Pre-Ordered GOW3 and kinda upset

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DarkKnight957

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 DarkKnight957
Member since 2003 • 136 Posts
So i went to game stop and pre-ordered the Ultimate Edition of God of War 3. When the purchase was over i asked if i could get the Demo Code. I was then Told that the demo code will come with my game when the game comes out. then i told him the demo for the GOW3. He said "yea it will be pre-bundled with my game. It will be on a sheet in the case" I didn't have a lot of time to argue so i am going back some time tomorrow but how does one handle that? like i want my code.
jt4mtb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 jt4mtb
Member since 2003 • 2352 Posts
If it's the same guy, point out how idiotic it sounds for a demo for a game to come with the actual game itself. If you've got time before going back, print out some some sources that state it's available now (the more official the source, the better such as the original announcement on the PS blog). Even better, print out the product page from Gamestop's website that states: "Store Customers: A pre-order card containing a code and instructions on how to download the demo will be available at time of reservation."
yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

That makes no sense. I'd go back and complain to the manager, or order it online from Amazon or something. I got my code within a day of pre-ordering.

DarkKnight957

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DarkKnight957
Member since 2003 • 136 Posts
If it's the same guy, point out how idiotic it sounds for a demo for a game to come with the actual game itself. If you've got time before going back, print out some some sources that state it's available now (the more official the source, the better such as the original announcement on the PS blog). Even better, print out the product page from Gamestop's website that states: "Store Customers: A pre-order card containing a code and instructions on how to download the demo will be available at time of reservation." jt4mtb
i think i will do that, and if i get a problem from them i will jsut get my money back and order it online.
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts
lol I would have just stood there and looked at him before finally saying "think about that one for a second chief" Sometimes people have to be condensended to jump start the old noggin.
Warriorboy1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#6 Warriorboy1990
Member since 2008 • 3813 Posts

Tip 1, never shop at Gamestop.

hot_shot_9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 hot_shot_9
Member since 2008 • 1663 Posts

Lol, idiots these days.

Arctic_Grillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Arctic_Grillz
Member since 2008 • 2749 Posts
So...whats the point of having the demo if you already have the game??unless you want to give it to a friend. ill go back and demand for the demo code if I were you.
jmdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 jmdude
Member since 2007 • 2521 Posts

giving the demo when the game comes out? that's retarded, the demo would have no use by then.

istuffedsunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#10 istuffedsunny
Member since 2008 • 6991 Posts
lol I'm guessing he wanted the code for himself. Who plays a demo of a game you already have?
azzezino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 azzezino
Member since 2002 • 4570 Posts
lol I would have just stood there and looked at him before finally saying "think about that one for a second chief" Sometimes people have to be condensended to jump start the old noggin. Sepewrath
Ha Ha Ha!!! LoL! :lol:
Furi-Kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Furi-Kun
Member since 2007 • 10903 Posts

That is very silly of them. I pre-ordered the God of War Collection yesterday and I don't even know if the game comes bundled with the demo or if I was supposed to ask.

M0wen10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#13 M0wen10
Member since 2009 • 7555 Posts

Thats a stupid mistake because when you have the game, who on earth would bother with the demo

urdead18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 urdead18
Member since 2008 • 3630 Posts

He was probably confusing it with the GoW Collection.

Go back and say you preordered the Ultimate Edition of God of War 3 and ask for the demo voucher, and tell him the demo he's thinking of comes with the collection.

No need to jump all over the guy, not everyone stays up to date with everything video-game related.

xmitchconnorx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 xmitchconnorx
Member since 2007 • 2649 Posts

Go back and say you preordered the Ultimate Edition of God of War 3 and ask for the demo voucher, and tell him the demo he's thinking of comes with the collection.

No need to jump all over the guy, not everyone stays up to date with everything video-game related.

urdead18
This. The guy most likely confused your GOW3 reserve with The Collection.
LP4EVA2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 LP4EVA2005
Member since 2004 • 8585 Posts

urdead18

..well that employee is working at a VIDEO GAME STORE so i think he should be "up to date"..dont u think?

PsiCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 PsiCrisis
Member since 2009 • 216 Posts

[QUOTE="urdead18"]

LP4EVA2005

..well that employee is working at a VIDEO GAME STORE so i think he should be "up to date"..dont u think?

Seriously, it's his job to know about promotional offers for games you buy there.

Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 Scianix-Black
Member since 2008 • 19297 Posts

[QUOTE="LP4EVA2005"]

[QUOTE="urdead18"]

PsiCrisis

Seriously, it's his job to know about promotional offers for games you buy there.

Especially when they like to stuff them down your throat, even when you're buying something completely unrelated.

roddollente

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 roddollente
Member since 2008 • 1543 Posts

maybe he thought it was God of War Collection. you should check your pre-order again. 'cause God of War Collection comes with the GoW3 demo on a plastic sheet/voucher inside the case.

Avatar image for deactivated-59506133570df
deactivated-59506133570df

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#20 deactivated-59506133570df
Member since 2007 • 10348 Posts

1. tell him how dumb he is

2.explain to him what a demo is

3.tell him you want your code now

If that doesn't work you can always repeat the steps, or ask for someone who has slightly more brain power:P

jman1553

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 jman1553
Member since 2009 • 1332 Posts

I got the same BS last night. I pre ordered the collectors edition for 10 bucks, only to have the guy tell me that I'll get the demo TWO WEEKS before the game comes out. I'll call Gamestop later...

bloodling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 bloodling
Member since 2006 • 5822 Posts

[QUOTE="LP4EVA2005"]

[QUOTE="urdead18"]

PsiCrisis

This makes me think about the cashier at some restaurant who forgot 3 times in a row to give me the 10% discount on take-outs. The only thing she has to do all day is use her calculator and apply the discount... Unbelievable...

Childeater10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#23 Childeater10
Member since 2006 • 3027 Posts

He is either idiotic or maybe got confused with the GOW collection and Ultimate edition. People make mistakes... Just go back and ask for the demo if they don't give you one cancel it then.

Sk8ter_213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Sk8ter_213
Member since 2003 • 4573 Posts

Warriorboy1990
seriously? i know that the employees are a bunch of 360 fanboys but thats no reason for you to shop there
xbxman82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 xbxman82
Member since 2007 • 330 Posts

You should have got the code for that and you will also be getting a code for one the skins that after you gow3 you unlock said skin for kratos

TSNAKE617

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 TSNAKE617
Member since 2008 • 5494 Posts

[QUOTE="Warriorboy1990"]

Sk8ter_213

seriously? i know that the employees are a bunch of 360 fanboys but thats no reason for you to shop there

If I'm not a major fan of the series, I'll buy the game used there with my discount card to get $10 off, I don't recommend selling or buying new games there, though. (No seal=No deal.)

Furi-Kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Furi-Kun
Member since 2007 • 10903 Posts

Why does everyone hate GameStop?