PS All Stars- characters that should be in the game!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-601cef9eca9e5
deactivated-601cef9eca9e5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-601cef9eca9e5
Member since 2007 • 3296 Posts

PS All Stars is an awesome game, but I am a little puzzled in regards to the lack of Playstation characters. Hopefully some characters that weren't in at launch will make an appearance in the form of DLC. I have been a PS fan since the very first Playstation so I am familar with most of the franchises so I have compiled a list of Playstation characters that need to be added. The following is a list of characters that all have origins that can be traced back to the Playstation.

Lu Bu (Dynasty Warriors Series) The Dynasty Warriors series started on Playstation and has spanned many popular sequels and spin-offs. Though they have had a few games land on other consoles, the upcoming Dynasty Warriors 8 is a PS3 exclusive. I think he would be a great fit and since DW started off as a fighting game on the first Playstation.

Crash Bandicoot (Crash Bandicoot Series) At one time considered the mascot of Playstation, Crash Bandicoot has appeared in numerous award winning Playstation platforming titles. His absence in more recent years is only matched by his absence from the PS All Stars roster.

Spyro the Dragon (Spyro the Dragon Series) The series originated on the Playstation and has had numerous titles, some hits and some misses (but mostly hits). He would make a great fit in the PS All Stars roster.

Lara Croft (Tomb Raider series) A surprise absence from a character who would fit great in a fighting game, Lara Croft orginiated on the Playstation appearing in the title Tomb Raider and its numerous sequels. If she made the cut, her new Tomb Raider remake form which probably appear similar to how Dante's new remake form appeared.

Solid Snake/ Big Boss (Naked Snake) (Metal Gear Solid Series) Now this is a complete mystery. The Metal Gear Solid franchise is one of the Playstation's most popular and beloved franchises yet none of its iconic characters make an appearence. Several years ago Nintendo did a remake of the very first Metal Gear Solid game and it was a Gamecube exclusive. Then Solid Snake made a strange appearence on the popular Super Smash Brothers Brawl (for no apparent reason), but I find it strange that such a popular Playstation character is still absent from the roster.

Gabe Logan (Syphon Filter Series) The Syphon Filter Series is a popular Playstation franchise that started on the original Playstation has has since made its way to the PS2 and the PS Portable. While not as popular as a franchise as Metal Gear Solid, it is still a PS franchise with a character who should definitely make an appearence.

Chris Redfield + Jill Valentine / Leon Kennedy + Claire Redfield (Resident Evil Series) Resident Evil debuted on the original Playstation and set the standard for the survival horror genre. It has formulated a very successful franchise on the Playstation with a numerous amount of spin-offs and characters. However, now more action based, its characters would fit right in to a fighting game. Not so sure? Here's a fun fact: Its characters have already appeared in fighting games! Jill Valentine appeared in Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 and Chris Redfield and Albert Wesker (another Resident Evil character) appeared in Marvel Vs. Capcom 3.

Albert Wesker (Resident Evil Series) The main Antagonist of the Resident Evil franchise. Like how I mentioned above, he appeared in the recent Marvel Vs. Capcom 3.

Nathan Hale (Resistance Series) Killzone isn't the only big shooter franchise of the Playstation had it shares its popularity with the Resitance series which debuted on the PS3 as a launch title. Since it is a more modern franchise, it is puzzling why Nathan Hale never made the cut.

Here is my list so far, but more will definitely be added in time.

lmfaoxyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 lmfaoxyz
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
I agree. i was just thinking the other day that spyro should be in the game
Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts
none, that game shouldnt have happened
Justforvisit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 Justforvisit
Member since 2011 • 2660 Posts

PS All Stars is an awesome game, but I am a little puzzled in regards to the lack of Playstation characters. Hopefully some characters that weren't in at launch will make an appearance in the form of DLC. I have been a PS fan since the very first Playstation so I am familar with most of the franchises so I have compiled a list of Playstation characters that need to be added. The following is a list of characters that all have origins that can be traced back to the Playstation.

Lu Bu (Dynasty Warriors Series) The Dynasty Warriors series started on Playstation and has spanned many popular sequels and spin-offs. Though they have had a few games land on other consoles, the upcoming Dynasty Warriors 8 is a PS3 exclusive. I think he would be a great fit and since DW started off as a fighting game on the first Playstation.

Crash Bandicoot (Crash Bandicoot Series) At one time considered the mascot of Playstation, Crash Bandicoot has appeared in numerous award winning Playstation platforming titles. His absence in more recent years is only matched by his absence from the PS All Stars roster.

