_id=2254

Avatar image for WSGRandomPerson
WSGRandomPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#12 WSGRandomPerson
Member since 2007 • 13697 Posts

[QUOTE="WSGRandomPerson"]I'm sure they will support Memory Sticks or something similar, I can't see them going the same route as the PSPGo. -- My only question is if it'll be able to play UMDs? I don't know if this was answered or not somewhere.Chaay

In short, the Vita cannot play UMDs. I couldn't find the IGN/Gamespot article amidst all the E3 stuff, but the link below says the same thing.
"As for how gamers will be playing on the device, Sony said it will use a flash-based memory card for games, ditching the Universal Media Disc currently used by the PlayStation Portable, or PSP."

Here is an excerpt from the Sony Q&A:

"Q: What kind of game medium will PS Vita support? What is the official name? Why did you decide to introduce it?"

"A: It is a small flash memory based card, dedicated for PS Vita. Taking advantage of the flash memory feature, this innovative card can store add-on game content or the game save directly on the card. By adopting flash memory based card, SCE will be able to provide game cards with higher capacity in the future, allowing developers to store more game data to deliver rich, immersive games. We will announce the official name at a later date."

While I think it's kinda cool to not need UMDs, what the hell am I going to do with the ones I got now? :P

Chaay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Chaay
Member since 2007 • 320 Posts
While I think it's kinda cool to not need UMDs, what the hell am I going to do with the ones I got now? :PWSGRandomPerson
If you aren't keeping your PSP, I suggest either selling the UMDs or utilizing them as mini Frisbees.
mep69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 mep69
Member since 2008 • 1926 Posts
What i want to know is. Will you be able to have different VA options on games, because if i play a japanese game i want it with subs not dubs.
ale_gamr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 ale_gamr
Member since 2009 • 406 Posts

What i want to know is. Will you be able to have different VA options on games, because if i play a japanese game i want it with subs not dubs.mep69

That depends on the creators of the game, not the console.

blabbyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 blabbyboy
Member since 2008 • 2614 Posts
[QUOTE="WSGRandomPerson"] While I think it's kinda cool to not need UMDs, what the hell am I going to do with the ones I got now? :PChaay
If you aren't keeping your PSP, I suggest either selling the UMDs or utilizing them as mini Frisbees.

Lol, or air hockey would work too.
riariases

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#17 riariases
Member since 2007 • 2335 Posts
[QUOTE="Chaay"][QUOTE="WSGRandomPerson"] While I think it's kinda cool to not need UMDs, what the hell am I going to do with the ones I got now? :Pblabbyboy

Lol, or air hockey would work too.

I've done that. P.S. Go Canucks!
mep69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 mep69
Member since 2008 • 1926 Posts

[QUOTE="mep69"]What i want to know is. Will you be able to have different VA options on games, because if i play a japanese game i want it with subs not dubs.ale_gamr

That depends on the creators of the game, not the console.

Just hoping the games dont have limited space, like previous handhelds consoles. Because i enjoyed FF 7 CC on psp; but the VA sucked.
justified615

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 justified615
Member since 2007 • 704 Posts

One thing I'm hoping is that we would be able to listen to music while using the browser, I've always wanted to do that on the psp, though i don't use it as my primary browser, but i guess that will drain the power fast.

Josh5890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Josh5890
Member since 2007 • 1025 Posts

One thing I'm hoping is that we would be able to listen to music while using the browser, I've always wanted to do that on the psp, though i don't use it as my primary browser, but i guess that will drain the power fast.

justified615

That is what should be on everyone's minds, battery life.

justified615

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 justified615
Member since 2007 • 704 Posts

[QUOTE="justified615"]

Josh5890

Yeah good point. Its nice the Vita can do do all these things but if you can't do them for much time then that takes away from it all, but I believe Sony knows this and won't skimp on it.

The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22 The_Rick_14
Member since 2006 • 9945 Posts
[QUOTE="Crossel777"]

digimonkey12

It doesn't look like whats on screen is ever synced with what's on the PSV. They may just have Wipeout HD playing on a TV to show how close the visuals are to the console version.
BIOKILLER123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 BIOKILLER123
Member since 2010 • 1082 Posts

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-21539_7-20069518-10391702.html?tag=mncol;postsLol, it's apparentlyVGA quality...:(

riariases

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#24 riariases
Member since 2007 • 2335 Posts

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-21539_7-20069518-10391702.html?tag=mncol;postsLol, it's apparentlyVGA quality...:(

BIOKILLER123

Do people really care? I'm probably never gonna use the camera other than when I rarely play Augmented Reality games, because I've tried them on my 3DS and they aren't amazing or anything, and maybe for online games that have skype-like features or something.

sentrygman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 sentrygman
Member since 2011 • 30 Posts

[QUOTE="justified615"]

Josh5890

and luckily since its not using UMD's, battery life will be saved as flash cards are a lot more energy efficient.