Pre Owned Mass Effect 2 question?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Agent_305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Agent_305
Member since 2007 • 758 Posts

As the title suggests, I've bought a pre owned copy of Mass Effect 2, so I know I'm not going to get my free DLC, but does that include the Mass Effect Genesis comic?
I never played the first one so I've no idea what happens. Don't really want to pay for it unless I have too :P

I'm away from my PS3 for a few days so just eager to know now.

Avatar image for ThePhenomenaIHP
ThePhenomenaIHP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 ThePhenomenaIHP
Member since 2011 • 276 Posts

The comic is part of the Cerberus DLC.

Moon__Light

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Moon__Light
Member since 2011 • 125 Posts
You might be able to watch the comic on youtube BUT you wont be able to make the 6 choice's that the comic gives you which effect the game.
blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 blueboxdoctor
Member since 2010 • 2549 Posts

yeah, i did the same thing. you have to get the comic thing from the psn (i think it's $15, but it may be $10). I just went on without it and read about the 1st game online (though I will be getting it for the pc eventually). ME2 does a good job of referring back to previous events that you can pretty much piece together what happened in the main story (some side characters may be harder to figure out, but even then it's not that bad).

itsphantom994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 itsphantom994
Member since 2011 • 122 Posts

Yeah ull have to pay for it since its considered a part of the cerberus network.

Amir29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#6 Amir29
Member since 2007 • 822 Posts

You will have to buy the Cerberus Pack which is pretty costly from what I remember ($14.99)?

THe comic will trake you through 6 major decisions Shepard had to make in Mass Effect 1.

I highly recommend playing Mass Effect 1 first (whether on PC or Xbox 360). The comic doesn't do the fiurst game's story justice and the narractive for the comic kinda makes clear which choices are good and bad, while the game blurs those lines for you.

To be honest, I played Mass Effect 2 on PS3 first, and after realizing how incredible the experience could be, I actually bought a 360 just to play Mass Effect 1 and 2 with an imported save. The experience is like night and day. There's a lot of decisions (even in side missions) that transfer over, and it's just incredible. If you have the money to spare, Experience Mass Effect with imported saves. You'll be glad you did :)

Edit: It's also not as costly as you may think. I scored a 360 from Amazon for $200 with a $50 coupon towards future purchases and used the $50 to get both Mass Effect 1 & 2.

So... For $200 you can have the same experience :)