This topic is locked from further discussion.

BonoBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 BonoBoy
Member since 2002 • 587 Posts
Just wanting to get as many opinions as possible to help those that are on the fence to decide to buy or not...also list which titles you have tried it with and what your favourite experiences have been so far and what you are most looking forward to in Move's future. Picked up two sets (2x Move and 2x nav controller) yesterday...loving it so far. Really accurate and picks up all the subtleties in movement. The kids and I logged about 2 hours last night playing Start The Party...really fun and enjoyable time...my 6 year old loves the head shaving game and makes a lot of bald jokes about me. Once they were in bed I loaded up Tiger Woods 11 and played a couple rounds...took some getting used to and my scores took a hit but the challenge was great! Downloaded Tumble and messed around...great game but I was tired and not as patient as I should have been. Look forward to playing tonight. Tonight I'm gonna spend time with Tumble and RE5 Gold. Looking forward to the mailman bringing my copy of Sports Champions and Eyepet Monday or Tuesday...got shipping confirmation from Amazon.ca but only shipped yesterday. Also looking forward to the HVB patch Tuesday and some more hardcore games down the road. Real potential here. My ultimate Dream for Move Support would be MLB 11 The Show.
Videodogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Videodogg
Member since 2002 • 12611 Posts

I love Move. It far surpassed my expectations. I only have Sports Champions....but that is more than enough for now. Its just incredible how realistic the Ping Pong game plays. Disc Golf consumes a lot of my time and i am really appreciating a game i never heard of before..Bocce.

I really dont want to try any of the "patched" games because i dont want to be dissappointed. I will just wait for the real Move games.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

Wheres the option for probably buying it but have not had a hands on with it yet? i feel so left out :( lol.

hkymike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#5 hkymike
Member since 2003 • 2425 Posts
Love it!!!
hkymike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#7 hkymike
Member since 2003 • 2425 Posts
Where's the option for not giving a damn?Laser_Hunter
There was no need to post this. Immaturity
Jinroh_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Jinroh_basic
Member since 2002 • 6413 Posts

i won't be getting it. the idea of motion sensing gaming never appealed to me (would've gotten Wii instead of PS3 if it did). but again, i sure hope it does well on the market. the more mojos PS3 has, the better. :)

PS. with the release of Move, i think there should be a stickied thread for all related discussions.

kingdre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 kingdre
Member since 2005 • 9456 Posts

I don't really care for motion controls.

CellAnimation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 CellAnimation
Member since 2007 • 6116 Posts
Move is sweet but the games kind of suck at the moment,
rockerbikie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 rockerbikie
Member since 2010 • 10027 Posts

Not worth it unless they put Mortal Kombat on the PS Move :twisted:

Jackininy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Jackininy
Member since 2010 • 99 Posts

Never gonna buy it but I wouldn't mind trying/playing it. I'm just not very into the whole motion gimmick.. you guys have fun with it though :D

NatsumeKonno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14 NatsumeKonno
Member since 2009 • 350 Posts

I might get it thats if i dont buy another airsoft gun. I mostly want time crisis so yea once its out i might get a move with that gun hookup thinggy.

SaaM-x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SaaM-x
Member since 2010 • 437 Posts

I am on the fence of whether to buy it or not. I have heard loads of good things about it but I don't want to put down over £80 for something that might wear off over time. Can anyone persuade me?

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

Have it and love it. Got it with Sports Champions and Start the party and dled all the demos. I as well as a few friends who tested it love the technology and we had quite some fun. Gladiator versus a friend with 2 lolis each is just epic :D

britishdude360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 britishdude360
Member since 2005 • 555 Posts

So when is the WII going to bring out a proper gamepad

Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#18 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

I wasn't too interested in it, but I read a review of Sports Champions on another site and now I'm thinking it might make a good Christmas present for myself.

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

The Move has surpassed what I thought it would be. Origionally I wasn't interested in it. Now after seeing about a 2 hr video on it here on Game Spot about it I am more impressed by it. I'll be getting it now.

Laser_Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Laser_Hunter
Member since 2010 • 4780 Posts
[QUOTE="Laser_Hunter"]Where's the option for not giving a damn?hkymike

It's immature that I don't care for the Move? How so? I'm sure there are millions of PS3 users who could care less about it.
mannyboo22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 mannyboo22
Member since 2009 • 319 Posts

[QUOTE="hkymike"][QUOTE="Laser_Hunter"]Where's the option for not giving a damn?Laser_Hunter

It's immature that I don't care for the Move? How so? I'm sure there are millions of PS3 users who could care less about it.

