Pre-E3 Top 10 Games for 2009

This topic is locked from further discussion.

knicknut17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 0

#1 knicknut17
Member since 2003 • 1987 Posts

E3 is coming up next month, meaning a whole slew of game announcements for the upcoming year. Now that we're nearing the halfway point of the year, here are my top 10 most anticipated releases. Of course this list is subject to change depending on what we find out at E3.

1. Uncharted 2- The flagbearer for PS3 exclusives for 2009. Naughty Dog is expected to deliver a solid GOTY candidate.

2. Infamous- Combine the open world of GTA with the platforming of Assassins Creed (except better it seems) and add in fantastic "Force" powers and you get my most anticipated new IP for 2009!

3. Modern Warfare 2- Like it or not, the KING HAS RETURN...

4. Fight Night Round 4- Loved Fight Night Round 3 and I have a group of friends who are fantatical about the game. Simply a must buy for me.

5. Fallout 3 Game of the Year Edition- Economics tells me that is a smarter idea to sell my copy of Fallout 3 and rebuy the GOTY Edition for $60, rather than spend $55 and 4-5 GB of hard drive space for the expansion packs. Thank you Bethesda for doing the right thing and offering PS3 owners the complete version of the best RPG of this generation.

6. Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack in Time- Tools of Destruction was a masterpiece whose only slight flaws were its easy difficulty and lack of multiplayer (I perceive this as a slight flaw because the online multiplayer in "Up Your Arsenal" was AMAZING). A huge fan of the series, and a must buy, even if I might have to hold off a couple months before buying the game.

7. MAG- No doubt Zipper Interactive has something special planned with MAG. I'm looking forward to the game, but it's tough to sell me another FPS when "THE KING" returns this November. I'll be tracking development of this game and looking forward to reviews.

8. Heavy Rain- Something completely fresh in the world of video games. I'm not sure what to make of it, but it looks interesting. Looking forward to seeing more about this game.

9. Bioshock 2- I'm in the process of playing Bioshock right now and I'm enjoying it. I reserve the right to hold judgement until I have completed the game.

10. Tekken 6- The King of Iron Fist Tournament hits the PS3!

daveydag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 daveydag
Member since 2004 • 403 Posts
nice list, looking forward to most of those too. cant wait to see what goodies they have in store for us all :D bring on E3!
zarshack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 149

#3 zarshack
Member since 2009 • 9936 Posts

there are sooooooo many games i want this year i'll have to go and think about it to make a list myself... looking to be a great year though!

THQ88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 THQ88
Member since 2008 • 1362 Posts

if MGS5 is announced, I'll make sure to put it right after Uncharted 2 which is at position 1. :D

Vojkan80001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#5 Vojkan80001
Member since 2005 • 3621 Posts

2 many games but i will try to make my top list

1:Heavy Rain

2.GOW3

3.Uncharted 2

4.Ratchet ACIT

5.Trico

6.Mafia 2

7.Trine

8.Pixel junk 1-4

9.Dark Cloud 3? (O please)

10.Parasite Eve 3

Jayvan_JJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 Jayvan_JJ
Member since 2006 • 1044 Posts
[QUOTE="knicknut17"]

E3 is coming up next month, meaning a whole slew of game announcements for the upcoming year. Now that we're nearing the halfway point of the year, here are my top 10 most anticipated releases. Of course this list is subject to change depending on what we find out at E3.

1. Uncharted 2- The flagbearer for PS3 exclusives for 2009. Naughty Dog is expected to deliver a solid GOTY candidate.

2. Infamous- Combine the open world of GTA with the platforming of Assassins Creed (except better it seems) and add in fantastic "Force" powers and you get my most anticipated new IP for 2009!

3. Modern Warfare 2- Like it or not, the KING HAS RETURN...

4. Fight Night Round 4- Loved Fight Night Round 3 and I have a group of friends who are fantatical about the game. Simply a must buy for me.

5. Fallout 3 Game of the Year Edition- Economics tells me that is a smarter idea to sell my copy of Fallout 3 and rebuy the GOTY Edition for $60, rather than spend $55 and 4-5 GB of hard drive space for the expansion packs. Thank you Bethesda for doing the right thing and offering PS3 owners the complete version of the best RPG of this generation.

6. Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack in Time- Tools of Destruction was a masterpiece whose only slight flaws were its easy difficulty and lack of multiplayer (I perceive this as a slight flaw because the online multiplayer in "Up Your Arsenal" was AMAZING). A huge fan of the series, and a must buy, even if I might have to hold off a couple months before buying the game.

7. MAG- No doubt Zipper Interactive has something special planned with MAG. I'm looking forward to the game, but it's tough to sell me another FPS when "THE KING" returns this November. I'll be tracking development of this game and looking forward to reviews.

8. Heavy Rain- Something completely fresh in the world of video games. I'm not sure what to make of it, but it looks interesting. Looking forward to seeing more about this game.

9. Bioshock 2- I'm in the process of playing Bioshock right now and I'm enjoying it. I reserve the right to hold judgement until I have completed the game.

10. Tekken 6- The King of Iron Fist Tournament hits the PS3!

Really the add on content would ad up to 4-5 GB, and $55, Ima sell my FALLOUT 3 game disc ASAP, before it lowers its price when people find out GOTY is coming...thanks
varuchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 varuchi
Member since 2008 • 68 Posts

U'd add a poll may be.. it'll get more response.

bioshock2 is a must buy fr me.. can't wait to be the BIG DADDY

tidan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 tidan
Member since 2003 • 369 Posts

2.GOW3

3.Uncharted 2

4.Ratchet ACIT

5.Trico

6.Mafia 2

7.Trine

8.Pixel junk 1-4

10.Parasite Eve 3

Vojkan80001

Parisite Eve 3??? is that for real?

Vojkan80001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#10 Vojkan80001
Member since 2005 • 3621 Posts

[QUOTE="Vojkan80001"]

2.GOW3

3.Uncharted 2

4.Ratchet ACIT

5.Trico

6.Mafia 2

7.Trine

8.Pixel junk 1-4

10.Parasite Eve 3

tidan

Parisite Eve 3??? is that for real?

Yes, it was announced last TGS for PSP

Nephilim83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#11 Nephilim83
Member since 2008 • 4378 Posts
Nice list, TC, but where the heck is God of War 3??
punisher1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 punisher1
Member since 2004 • 3290 Posts

I hope Rockstar announces a new GTA:Vice City game. And stops with boring liberty city crap.

Sean2moore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Sean2moore
Member since 2008 • 389 Posts

I just called gamestop to see how much Fallout 3 would be if I sell it to them. They said that the value of Fallout 3 is at $23.00 dollars... I expected that the game would be much more than that. I am not sure what I will do with the game now.

dazzzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 dazzzilla
Member since 2006 • 1246 Posts

1)Gran turismo 5

2)Gran turismo mobile

3)Pikmin 3

4) Hopefully! New Wii zelda

5)Uncharted 2

6)Forza 3

7)LBP PSP

8)Bioshock 2

9)Team ICO game

10)GOW 3

M0wen10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#15 M0wen10
Member since 2009 • 7555 Posts

I'm looking forward to Bioshock 2, Singularity, Uncharted 2 and Modern Warfare 2.