Problem with the volume on my PSP.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kev087

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 kev087
Member since 2007 • 308 Posts

Ok i just got my psp yesterday, and it works pretty good might i say. i got it used, but the only problem i seem to be having with it is the volume. now it lets me turn the volume up...u know how if u hold down the volume + or - button long enough, the volume comes up...well it lets me turn up the volume, but when i try to turn it down...it doesnt even do anything. even when i hold down the - button, nothing comes up. is there a fix for this problem? or is my volume just screwed?

0utc4st

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 0utc4st
Member since 2003 • 3839 Posts
Button might be broken.
kev087

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 kev087
i hope not...
kimbokasteniv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 kimbokasteniv
Member since 2004 • 3892 Posts
It might be an easy fix if you open the unit, but since you just got it yesterday, you might as well exchange it.
kev087

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 kev087
well it was actually given to me so yea...it aint no biggie. who wants the volume low anyways? lol.
outlawz247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 outlawz247
Member since 2006 • 595 Posts
is it during xmb or gameplay?
kev087

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 kev087
i cant turn it down no matter what i do. whether im at the home screen or playing a game...itdoesnt turn down.
Avatar image for WSGRandomPerson
WSGRandomPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#8 WSGRandomPerson
Member since 2007 • 13697 Posts
Button probably broken, if you got it for free. Should be content having it, even with broken button. o_O;
kev087

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 kev087
yea it aint no bigge...hell i want the volume up anyways. not down.
Dutcherr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Dutcherr
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
(
i cant turn it down no matter what i do. whether im at the home screen or playing a game...itdoesnt turn down.kev087

always press the mute button >next to the select button)
Labinoti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 Labinoti
Member since 2004 • 486 Posts
dude i had kind of the same problem, some water got into my psp and both of my volume buttons werent working but with time the button that turns the volume up started to work properly but the other volume button wasnt working properly it was doing two functions as if you press home and down volume button together. When i was watching a video if i turned the volume down it would take me back as when u press home and would also turn the volume down. The home button was doing the same thing. So the best thing to do is wait a couple of days maybe it'll start working again or do like i did and exchange it since u just bought it.
liljilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 liljilly
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

hey. My + volume button has broken on my psp. Is there any way to turn up the volume without getting it fixed?

and is there any way you know to fix it??

xx

screemer11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 screemer11
Member since 2008 • 26 Posts

Ok i just got my psp yesterday, and it works pretty good might i say. i got it used, but the only problem i seem to be having with it is the volume. now it lets me turn the volume up...u know how if u hold down the volume + or - button long enough, the volume comes up...well it lets me turn up the volume, but when i try to turn it down...it doesnt even do anything. even when i hold down the - button, nothing comes up. is there a fix for this problem? or is my volume just screwed?

kev087

Exchange it. The button is probably broken. It is nice to turn the volume down sometimes so it would be handy to have the button. If the button worked, you could also think, "I have a fully functional PSP!"

garathe_den

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 garathe_den
Member since 2008 • 1427 Posts
Hmm the same thing happens on one of my cellphones, I think it's probably broken or faulty