I'm pretty sure that last option would've applied to you. Responding in that matter is just... well immature. Anyways. I really like the Move I feel there is room for improvement and I just can't wait until some really solid games are released. :):):):):):)

iagbas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 iagbas
Member since 2005 • 446 Posts

I don't care about it till a good sword slashing game comes out for it, like >>> MGS Rising..

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#23 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

wow look at the praises but yet wii got bashed for the same thing rotflol this is what you call epic fail , ,

topic lock ,

there doesnt need to be fifty topics wanting opinion s on move or kenict lock it . jesus theres 3 on this one page

punisher1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 punisher1
Member since 2004 • 3290 Posts

I like it and its a lot better then the sluggish wii crap.

Hopewellone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Hopewellone
Member since 2005 • 356 Posts

I bought it Friday and after a weekend, I'm considering returning it. It won't work properly with my living room tv. There's no place to place it on the top and at the bottom it can't read me and a second player without tilting the camera up (which it tells me not to do). So during archery and such my remote keeps going "out of bounds". Archery is not as fun as Wii Sports Resort because instead of aiming at the center of targets you have to aim with a arch in mind so you're always aiming off target, by then your arms are tired. Gladiator is fun but shallow. I set the whole ps3 up in the guest bedroom and the controls were better but the demos were off. Time Crisis can't give me a reticle unless I keep calibrating it. I had friends over and the Sports Champion games lasted about 5-10 minutes before people got bored and remarked that the Wii just seemed more fun. I'm no Nintendo apologist mind you. I bought a playstation when everyone in my dorm was laughing at me saying I bought the wrong system. So I'm not bashing the PS3 at all. I just think it's not worth the purchase right now.

Maybe Hard Rain, Resident Evil Gold, and some others will change that. But I'm not sure because as of this weekend I can't get any of the games to work 100% right. The wii worked right out of the box. Too much calibrating and adjusting for me I think. Hope its working better for you all.

hiryu3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#26 hiryu3
Member since 2003 • 7313 Posts
Love it!!!hkymike
ditto that. Debating about going to wally world and picking up the shoot
Videodogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Videodogg
Member since 2002 • 12611 Posts
[QUOTE="Hopewellone"]

I bought it Friday and after a weekend, I'm considering returning it. It won't work properly with my living room tv. There's no place to place it on the top and at the bottom it can't read me and a second player without tilting the camera up (which it tells me not to do). So during archery and such my remote keeps going "out of bounds". Archery is not as fun as Wii Sports Resort because instead of aiming at the center of targets you have to aim with a arch in mind so you're always aiming off target, by then your arms are tired. Gladiator is fun but shallow. I set the whole ps3 up in the guest bedroom and the controls were better but the demos were off. Time Crisis can't give me a reticle unless I keep calibrating it. I had friends over and the Sports Champion games lasted about 5-10 minutes before people got bored and remarked that the Wii just seemed more fun. I'm no Nintendo apologist mind you. I bought a playstation when everyone in my dorm was laughing at me saying I bought the wrong system. So I'm not bashing the PS3 at all. I just think it's not worth the purchase right now.

Maybe Hard Rain, Resident Evil Gold, and some others will change that. But I'm not sure because as of this weekend I can't get any of the games to work 100% right. The wii worked right out of the box. Too much calibrating and adjusting for me I think. Hope its working better for you all.

Maybe you should clean the bodily fluids from your PSEye and then try calibrating it again.
MajorKause

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 MajorKause
Member since 2010 • 35 Posts
I am glad I picked it up, and when some of the new games are released will even enjoy it more. Socom 4 !
NoobisMaxcimus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 NoobisMaxcimus
Member since 2007 • 2893 Posts

[QUOTE="hkymike"][QUOTE="Laser_Hunter"]Where's the option for not giving a damn?Laser_Hunter

It's immature because your comment has no place in this thread. He's askin for the opinions of people who've played with the move. You're not one of them.

Vomalities

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#30 Vomalities
Member since 2007 • 140 Posts

The move is good, as well as Sports Champions. However, I am disappointed that I will not be able to play a fully immersive two player experience because I refuse to buy 4 move controllers and I highly doubt that my friends will get it at all.

xsynth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 xsynth
Member since 2010 • 864 Posts
It's not too bad so far. Got RE5 gold and took a bit of getting used to aiming like that but it's very precise at least.
Laser_Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Laser_Hunter

[QUOTE="Laser_Hunter"][QUOTE="hkymike"] There was no need to post this. Immaturitymannyboo22

I'm pretty sure that last option would've applied to you. Responding in that matter is just... well immature. Anyways. I really like the Move I feel there is room for improvement and I just can't wait until some really solid games are released. :):):):):):)

I don't think it's a fad though. Motion controls are probably here for another good 10 years.
Laser_Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Laser_Hunter

[QUOTE="Laser_Hunter"][QUOTE="hkymike"] There was no need to post this. ImmaturityNoobisMaxcimus

It's immature because your comment has no place in this thread. He's askin for the opinions of people who've played with the move. You're not one of them.

