Problem when quiting LBP... Questions!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bsman00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 bsman00
Member since 2008 • 6038 Posts

I was wonder if any one else was having this problem.... every time i quit out of LBP using the PS button it always makes the 3 beeps then restarts, also does it even if i try to shut down the system...

My questions: 1. Does this happen to you when you quit LBP. 2. And does it hurt the system when you hear the 2 beeps. 3. and what does the 3 beeps mean??

Any help would be great, i have a 60g launch ps3

HEAVEN-Z-A-LIE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 HEAVEN-Z-A-LIE
Member since 2008 • 173 Posts
sorry dude i dont have this game yet maybe later :P
Avatar image for deactivated-5dd711115e664
deactivated-5dd711115e664

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-5dd711115e664
Member since 2005 • 8956 Posts

I was wonder if any one else was having this problem.... every time i quit out of LBP using the PS button it always makes the 2 beeps then restarts, also does it even if i try to shut down the system...

My questions: 1. Does this happen to you when you quit LBP. 2. And does it hurt the system when you hear the 2 beeps. 3. and what does the 2 beeps mean??

Any help would be great, i have a 60g launch ps3

bsman00

The 2 beeps is a restart I think. The only time I've heard it was when Fallout froze on me and I hard to hold the power button down until the console rebooted. So your console must be doing the same thing.

I've never had any problems quitting little big planet, although I do notice that when I check the XMB using the PS button, there is sometimes a long pause. I assumed it was because of the network connection, because I've never noticed it when playing NOT logged on to the online portion of the game.

Maybe, before quitting your game, make sure you exit back to the pod and then make sure the little load icon isn't running on the bottom left corner of the screen. Sometimes that runs for a little while. Try quitting once that stops running.

rgallard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 rgallard
Member since 2008 • 215 Posts

sorry dude i dont have this game yet maybe later :PHEAVEN-Z-A-LIE

I really don't see the point of people writing stuff like that. Doesn't help anyone. GET A LIFE!

Anyway, i have lbp, and have never experienced the 2 beeps/shutdown when quitting it. Try it with a few more games, you may have a ps3 about to pack up!

bsman00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 bsman00
Member since 2008 • 6038 Posts
[QUOTE="bsman00"]

The 2 beeps is a restart I think. The only time I've heard it was when Fallout froze on me and I hard to hold the power button down until the console rebooted. So your console must be doing the same thing.

I've never had any problems quitting little big planet, although I do notice that when I check the XMB using the PS button, there is sometimes a long pause. I assumed it was because of the network connection, because I've never noticed it when playing NOT logged on to the online portion of the game.

Maybe, before quitting your game, make sure you exit back to the pod and then make sure the little load icon isn't running on the bottom left corner of the screen. Sometimes that runs for a little while. Try quitting once that stops running.

ZIMdoom
Yeah ive tried that but it still does the 3 beep

[QUOTE="HEAVEN-Z-A-LIE"]sorry dude i dont have this game yet maybe later :Prgallard

I really don't see the point of people writing stuff like that. Doesn't help anyone. GET A LIFE!

Anyway, i have lbp, and have never experienced the 2 beeps/shutdown when quitting it. Try it with a few more games, you may have a ps3 about to pack up!

No i just read this is happening to alot of ps3s and this does not happen on any other game

LeighU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 LeighU
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
Had the same problem once. But think it was probably my fault, think the save icon was in motion when I chosse to quit game. My PS3 went into restart with the beeps too! Try again checking that the save icon isn't going, it tends to go for a little while after you have finished a game.
jasopan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 jasopan
Member since 2006 • 2360 Posts
1. Happened to me once 2. Don't think so, maybe something just stuffed up and it had to restart, unless it ALWAYS happens