problem with ps3-restore: user 1

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Viper242

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Viper242
Member since 2006 • 29 Posts

hi all..

i just got my ps3 back from repair and installed the restore data.At first, i got all the users i had befor except for the main one i used. after reinstalling the restore data, i i got all of my users on the list, all of them have a star sign ( *) next to them,allthough all of my animated themes are corrupt. please note i havent gotten around to getting internet access in my apartment becuase i just move here, so i havent logged on to the psn network yet ( i think this has something to do with the problem). ANYWAY, when i try to play red dead redemption for example, install in , run it.. after i choose signle player and get the loading screen i suddenly get an in game error message saying the the game options file was made by a diffrent user and could not be loaded..i get the same messages after that for saved games and multiplayer options. what have i done wrong? why cant i get my saved games to work, and my user to be identifed? do i need to log on to the psn network with my psn id for that to happen?

Viper242

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Viper242

can anyone help me out please?

lordfalsus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 lordfalsus
Member since 2010 • 527 Posts

can anyone help me out please?

Viper242
you might want to just call sony on that note, maybe do a google search
Viper242

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Viper242

checked goole, didnt find what i was looking for.. do you think i need to simply connect to the psn network (when i get the internet up and running) and that''ll do the trick?

lordfalsus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 lordfalsus
Member since 2010 • 527 Posts

yea especially if you dont have the latest firmware... or the games have updates you dont know about

z-head1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 z-head1
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
on my master account i have an email address that if i clear & type a new email in with password n hit connect it comes back with "you cannot sign in using another user's sign-in ID(e-mail address) how can i get round this as the ps3 was second hand when bought two years ago & only just got internet connection. i dont know the origonal owners d.o.b. would a back up, format,restore sort it ?