I have tried it. :|
britishdude360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 britishdude360
Member since 2005 • 555 Posts

This is an opinion people just to state firstly, im not a fan of your noob scrub or whatever you haters say nowadays lol but hey.

I am very for the happy who have purchased and invested in the software/hardware and that its exceded there expectations, so yeah cool guys.
As much as its being praised, i will properly never purchase playstation move, it seems to me a bit of a cash in, i mean look at the wii for example its outsold and outselling its competiton, and obviosly microsoft and sony know this and want to grap wii consumers attention, which is of course itscommon sense its business and eventualy profit.

So now its out,its obvious target audience is quite wide maybe more for the younger gamers and its great for the family guy who tends to play more hardcore games such as mgs4 and games alikeand have it for parties and of course for the families use,as explained i think in its commercials.
But hey ive played the wii its real fun for about....10 mins and i reakon the same will gofor this, you guys will love this for the first few weeks and then itll properly end up on the shelf not to be touchedagain tillnews year day , its just an opinion people remember, thanks for reading guys :)

gamer-guy1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 gamer-guy1991
Member since 2008 • 256 Posts

I love it and as long as the games are good i will keep using it and with socom kz3 and sorcery on the way i am more then happy with my purchase. And its far better than kinect

POPEYE1716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 POPEYE1716
Member since 2003 • 4749 Posts

Im really concedering picking this up now. Might wait for around christmas

mithrixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#37 mithrixx
Member since 2008 • 1071 Posts
I love it. What strike me the most about it is its accuracy. After a while of play the sword and shields game, I started to believe that I am actually holding a sword.. I can't wait to try real fps game on it!
wwefanforlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 120

#38 wwefanforlife
Member since 2006 • 3248 Posts

I'm impressed with PS Move it's very accurate especially with Sports Champions. I did pick up Eyepet as it was cheap and it's quite good, Racket Sports wasn't that bad though I wish you had more control over the character, Kung Fu Rider the game didn't seem that bad to start off with then the controls just get confused on the later stages that needs fixing as the controls are just broken and it's frustrating to play it. Now I'm just looking forward to Time Crisis and Namco need to hurry up and give Europe a release date.

bryanhook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#39 bryanhook
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
I was very impressed with the move, tho I thought sports champions was just a tech demo it succeeds as such, just in ping pong alone seeing your paddle move in 3d space and twist whichever way you hold your hand sold me. But now on to bigger and better things, as far as big titles go I extremely disliked the control scheme for resident evil 5, but MAG on the other hand has permanently changed me: the move does take a while to get used to, but this didn't surprise me, you can't expect to use mice/keyboards or analog sticks your whole life and then pick up the move and instantly play at the same level. It is a lot more fun and once you tweak the settings (I like having a fairly small dead zone and max out gestures for easy knifing) it becomes not only more natural but more quick and precise then analog sticks could ever be, and potentially as good as a mouse/keyboard, but I don't know yet, I'll have to see how good I can get with it, it certainly is possible with the moves accuracy (good job Sony) Now I find I preordered black ops but just barely picked it up yesterday, and I have to say going back to analog sticks (I got this game on xbox just FYI cause I knew it wouldn't have move support) is a real drag for me! I find myself getting into the story just fine, but as I'm playing I find myself wishing I could be using the move...why they didn't make this game with move support I do not know bit I must say for FPS's and I guess any games down the road I'll be looking for move support, and may not bother getting some without it. All that said, move may not be for everyone, but I strongly suggest you pick it up and try it with mag and actually use it for a couple weeks, I bet it'll grow on you just like it did for me, can't freaking wait for Socom 4 and killzone 3! Or any good quality move games. P.s. There is two things playstation screwed up on/could improve: 1) make the navigation controller with all the move tech (glow ball/accelerometer etc.) as this would give much did I say A CRAP LOAD of better control for games that use two move controllers currently (sony's biggest mistake so someone let them know maybe they can bring one out) and 2) make the playstation eye with a better/higher resolution camera (although it works fine for the move controller for me I've heard problems with the fight lights out for head tracking, and just looking at the picture the eye captures is grainy and far below average camera quality nowadays)
TheIndianChild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#40 TheIndianChild
Member since 2007 • 1731 Posts

I wasn't too interested in it, but I read a review of Sports Champions on another site and now I'm thinking it might make a good Christmas present for myself.

Jackc8