Spyro the Dragon (Spyro the Dragon Series) The series originated on the Playstation and has had numerous titles, some hits and some misses (but mostly hits). He would make a great fit in the PS All Stars roster.

Lara Croft (Tomb Raider series) A surprise absence from a character who would fit great in a fighting game, Lara Croft orginiated on the Playstation appearing in the title Tomb Raider and its numerous sequels. If she made the cut, her new Tomb Raider remake form which probably appear similar to how Dante's new remake form appeared.

Solid Snake/ Big Boss (Naked Snake) (Metal Gear Solid Series) Now this is a complete mystery. The Metal Gear Solid franchise is one of the Playstation's most popular and beloved franchises yet none of its iconic characters make an appearence. Several years ago Nintendo did a remake of the very first Metal Gear Solid game and it was a Gamecube exclusive. Then Solid Snake made a strange appearence on the popular Super Smash Brothers Brawl (for no apparent reason), but I find it strange that such a popular Playstation character is still absent from the roster.

Gabe Logan (Syphon Filter Series) The Syphon Filter Series is a popular Playstation franchise that started on the original Playstation has has since made its way to the PS2 and the PS Portable. While not as popular as a franchise as Metal Gear Solid, it is still a PS franchise with a character who should definitely make an appearence.

Chris Redfield + Jill Valentine / Leon Kennedy + Claire Redfield (Resident Evil Series) Resident Evil debuted on the original Playstation and set the standard for the survival horror genre. It has formulated a very successful franchise on the Playstation with a numerous amount of spin-offs and characters. However, now more action based, its characters would fit right in to a fighting game. Not so sure? Here's a fun fact: Its characters have already appeared in fighting games! Jill Valentine appeared in Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 and Chris Redfield and Albert Wesker (another Resident Evil character) appeared in Marvel Vs. Capcom 3.

Albert Wesker (Resident Evil Series) The main Antagonist of the Resident Evil franchise. Like how I mentioned above, he appeared in the recent Marvel Vs. Capcom 3.

Nathan Hale (Resistance Series) Killzone isn't the only big shooter franchise of the Playstation had it shares its popularity with the Resitance series which debuted on the PS3 as a launch title. Since it is a more modern franchise, it is puzzling why Nathan Hale never made the cut.

Here is my list so far, but more will definitely be added in time.

Mighty-Lu-Bu

Because he manages to be even more void of ANY character treats than Rico and Sevchenko are.

Also, a Final Fantasy Character needs to be in it. My wish would be Squall Leonhart, but I guess Sephiroth / Cloud are way more likely.

Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Chaos_Bladez
Member since 2007 • 5801 Posts
none, that game shouldnt have happenedNengo_Flow
Why? Your comment doesn't make any sense and is just crass nonsense. Personally, I'd want to see Snake, Crash, Cloud, Lara, and Joel from The Last of Us. I'd be open to others as well.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-601cef9eca9e5

none, that game shouldnt have happenedNengo_Flow

Why? Playstation can't have a fighting game that uses its iconic characters from its franchises? I am a fan of Super Smash Bros, but I like PS All Stars a lot better. It is a great game and sadly underrated.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts
Yeah those would of all been good additions.
SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#8 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts
I hope they add some characters as free DLC. Don't know what kind of DLC is planned or if the word "free" is going to be involved, but I expect some more characters, and those were good suggestions and I can't really think of anything to add to that at the moment.
Avatar image for unknownceltic91
unknownceltic91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 unknownceltic91
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts

I don't think Sony has any rights to Crash and Spyro anymore, seeming how the latest entries in both series were on some form of gameboy.

andrewballa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 andrewballa
i agree too, i was just thinking the other day that spyro should be in the game.thanks for your sharing, good info to me.
Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Shielder7
Member since 2006 • 5191 Posts

How they could make a game like this and not add Crash Bandicoot?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTi5EaocGaY

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
my blog pretty much has it covered

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-601cef9eca9e5

I don't think Sony has any rights to Crash and Spyro anymore, seeming how the latest entries in both series were on some form of gameboy.

unknownceltic91

Doesn't matter if they have the rights to Spyro and Crash they can still use them. They used other third party characters that Sony doesn't have the rights to.

Examples include: Big Daddy from Bioshock (originally Bioshock was an Xbox exclusive game), Heiachi from Tekken (Even though the Tekken sereies started on the original Playstation it has since gone to other platforms such as the Wii and the 360.) and the same thing with Dante from Devil May Cry or DMC. Sony doesn't have rights to any of these characters yet they still used them. I was actually very, very surprised that Big Daddy was even in the game because he has nothing to do with Sony where as Dante and Heiachi have roots that go back to Sony.

wwefanforlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 120

#14 wwefanforlife
Member since 2006 • 3248 Posts

I'd like to see Kazuma Kiryu as DLC he's a SEGA character but the Yakuza series has always been exclusive to the Playstation.

