Pre-order PS4 from Best Buy

This topic is locked from further discussion.

raydog44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 raydog44
Member since 2006 • 248 Posts

So proably just being paranoid but the Xbox 1 on Bestbuy says day 1 edition in the title but my receipt for the PS4 just says PS4 console. Anyone else preorder from Bestbuy? Does anyone's receipt say day 1 edition?

nyc05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 nyc05
Member since 2005 • 10190 Posts

That''s because Xbox One has a "day one edition" of the console that is branded as such (packaging, controller). The PS4 has no such version.

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#3 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

That''s because Xbox One has a "day one edition" of the console that is branded as such (packaging, controller). The PS4 has no such version.

nyc05
At Amazon, they put 'Launch Day Edition' on the PS4 preorder. I preordered at both Amazon and Best Buy, but cancelled my Best Buy because they have no way of telling you if you will definitely get one on day 1. Amazon says, "You will get a day one edition, and it will be shipped to you on launch day." So Amazon has their act together... Best Buy? Not so much.
nyc05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 nyc05
Member since 2005 • 10190 Posts

[QUOTE="nyc05"]

donalbane

At Amazon, they put 'Launch Day Edition' on the PS4 preorder. I preordered at both Amazon and Best Buy, but cancelled my Best Buy because they have no way of telling you if you will definitely get one on day 1. Amazon says, "You will get a day one edition, and it will be shipped to you on launch day." So Amazon has their act together... Best Buy? Not so much.

Amazon listed the initial offerings of PS4's as "launch editions" meaning you were guaranteed a PS4 at launch.  The meanings are totally different.

"Day one Edition" Xbox One is a specially branded Xbox One available only at launch, sold everywhere (until sold out).

"Launch Edition" PS4 - through Amazon - is a guarantee of a PS4 on launch day.

SLAMMIN23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5 SLAMMIN23
Member since 2007 • 1665 Posts

i chose in store pick up at best buy when i pre-ordered it online not sure if it got shipped to ur house if u decided to have it shipped to ur house

MrGameChef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MrGameChef
Member since 2013 • 76 Posts

I am going to pre order mine online, in person might sound messy.

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#7 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
[QUOTE="MrGameChef"]

I am going to pre order mine online, in peHi Kelly, You dont happen to have an account with Wells fargo do you? Sorryfor not getting to you yesterday I ended up whelping a litter of puppies. I had talked to my bank yesterday morning and they had said I could do the transfer from my computer, but I was unable to do it, apparently Ican only do it from my computer if you are with Wellsfargo. So I am going to have to go to the bank to do a wire transfer, I called this morning and they said 30 mins to 2 or 3 hours it would be in but I need your "Wire in" number from your bank, and make sure your account info is correct as they cannot do any refunds if it goes in wrong. I cant find your number to give you a call to get it. If youget it to me withink the next half hour I can run in now, otherwise I wont be able to run in until after 2, maybe 3. Been one of those weeks that you want to scream lol. ALso I looked at temps yesterday and seems its going to be hot, so probably have to go with the overnight flight to Greenbay. 715-203-5803 if you need to talk to me. Crystalrson might sound messy.

I think the opposite. In store you can ask questions and make sure you will get it day one.Online you don't know when they will actually ship it.
Avatar image for Cloud_Insurance
Cloud_Insurance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Cloud_Insurance
Member since 2008 • 3279 Posts

You don't know when the store will get their shipment(s) in either.

I remember being one of the first to preorder a PS3 from a local Gamestop and they didn't get their first shipment in until a few days after release.

I'd stick with getting one of the bundles from Amazon.

Avatar image for brownstephen259
brownstephen259

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 brownstephen259
Member since 2010 • 268 Posts
I think I'll wait two to three months like did for the xbox 360 launch I bought in January of 06 with a bundle of two which were nba 2k6 and call of duty 2
Avatar image for brownstephen259
brownstephen259

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 brownstephen259
Member since 2010 • 268 Posts

awe just look up on ebay has preorder and presales http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR2.TRC1.A0&_nkw=sony+playstation+4&_sacat=0&_from=R40

Avatar image for Cloud_Insurance
Cloud_Insurance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Cloud_Insurance
Member since 2008 • 3279 Posts

awe just look up on ebay has preorder and presales http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR2.TRC1.A0&_nkw=sony+playstation+4&_sacat=0&_from=R40

brownstephen259

every one of those that has sold above retail has been shilled.

mkeyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 mkeyou
Member since 2008 • 995 Posts

best buy doesnt guarantee ps4 on launch day, which sucks because i like their rewards program. i preordered another one at gamestop just in case becuase they do guarantee one at launch.

cryfreedom66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 cryfreedom66
Member since 2005 • 654 Posts

this thread has me scared now. I already bought and paid for my ps4 from best buy, in store pickup. I was talking with a Live Chat person who said its guaranteed on launch day, but they are often idiots so wth...

cryfreedom66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 cryfreedom66
Member since 2005 • 654 Posts

Heres my second live chat with BB confirming preorder launch day guarantee:

Me: Hello, I have a slight concern. I preordered a ps4 right after it became available for in store pickup, but have heard that at best buy the preorders are first come first serve and not guaranteed to be at the store at launch, is this true?

Rep: If you pre-order for an instore pickup there will be a system at the store for you. Though this does not ensure a place in line.

Me: so regardless of the amount of people before me, it is guaranteed to be there on launch day?

Rep: Yes!

Guess ill have to trust them...

raydog44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 raydog44

Now you have me nervous, I just expected BB to have it launch day. Someone on this forumn has to work for BB or know someone that works there. Why can't the site be crystal clear on launch day or not, I guess b/c they don't know the actual date?

raydog44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 raydog44
Just checked the BB cart and it says release day if you pick up in store. So we got that going for us.
Boddicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 Boddicker
Member since 2012 • 4458 Posts

So there's no alternate SKU?  No "elite" model? :?

Oh well.  I can't get one at launch even if I wanted to since I'm graduating college in Nov.  Probably going to be about 6 months before I can pick one up.

DaRq_MiNoS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 DaRq_MiNoS
Member since 2011 • 602 Posts

When it comes to Best Buy, you don't know if they'll still be in business in November :p

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#20 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I preo ordered from GAME UK.