NodakJo2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 NodakJo2010
Member since 2010 • 1061 Posts

Crash and Spyro would've sold the game for me...Seeing as that Activision didn't let Superbot put Crash and Spyro in the game prevented me from buying it.

Avatar image for unknownceltic91
unknownceltic91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 unknownceltic91
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts

[QUOTE="unknownceltic91"]

Mighty-Lu-Bu

Doesn't matter if they have the rights to Spyro and Crash they can still use them. They used other third party characters that Sony doesn't have the rights to.

Examples include: Big Daddy from Bioshock (originally Bioshock was an Xbox exclusive game), Heiachi from Tekken (Even though the Tekken sereies started on the original Playstation it has since gone to other platforms such as the Wii and the 360.) and the same thing with Dante from Devil May Cry or DMC. Sony doesn't have rights to any of these characters yet they still used them. I was actually very, very surprised that Big Daddy was even in the game because he has nothing to do with Sony where as Dante and Heiachi have roots that go back to Sony.

Activision would not let these characters into the game, hence sony/superbot has no rights to them. Whereas the other characters they are still available for use on sony's systems.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

sony's strength is in it's 3rd party....and 3rd party charcaters belong to other companies...thats the problem...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-601cef9eca9e5

[QUOTE="Mighty-Lu-Bu"]

[QUOTE="unknownceltic91"]

unknownceltic91

Activision would not let these characters into the game, hence sony/superbot has no rights to them. Whereas the other characters they are still available for use on sony's systems.

They are just publishers though right? Sony use to be the publishers, but Activision took over in that aspect. They are no longer being developed by Naughty Dog, which made the best in the series, but it is still a PS franchise.

GeoffZak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 GeoffZak
Member since 2007 • 3715 Posts

Why isn't Crash Bandicoot in PS All Stars?

The game is unfinished without him.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#20 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts
look they have said several times, they have had license issues to get everyone they wanted in the game, they made two new characters and made it a free dlc. There will be more coming
Justforvisit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Justforvisit

look they have said several times, they have had license issues to get everyone they wanted in the game, they made two new characters and made it a free dlc. There will be more comingThe_Last_Ride

The news about them start to really confuse me....

Free DLC or timed free DLC?

Somehwre else on GS I read about they will only be free for about 2 weeks or so so anyone can test them out and will be locked and have to buy afterwards if you want them. So, what now? :/

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 MethodManFTW

[QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"]look they have said several times, they have had license issues to get everyone they wanted in the game, they made two new characters and made it a free dlc. There will be more comingJustforvisit

Somehwre else on GS I read about they will only be free for about 2 weeks or so so anyone can test them out and will be locked and have to buy afterwards if you want them. So, what now? :/

Timed free, but you just have (or just had) to press download and they are yours forever, it's not like had to own the game at the time they are (were?) free.
csadhoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#23 csadhoo
Member since 2004 • 1462 Posts

Raziel, Crash, Spyro, Alucard, Kain, Klonoa perhaps.

gorbysantos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 gorbysantos
i was just thinking the other day that spyro should be in the game
Justforvisit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Justforvisit

[QUOTE="Justforvisit"]

[QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"]look they have said several times, they have had license issues to get everyone they wanted in the game, they made two new characters and made it a free dlc. There will be more comingMethodManFTW

Timed free, but you just have (or just had) to press download and they are yours forever, it's not like had to own the game at the time they are (were?) free.

Oohhh they're out already? I thought they come this january O_O Makes it even more confusing...jeez.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 MethodManFTW

[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"][QUOTE="Justforvisit"]

Justforvisit

Oohhh they're out already? I thought they come this january O_O Makes it even more confusing...jeez.

I dunno when they come out, because I don't care. But either way, if you do care, it's pretty damn easy to google a release date and remember to click download when they are available.
Markey83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#27 Markey83
Member since 2009 • 43 Posts

Tomba.

Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#28 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

Tomba!, Caim (drakengard), Cloud and Sephiroth (obviously), War and Death (Darksiders), Spyro, Crash, Gexx, Jaster Rogue (Rogue Galaxy), Un named Hero and Yangus (DQ8), Commander Shepard, Albel Lhant (Tales of Graces f), Alundra, Dart (Legend of Dragoon)......so many more. I wont be buying this game until better characters are put into it for free.